Hello Veeky Forums

Hello Veeky Forums

I don't usually post here, so please, no memeing. I just want your opinion and I'll be on my way.

This book has popping up to me constantly for some reason.

Should I give it a go as a Trump voter and a believer in meme magic?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NYW3aVfW0Kk
bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-08-04/wealth-inequality-may-not-work-the-way-piketty-thinks
econtalk.org/archives/2014/09/thomas_piketty.html
marginalrevolution.com/marginalrevolution/2016/10/piketty-housing-capital-share.html
deirdremccloskey.org/docs/pdf/PikettyReviewEssay.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

bump

As a Trump supporter you should read every book you can get your hands on to gain some common sense. I would suggest somethink at kindergarten level because its easier to read with all the pictures ;)

Thomas Piketty spent an astounding amount of effort and time to prove to people something most educated people took for granted which is that Capitalism by the nature of its system breeds inequality and conglomeration.

If that isn't already basic assumption of yours then yes I do recommend it

Read Capital by Marx not whatever crap picketty puts out

>as a Trump voter
Yes, if you were one of the angry people from the rust belt who had their wealth removed from them with their jobs.
>and a believer in meme magic
no, you would call it communist and shut your ears because it doesnt reinforce your world view.

this book was such a FOTM lmao

>as a Trump voter

youtube.com/watch?v=NYW3aVfW0Kk

>voter = supporter
ah yes

>Immanuel Kant spent an astounding amount of effort and time to prove to people something most educated people take for granted which is that you shouldn't do to others, what you wouldn't have them do to you

>Hegel spent an astounding amount of effort and time to prove to people something most educated people take for granted which is that you can learn from listening even to people you don't agree with

>Augustine spent an astounding amount of effort and time to prove to people something most educated people take for granted which is that humans are morally responsible for their actions

>Friedrich Nietzsche spent an astounding amount of effort and time to prove to people something most educated people take for granted which is that culture can take place of religion

And somehow it's still worth reading them.

gr8 post m8

It's actually a non-standard view of modern economics, he's saying now that a rent seeking component has popped back up within the last 10 years. So in fact most educated people will think of the economy very differently.

Yeah but the standard view of modern economics is total bullshit so go figure

If you believe in Trumps trickle down policy of economics then you'll be shook as how much Piketty disdains for that sort of policy. Why? because it creates greater inequality and just lines the pockets of greedy nihilistic businessmen.

don't post again

Make me

Nothing he said was wrong

Chris Hitchens was at his best when he was a marxist.
Read the book OP, it's good to have some economic theory under your belt, you write like a big cunt though.

Trump's economics are far from Reagan's
it's a reddit tier post (of course his second post is a picture of Christopher Hitchens)
he's a 110-120 IQ pseud

Explain the difference then mongo.

Trump is explicitly protectionist you polyp

No

bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-08-04/wealth-inequality-may-not-work-the-way-piketty-thinks

econtalk.org/archives/2014/09/thomas_piketty.html

I'm pretty sure this book was deemed inaccurate by many economists. But what the fuck do I know?

Look at this paper too

marginalrevolution.com/marginalrevolution/2016/10/piketty-housing-capital-share.html

Take your bourgouis rags to reddit

On immigration but not economically dingus

>reddit
>not anticapitalist

>What are tariffs
He talks bad about free trade all the time and wants to "protect" americans from voluntarily buying a product only because it comes from outside the US.

are you thick?

no but you mum is

>deirdremccloskey.org/docs/pdf/PikettyReviewEssay.pdf

A really good rebuttal to Capital in 21st century