ITT: failed poets

ITT: failed poets

Nietzsche
kierkegaard

me t b h

Mina Loy is the greatest failure.

Tractatus was a really long and drawn out poem

all writing is poetry bro

Nietzsche was actually pretty good though.

this

why do you have to shitpost?

wrong. the tractatus is the expression of a poet mind trapped in a logic world.

wrong. all writing tends to poetry, but not all writing achieves it.

>[the] unpoetic mentality, which heads straight for what is concrete. Which is characteristic of my philosophy. (Culture and Value)

>Do not forget that a poem, although it is composed in the language of information, is not used in the language-game of giving information. (Zettel)

>My style is like bad musical composition (CV)

>Philosophy ought really to be written only as a poetic composition (CV)

Didn't faulkner say he wrote prose cause he sucked at poetry?

Joyce, although I suppose he failed at verse more strictly. One could consider his novels as prose poetry in the tradition of Baudelaire.

Plato.

Everyone who achieved lasting notoriety and who was not a poet.

Schopy of course.

Any continental philospher.

come friendly bombs and fall on user

Is poetry the ultimate meme?

nah it cant be memed.

The meme that can be memed is not the eternal meme

>failed

memes cant be eternal they can only be particular manifestations of something immemeable, which is what gives them their power

wait... is there schopenhauer poetry? you can say what you want about his philosophi or his prose, but poetry is the issue here.

>when u fail at poetry so hard Providence arranges a superhero origin story to grant transcendental meta irony upon you

Every poet to ever pull his pathetic melodramatic ass out of his mother's vagina.

No good "poetry" exists outside of the boundaries of the beautiful form of expression known only as Hip-Hop.

The poetic phenomenom is incarnated in his prose you fucking pleb

if he failed to express his poetic relationship to the world as poetry (or as music or as painting) and did it in other forms, then he is a failed poet.

but he did

well, he was mainly a philosopher. what counts is not this or that detail but the overall tendency that predominates in his activity.

John 11:35
Jesus wept.
>tfw rejected for publication again

..says who? it's the peculiarities and the details that matter, not the overall picture

well if you want to discuss the idea of the poetic genius that inhabits every human being and the divine imagination that fuels it and how these take concrete forms in the action of an individual, and how is this individual to be defined, then you can make a thread and we'll talk about it.

here, we follow the conventional use of classifying an author by his main activity, not by some few particularities or exceptions in his work.

>here, we follow the conventional use

kek

>the divine imagination

what divine imagination lmfao?

>here, we follow the conventional use of classifying an author by his main activity, not by some few particularities or exceptions in his work.

conventional by the standards of whom?

Surely these two.

“I'm a failed poet. Maybe every novelist wants to write poetry first, finds he can't, and then tries the short story, which is the most demanding form after poetry. And, failing at that, only then does he take up novel writing.”

Poor Faulkner.

this desu

him t b h