Who do your write like, Veeky Forums?

Who do your write like, Veeky Forums?
iwl.me/

Got DFW. Should I just kill myself now?

Other urls found in this thread:

craphound.com/down/Cory_Doctorow_-_Down_and_Out_in_the_Magic_Kingdom.htm#prologue
iwl.me/writer/Arthur_Conan_Doyle
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I got Anne Rice

>Le Guin
Eh, could be worse.

Edgar Allan Poe. Fine enough.

>Got DFW.

Yeah that pretty much means you write like a pleb since thats who he was emulating

Same

I think it's rigged lol

O i am laffin

;_;

HAHAHAHAHAHA

How is that bad?

Not bad

Fuck this is embarrassing

I write like
Chuck PalahniukAbout Chuck Palahniuk | Analyze your text

Your copy and paste skills are embarrassing.

Also, when you copy a passage from a book it actually gives out the correct author. Pretty neat.

About my own stuff it says I write like Arthur Clarke btw-

plugged in different snippets:

Arthur Clarke - Some notes I took on a character

the rest are from various samples of fiction i put down when I'm bored...

Cory Doctorow

Gertrude Stein

DFW

I got that too. I think if you write too much dialogue you might get that.

I got H.P. Lovecraft off a piece of my academic work. Nice.

About Mario Puzo
Mario Gianluigi Puzo (October 15, 1920 – July 2, 1999) was an Italian American author and screenwriter, known for his novels about the Mafia, including The Godfather (1969), which he later co-adapted into a film by Francis Ford Coppola. He won the Academy Award for Best Adapted Screenplay in both 1972 and 1974.

What da hell is dis?

charles dickens :D :D

What sample did you use that got Gertrude Stein?

Vladimir Nabokov on one occasion.
Charles dickens on another.

This is okay.

i got dickens before you therefore im superior lol

Agatha Christie

>Paste in some genre fic worldbuilding
>Get this
Okay.

P. G. Wodehouse apparently?

I got the same after pasting some translated borges

Got this from an old short text I wrote about Daniel Defoe

I write like
James Joyce

Or rather it was about A Journal of The Plague Year

Feels bretty gud m8s.

Got Arthur Clarke.

huh

Apparently the second chapter of my novel reads like Agatha Christie, and the fourth chapter reads like Vonngegut.
On the whole I'm not disappointed or anything, but honestly I believe this is just bullshit.

Cory Doctorow. Is that good? Never read any of his stuff.

i wrote a story about fucking an anthropomorphic train pussy and i got cory doctorow so its probably really bad

Judge for yourself

craphound.com/down/Cory_Doctorow_-_Down_and_Out_in_the_Magic_Kingdom.htm#prologue

He's alright.

pasted Irvine Welsh got Agatha Christie
This website is garbage.

Arthur C Clarke

Was writing a restatement of my ideological foci.

>Paste finnish writing
>James Joyce

K E K
E : : E
K E K

Mark Twain.
Hm.

Pasted a comment I wrote about camus on this board

>Douglas Adams

Please tell me this is good Veeky Forums

Yeah, I got her as well.

I'll try a different piece of work and see if I get her again.

No, I got her again even with something different. Oh well, I don't mind.

I copy/pasted the first paragraph of Moby Dick and it gave me Dickens

What would Melville think of this?

HG Wells, is that good or bad?

^^

Wrote a bunch of nonsense and got James Joyce.

>tfw you got Vladimir Nabokov
>tfw all you did was copy/paste the first chapter my My Immortal into the text box

Literally a meme website.

Copied short essay:

Full essay: Tolstoy
1st paragraph: Poe
2nd: Poe
3rd:Poe
4th:Hemingway
5th:Poe
6th: Tolstoy
7th (very short): Tolstoy

Something's fishy

Am Same. My essay was about Camus' absurdism.

Probably because you don't use any commas, faggot.

Literally who?

Does this make me shit or not?

I got Nabokov after writing a paragraph on a bus stop that smells of farts, sweat and smoke. What the fug.

>mfw I got Johnathan Swift

iwl.me/writer/Arthur_Conan_Doyle
Wait what I don't even like Doyle

Leo Tolstoy

Who the fuck is Anne Rice?

stephen king, at least in english
*intensely scream*

got Lovecraft several times

I fuck bitches, I fuck hoes. I kill snitches, I suck toes. Spider, spider, on the wall, why do I love the smell of my own balls? And if that spiderbird don't sing, poppa's just going to have to keep right on sniffing. Make me. He said that to himself as the skin of his scrotum began to seep a clear, viscous liquid. Like sweat but thicker.

Margaret Atwood.

Text:

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.

It does sound kinda like Snowman from Oryx and Crake.

> enter "herp derp herp derp herp derp herp derp Edward Cullen"

> "You write like Stephanie Meyer"

Cory Doctorow? jesus christ, kill me now
> Unlike the last place I'd been, this one had a name, of sorts: Soko, or Sogo, or perhaps Shoquo - the guide had been translated from Japanese, so I'd had to sound it out. Temperature was just up from god damned freezing, and the atmosphere was a mixture of methane, carbon monoxide and CO2. Socco CH4CO. It didn't sound promising. No free oxygen meant I'd had to shell out for a rebreather and a supply, the first of many new addictions, I supposed. Add to that water, food, a safe place to sleep and, a very distant fourth given the atmosphere, THC. I was not looking forward to this. "Things do not get better, but worse," as Edward Gorey had put it in that limerick.

>Insert an excerpt from To Kill A Mockingbird
>"I write like Kurt Vonnegut"
This thing is fucking stupid

I've tried various bits of writing dragged from old files.

>Stephane Meyer
Aw fuck. This dumb site is shit.

>Cory Doctorow
Dammit. What the fuck is wrong with this place?

>R L Stevenson
Um... okay. Getting better?

>Kurt Vonnegut
Really?

>Oscar Wilde
That's right. Like a pimp.

Idk, i just write poetry with whatever comes to mind.
Maybe like Borges, Neruda, Paz or Pizarnik.
Though vastly inferior to any of those

Kek i put a poem in spanish and got James Joyce

literally who

I got Arthur Clarke, huh

lol

I guess? I've never read his books.

So I tried inputting more of my writing into the field, rather than one paragraph, and I got Stephen King. I'd say that makes sense since I read a bunch of his books as a child. How much writing did the rest of the posters here use for their sample?

I put in several different writings.

>Vladimir Nabokov
Okay.

>James Fenimore Cooper
Literally who?

>Agatha Christie
FUCK.

I'm and I put in about 3,000 words, a chapter from my book

I'm okay with this.

Interesting. I'll try adding a full chapter and see if that changes anything.

here for reference. I put in just four pages in case others care to know.

i got J. D. Salinger i dont know if that's bad or good

damnit

Taken from a journal entry a long time ago, I think it's terrible but the outcome is amusing.

>I find myself at a loss as to what to write about.. I suppose I’ll just type words and follow my thought to an answer. Her eyes are green, I’m fairly certain of it now, but it really makes no matter as she has a repulsive personality, even though the idea of her is enthralling. She is like someone from home that I know, and sought for a long, painful period. I talked to my girlfriend today- I think she is quite wonderful, always seemingly cheery and childlike. Her youth will keep me young yet! I finished Things Fall Apart today, and I must say I greatly enjoyed it, I’m trying to read The Stranger now, but I’m not entirely sure if I am happy with it. Time will tell. My extreme fit of melancholia that had stuck me just the other day seems to be gone-the reasons for it remain, but venting really is a holy process-I fear I shall forever find more solace in writing a book, rather than living by one. I wonder, even if I am a good man, will I go to hell? I’m sure its so, but to be frank that’s a lie. I don’t know for sure, and I don’t wholly believe, and I feel like the worst kind of liar when I just practice for precaution. I wish God would give us a chance before we go to hell but deep down I feel that’s unpractical. Why go through all the hullabaloo down here if we can just repent in the end? I pray my speculating procrastination doesn’t damn me in the end.

I've toyed with the idea of keeping a journal for posterity but the only reason I can think of is for people to read after I'm dead, and having that in mind would taint the purpose of keeping one.

Guess I'll keep vomiting my thoughts all over /pol/ and Veeky Forums

Neat. I just farted out a little fiction of russian soldiers finding an enemy encampment.