Should I be worried if I don't find anything particularly remarkable about theorems or proofs that my textbooks tell me...

Should I be worried if I don't find anything particularly remarkable about theorems or proofs that my textbooks tell me are "beautiful"?

e.g. Hardy, in A Mathematician's Apology, says "It will be clear by now that, if we are to have any chance of making progress, I must produce example of ‘real’ mathematical theorems, theorems which every mathematician will admit to be first-rate"
These two theorems and their proofs are the infinitude of the primes and the irrationality of the square root of 2. All I can think is... "okay... I guess that's kinda cool?" I cannot conjure up the genuine feelings that these really are interesting results, let alone "beautiful" or "first-rate."

No, people have different tastes. I am only truly interested in theorems with geometric significance.

My strong impression is that you havent found the right theorem yet. But keep looking ;D

I never found any straight up proofs to be "beautiful"

Really I've never had much fun with math without using a computer. Using a computer you can always pull a fractal out of your ass with pretty much everything you can think of.

> Iterated function systems
> bitwise fractals
> julia sets
> attractors
> systems involving addition and prime factorization
> space filling curves
> cellular automata
> newton fractals
> LFSRs

there's a reason why abstract math is not a popular pursuit

t. not INTP
you will never be a true mathematician

What do you use to plot them?

Creating and looking at pretty pictures isn't math.

depends

SDL gives you an easy window with a drawpixel(r,g,b,x,y) command

other times I use OpenGL

-t. chain rule master

Having the creativity to know how to apply them is really all you should care about.

Probably better to move on to a different field then, OP.

Damn, that's cool. I'm taking Geometry this semester, what would you recommend? (projective geometry, euclidean geometry, affine spaces,... stuff)

I've never taken geometry at that level

wow

Oh, well my professor recommended POV-ray if we want to play around with pictures but it's quite limited. Might try and code something myself

Why does he do that? He is going to stain the window

DUDE LOOK AT HOW SMART I AM LMAO

Why is he writing on the windows. Is he on that spectrum?

Ye

Hating him is a popular meme old man

What is he up to nowadays? Did he discover anything good?

>Is he on that spectrum?
What do you think?

He's clearly a fucking normalfag

Fuck off with your meme illness