Hello Veeky Forums! I tried my hand at a pizza pie! I covered it with mozz and smoked meats. How does it look?

Hello Veeky Forums! I tried my hand at a pizza pie! I covered it with mozz and smoked meats. How does it look?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1-SJGQ2HLp8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I would eat it. What kind of meats?

oven wasnt hot enough and base is too thick also hydration on your dough is too low

but i would still eat and enjoy it

Crust is too thick

I definitely agree the crust was too thick and a bit undercooked. Good thing to note for next time.
Just some smoked deli meat that I had lying around. Corned beef and ham I believe.

Good effort OP!

Did you use pre-grated cheese? Kinda looks like you did (course I could be mistaken). If so, the stuff they put in it to keep it from clumping prevents it from melting well. Better to go with the non-pre grated stuff.

Things others have said about the crust being too thick/needing more moisture I would agree with. Put a bit of olive oil in your dough for example.

Bake it at as hot as possible also.

What did you do for your tomato?

Thank you! I grated the cheese on my own but did end up caving in and using some pre-made pizza sauce (I didn't have enough time to make my own). I think some olive oil would definitely help! Thank you for your tips!

Is this just for OP? Can I post my own pizza?

Be sure to post your next pizza as well :D

post away

Op here, feel free to post yours!

How do you lads make pizza dough?

Here it Is. I know it is not perfect since its homemade trial and error, and not the regular pizza dough.

I do it like this:
youtube.com/watch?v=1-SJGQ2HLp8

Can't tell if really red and big pepperonis or just thin slices of beet.

Peperoni Bad quality ones tho

Here's a margarita I made.

Also made pizza last night with fresh mozz, pepperoni and sausage. My crust is too thick also, how do they make it so thin?

just roll it out a bit more

za looks good!

What do you think about using a rolling pin?

Haha I have that same salt. Costco?

Personally I prefer doing it by hand. I don't care about pizza being perfectly round and kind of like a bit of unevenness in the crust. Nothing wrong with a pin though.

I try but it keeps snapping back, will try rolling pin as someone else suggested. Was good though

I used a floured rolling pin and I think it came out fine!

I use it because I like pizza as thin as possible.

If I could pick only one ITT I'd choose yours.