OFFICIAL MOST DIFFICULT SUBJECTS TO STUDY POWER RANKINGS

Autistic Savant to get a Nobel Prize in tier:

1(tie). Theoretical Partical Physics
1(tie). Pure Maths
1(tie). Macroeconomics
1(tie). Psychology/Neurobiology/Neurology/Neuropsychology/etc.

Better have a PhD to understand anything about this field tier:

99. Computer Science (Machine learning, A.I., etc.)
999: Pure Chemistry
9999(tie). Evolutionary Biology
9999(tie). Genetics

You can literally teach yourself this shit tier

99999. History
999999. Political Science

This shit will take you forever to do research on because of the thousands of hours of reading and sifting through data you have to do tier

9999999. Art History
99999999999999999999999999999999. English
999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999. Astronomy

Theoretical Partical Physics

I wouldn't say it's too difficult. Math is harder overall.

Nobody cares

>99. Computer Science...
No. Please, don't make laugh.
The amount of idiots who are able to comprehend this is astounding.
There are some intelligent people drawn to the field, but they are just drawn, and generally not challenged (unless, of course, they are specifically dealing with the Mathematics areas/Data Structures/the such. Easiest subject to study as long as you don't plan on writing your own protocols or innovating.)

t. someone switched from CS because of how fucking boring and easy it was (not to mention all the stupid people).

This is unfortunately true for a lot of universities, but if the program is worth its salt, CS can get very complex, challenging and rewarding. A good CS curriculum is well over 50% math. The problem is most "computer science" programs anymore are glorified codemonkey boot camps.

t. Double majored in Math and CS and found CS both more difficult and more interesting

Maybe it was my programme then. I was doing a Maths + CS dual degree, now I'm Maths + Physics.
My time in CS definitely had Maths in it, optimisation, discrete Maths, DS, etc, etc.
It's just boring as all hell. The only classes that are half-interesting/challenging were the architecture/etc classes even signal processing >.

If youre interested in a subject its generally really easy to learn. so it really depends on the topic.

this thread, similar to Veeky Forums, is completely useless

You're right that it would be very hard to get a Nobel Prize in pure math. mainly because there's no such thing

>macroeconomics

Huh

>nobel prize in pure math

shhhhh, don't tell him

>tfw Astronomy is the one thing that really excites you.

Do you think cryptography is easy and boring because it's not challenging? Just a honest question

you can't get a nobel prize in theoretical physics or psychology either.

OP is just a brainlet

Economists don't even divide between microeconomics and macroeconomics

>cryptography
>easy
Youre not doing it right then brainlet

yes they do

how do they not?

there is no nobel prize for mathematics.

Type theory and the likes are very math intensive fields in CS. It's not all codemonkeying. In fact, I'd argue all the codemonkeying isn't even computer science.

I think that the higher levels of computer science are similar in theoretical difficulty as higher level maths. The issue is that many people pursuing a major in computer science don't *understand* their own subject- in order to pass most CS classes, you just need to be able to perform a google search on your subject and find a way to apply code that someone else has already written.

So, it's a similarly challenging subject, but requires less knowledge to get a major in than math.

There is no way macroeconomics is more difficult than theoretical biology/ecology, systems biology or ecology, or any other part of network/systems theory and science. I just refuse to belive, even if economics is difficult it's relatively unimportant.
I'm teaching myself evolutionary (developmental) (behavioral) biology/ecology right now. It's easy.

>The amount of idiots who are able to comprehend this is astounding.
found that pretty interesting. Humans seems to have an amazing ability to understand computer science. As opposed to maybe, understanding the human body

This thread is so retarded.

lol psychology? really? Psychology is what women and undecided people choose its definitely one of the easiest fields, maybe neurology is slightly harder.

t. someone who has never taken a psychology course

t. autistic psychology major who thinks hes a scientist

If psychology's difficulty was on par with that of physics or math, then it wouldnt be the most popular major aside from business, and there wouldnt be so much women in it

>physics and math meme
>sexism
Youre a loser, and that's coming from someone who agrees that's psychology is a complete meme, it does have some utility however

>physics and math meme
???
Do you know where the fuck you are? physics and math were just examples, cs, biology, etc are also much harder than psychology
>sexism
Wow I had no idea there were so many redditors here

You would definitely have to be really retarded to get a Nobel prize in mathematics, because they don't have those.

I have great respect for physics and math.I am pointing out that you are just parroting whatever the memetic zeitgeist is.
You were blatantly sexist

Thats only possible if your math curriculum was retardedly simple. Im guessing you hardly saw any analysis or algebra, and avoided hard proofs in your courses.

>1(tie). Pure Maths

if regurgitation is difficult, then yes, you are correct

thanks for regurgitating your baby food onto your keyboard for us. run along now

muh academic, stfu cuck

maths and physics PhD's can get jobs as actuaries with starting salaries nearing $100k.
what's not to like about that.
additionally, the unemployment rate for physics bachelor's and PhDs is 4% (which is less than the national average)
also, it's cool as fucc and you'd have to be a brainlet not to like it

these are my bread and butter user, i think you're hyping the scholastics a bit eh user? i mean the gave fuking obama one, so it's worth literally nothing now.

>spending a decade in school to become a boring cuck actuary
wew lad

I plan to get a title (perhaps the smallest one) in Political Science to get elected some day, perhaps mayor. Right now I'm still not in College because of Military Service, and I'm still deciding on Electrical Engineering (fell for the meme) or Genetical Engineering (which is my real passion desu, but no jobs). Perhaps even Medicine and Neurology.