Welcome to the Veeky Forums challenge: Monthly edition!

Welcome to the Veeky Forums challenge: Monthly edition!

THREAD 4!!!!

The theme is announced on the 1st of every month, and submissions are welcome up until the 23rd.
After that the voting/rating thread goes up and everyone is welcome to vote on the submitted dishes.

VOTING GUIDELINES

Voting follows an 'Iron Chef' style scoring system. This means you, the people of Veeky Forums, will judge each entry individually instead of deciding on what you feel is the "best" dish.

We will have two modes of voting:
Casual votes: Vote for as few or as many submissions as you like. Votes will not be tallied and purely for contestants to know how they are doing.
Competitive votes: To submit a competitive vote, you must vote for EVERY submission. These votes will be counted and the winner announced.

Dishes are scored out of a total 20 points, based on 4 categories (worth a maximum of 5 points each); Presentation, Originality, Appeal and Challenge Goals. You may award 0's if you feel the contestant did not meet your expectations for a category.

-Presentation: The appearance of items on the plate; plating skills
-Originality: Creativity in composing the dish
-Appeal: How appetizing the food looks/whether or not the dish appeals to your personal taste as a voter
-Challenge Goals: How closely the entry followed the challenge goal(s)

The distinction between Presentation and Appeal: If someone submits an artfully arranged but burnt steak as an entry, it may score high in Presentation but low in appeal.

Copypasta Scoring Format for Lazymodo

Presentation: /5
Originality: /5
Appeal: /5
Challenge Goals: /5
Total: /20

THEME SELECTION

We'll let YOU, the people, decide!
Feel free to suggest themes that you think will be interesting and accessible to everyone.
5 of the suggested themes will be put into a poll at the start of the next month and everyone can vote for what they would like to see in the subsequent month.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Mo6KUNqdsz0
pastebin.com/VTK7inJQ
i.imgur.com/wqE7hys.jpg
i.imgur.com/qmj9lnL.jpg
i.imgur.com/9zYnUbu.jpg
reviverestore.org/why-birds-are-a-challenge/
imgur.com/orZ3cyg
i.imgur.com/ZZ0oyno.png
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The theme of March is...... EGGS!!!!!!

[Description]

While you're perfectly welcome to make a large spread of food, please make sure there is clearly a "main dish" because that is what people will be voting on.

BONUS CONTENT COURTESY OF WEBMFAG AND user:

Introduction video explaining the challenge for you newbs: youtube.com/watch?v=Mo6KUNqdsz0

Photography guide:
Text version - pastebin.com/VTK7inJQ
Vertical version - i.imgur.com/wqE7hys.jpg

How to make webm: i.imgur.com/qmj9lnL.jpg

How to make verticals vertical: i.imgur.com/9zYnUbu.jpg

And now, to list the official entries for your perusal and judgement!

>1
Sauted cabbage and onion with tomatoes and pinto beans scrambled together with an egg. garnished with a bratwurst and homemade hot sauce - White Castle

>2
Flyover devilled eggs - flyover user

>3
Fettuccine carbonara with homemade noodles. - eyepatch

>4
Egg Hash Cup with Bacon, Goat Cheese, Spinach and Red Bell. -Nack

>5
Green Curry Omelet, with shrimp, tomato, cucumber, & cilantro, served with nam pla prik. - spice jar

>6
Rice and Chinese bbq tri-tip steak (char siu) -Racer X

>7
Omurice! Chicken fried rice with demi-glace sauce and butter topped with a soft omelette and more demi-glace poured on top. - Dice

>8
Upside down bread pudding with poppy seeds and toffee apple. - Webmfag

>9
Steamed egg - asdf

This is to give an idea of the texture. It's comparable to tofu brain / 豆腐脑.

>10

puff pastry round with strips of a sous vide rib eye steak, on top of that is a poached egg covered in béarnaise sauce - byz !qmwDv.Rl4Q

disgusting

>11

Eggs 3 ways: Leek flavored aspic with caviar and suspended poached yolk (yolk broke during presentation); steamed whites, mushroom, caviar, sour cream and dill. - Fleek

Borneo I want you to shit in my mouth

Keep up the quality submissions people, voting starts in a couple days

meet me behind the dumpster at midnight

Stop samefagging, this is sad
>making a new reddit conteat general that nobody cares about
Notice how the last thread rightfully died? You can stop now, sweetie.

Interesting dish. How does it taste?

personally like all this oc desu

Eyepatch here. I changed the name of mine to Homemade Egg Noodles with Creamy Egg Yolk Sauce to shut up the authentifags.

my bad, I missed that

the creativity and quality of the dishes submitted is really good too

looks gross but im sure it tastes good

Any thoughts/opinions on changing to twice a month?

umm i dont think it's samefagging when he used a trip and isnt pretending

i dont think i can keep up with that pace, unless someone else wants to take over

That's cool, was just throwing it out there.

I have made this elite breakfast for your cosiderations

5 eggs scrambled
3 frozen hashbrowns
1 Thomas Bagel Thin (buttered)

I particularly like the skill sets required to remove the frozen hash browns from the freezer and re-heat them. Certainly, a lost and forgotten art which only those whom take their cooking abilities to heart can preform. I wish they still taught this masterful trait in culinary school; it's long since been dropped from the curriculum over past decades.

I considered microwaving and dicing my own potatoes but that seemed unnecessary considering the theme of the competition was eggs and as you can see I have a perfectly OK scramble. Who even tastes the potato anyway when you have the added flair of tomato ketchup.

They're better than OK.

The next round should be like the other challenge thread that failed and died where you randomly choose a country from that generator site and then have to make something from there. I don't remember the name of the site, but hopefully someone else remembers or can find it.

Twice a month seems like too much for the contestants too.

nonsense

This is my 4th BUMP post for this thread, page 8+. 21:00 - 14:00
Did it for the last one too but let it sit for too long on page 9.

There are many quality mcchicken and bait threads for you to post in frienderino.

Eggyolk ravioli on tomato sauce, topped with zested parmesan and salt cured egg yolk.

Egg yolk ravioli with tomato sauce and zested parmesan and salt cured egg yolk.

What does that have to do with changing a competition to twice a month and it being a lot of work for the contestants?

Nothing, that's why I left a space between the two.

Interesting, but a cured egg yolk I would think would be too salty for a dish like that.

I would have froze the egg yolks, then when solid coat them in a soft cheese like goat, then freeze them again. When the cheese is solid, wrap them in the pasta to make the ravioli then cook them. When the ravioli is tender and done, the inside cheese and egg yolk should be creamy and runny.

The cured egg yolk was zested on top with the Parmesan, which I probably should have made more clear.

That's pretty cool.

That's a pretty cool idea.

Ah, that makes a little more sense. I thought you just tossed a whole cured yolk in the wrapping and cooked her up, haha.

No worries.
Your suggestion sounds damn good, so thanks.

I wonder what that would taste like...

wouldn't that just taste like eggs? looks cool but probably tastes the exact same as just putting parm and salt on top of an egg.

Well, that would entirely depend on the preparation of the cured yolk. Of course you would have the yolk flavor as a component, but you can also add additional flavors simply by adding seasonings to the salt during the curing process.

There was saffron in the layer of salt directly around the yolk, and it really came through in the flavour.

It was a lark. I tried to do as much as I could with one egg. I hoped to have the yolk slightly poached and suspended in the aspic, it broke (and went through 3 eggs to get it in there), the leeks turned the aspic green, also not intended, and the whites should have steamed up firmer. The concept was supposed to look like a raw egg with caviar suspended in it on top of the whites so that it from above looked like a sunny side up and layered from the side or something like that. It was a fail. But it's the submission. C'est la vie. Better next time. And it didn't taste very good to be quite honest.

Thanks for being here when no one else was, circlejerking general.

only decent looking thing in this shit fucking thread

What's it feel like to be 12?

wish I knew

Oh look, it's the Person Expressing Differing Opinions. Thanks for your participation

Here, then, Borneo, is my submission. It is a chicken quesadilla, containing pepperjack cheese, chicken, bell peppers, and shiitake mushrooms.

Remember, you can't make a chicken without an egg.

Recipe: take a chicken thigh and drumstick, already cooked, and chop it up into pieces. Add some sliced bell pepper, some mushroom slices, and normally some sliced onions (I'm out, dammit). Put those in a frying pan and let the whole mess cook down for a bit. Move the mess to a bowl.

Then get a couple of flour tortillas, spread some shredded cheese on one, and put it cheese-side up in the frying pan. Dump the mess on top. Throw on more shredded cheese, then put the other tortilla on top.

Let cook for five minutes or so, then flip and let cook for another five minutes or so.

Serve with sour cream, salsa, and whatever else you want -- guac would be good if I had any avocados, but I don't, so oh well.

>Remember, you can't make a chicken without an egg
You ever heard of cloning, famalam?

Are you not aware that cloning requires an egg cell?

Well... at least you got the timestamp and the identifier. That's more than can be said of half a dozen other entries.

Next time I'd recommend cooking it in a pan and not directly on the element.

I rate this a 1 and that's being generous.

Thanks! I did, though. Use a pan, I mean.

Unfortunately all I've got is a shitty gas cooktop that automatically shuts itself off if the temperature goes below some fixed point -- and it's a pretty high fixed point, so everything burns really fast.

It requires a stem cell. An egg cell is a stem cell, but any other stem cell will do too. So, no. 'You're fucking wrong m8 get rekt', etc, etc.

As far as I am aware, there have been no successful clonings of birds yet. Only certain mammals. One reason is that we are as yet unable to insert a fertilized embryo into an egg.

reviverestore.org/why-birds-are-a-challenge/

My unique identifier is my toes

Should have been yer dingus.

>submissions are welcome up until the 23rd

Is that inclusive of the 23rd or only before the clock ticks midnight on the 23rd? Is that UTC, board time, New York, Pacific, Hawaii, Guam timezone? Does the contest even recognize Howland Island at GMT-12?

Well, give it a few years.

Up to midnight.
I believe it's Greenwich.

Soz lads I'll put it up when I have a free 20 minutes

Until the voting thread is up, feel free to submit any last minute dishes

Here's my submission Borneo :)

Ffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuu- I just realized I forgot the timestamp ;---; but it's gone now

You don't need to steal pictures to convince us you can't cook.

Why are people so obsessed with that gay guy from fear factor and his shitty eggs? He's like a D-list actor. Is it meant to be ironic or something? I don't get it.

Oops wrong thread. Meant to post this on /tv/

Fuck off dude

Hey bro, I got your back, here's your timestamp. October 19, 2015. Tineye finds a whole bunch of copies of the image all over the place, too.

imgur.com/orZ3cyg

i.imgur.com/ZZ0oyno.png

It was also posted to Veeky Forums on March 14th. I can only get a link to the overall archive page, though, not the individual thread, but still here ya go.

4chanarchives dot cu dot cc slash board slash fit slash 1344

I also attached the full sized copy. Hope that helps, now fuck off.

>telling Joe fucking Rogan to f off
Kill yourself you dumb swine

That looks gnarly af brosef and not in a good way...

Your sauce looks Hella pasty and your ravs just look like little deformed hotpockets. The main ingredient is not prominently featured also there is a piece of metal jutting from one of the ravs. Your paper is touching the plate, your subsmission shouldn't even count because i think you're obviously trolling us

This. LOL @ the butthurt namefags.

None of you can cook or plate properly yo save your meaningless lives

I'm not butthurt, I didn't even use a plate.

>unique identifier
Hahahahahahahahahaha
You are delusional. This is just an excuse for namefags to circlejerk.

>there is a piece of metal jutting from one of the ravs
holy shitballs it's the Shrike

(((Ezekiel))) Bread

Log
In,
Dammit.
Otherwise...

We are all Borneo!

My internet is painfully slow and i gotta download all of the original pics, this might take an hour or two hang in there lads

I'm glad I reduced the size of mine, then. Next time I'll do a lower quality setting too.

thank ye kindly

Voting thread is up