What are the ceiling and SD of modern IQ test?

What are the ceiling and SD of modern IQ test? Been reading a lot of BS about people with IQs 200+ recently.

>web application dev

Jesus Christ, what a way to fall from glory.

>"Hey man I heard you were a software engineer, you must be hitting the 6 figure mark right? Nice man!"
>"Haha yeah dude.. something like this"
>"What languages do you use?"
>"You know... HTML, js..."

I know some web devs into functional programming, respect to those dudes. But regular web dev, nah no thanks.

the number alone is meaningless without knowing the scale being used

stanford-binet is the most popular, and it considers 140+ to be genius, and has standard deviation of 15

Santana had an iq of 400,if I remember correctly

that sounds comical

Tfw childhood iq tested at 140, am now grad student at shorty state uni. Ama

depends on the test
200 is the max afaik
however anything above like 170-180 is technically impossible because of the size of the global population

What is your favorite type of pop tart?

Wildberry toaster strudel

>tfw 220 IQ brainlet

What is shorty state ? Ever had a gf? What do you study? Any subject you are bad at? How isn't your math skills?

That was Kars

The guitar player?

137 here. Your numbers and mine are really not worth an AMA. Also, SAT score?

2 standard deviations of 15 is considered genius, 100 is average

no, that was DIO. Kars was a scrub

142 here, 1600 SAT on the old scale. don't ask me anything because i'm not a condescending cuck

When you say old scale, do you mean out of 2400 or 1600? They recently reverted back to the 1600 scale, so "old" is relative term
>don't ask me anything
Fug
I'm just a brainlet senior who got a 1380/1600 because I was a lazy fuck who didn't study ;_;

same user, I meant 1600/1600 before they moved up to 2400. For what it's worth I was just being sarcastic about AMA because there's so many brainlets on Veeky Forums, I know I'm smart but I don't think I know everything in every subject; I've seen people with lower IQs make some really good arguments on this board before

>playing the violin with a top hat on
what an idiot

>however anything above like 170-180 is technically impossible because of the size of the global population

that's not really how it works

>tfw took my only IQ test at age 12 for entrance into my school's gifted program
>know I was at 130 or above in order to qualify but my parents never told me the actual number as they "forgot" or something

baka

I would probably do worse now as I've picked up some slight testing anxiety as I got older

*shitty state
have one long term gf
i'm bad at socializing and visual arts. i'm not really bad at "stem" things in general. some I put more effort into than others, but my baseline "low effort half-assed attempt" is usually passable.
i took a cs major/math minor in undergrad and my phd field is technically cs, but i'm collabing with research in several different domains

agreed. i meant it as a facetious criticism at iq score, thats why i mentioned i'm at a shit uni now.
no sat, 36 act

yeah I mean guys like this should be coding malware for SCADA PLCs and shit right?

Don't use terms you don't fully understand

any IQ test that goes over 140 is bullshit.

Pillar Men >>> Vampires

getting the max score on the WISC was the worst thing to ever happen to me.

The scores are generate relative to the whole population, right?

So there would have to be a theoretical "max" setting the upper limit standard up until his time is bested

lol explain how I misused any of those terms