What is the most Veeky Forums college?

What is the most Veeky Forums college?

Please help me, I have no idea where to apply in December. I'm majoring in English and Economics, want to go to a liberal arts college, have a 3.3 GPA, very high class rigor, and a 32 ACT.

Other urls found in this thread:

campion.edu.au/studies/ba-course-outline/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Duke, UVA. I chose UVA because it was closer to home and so I didn't have to put up with elitist assholes for 8 years.

I doubt you'd get into duke anyways with that gpa, Jesus

>I hate elitists
>wow your gpa sucks

It does though. How do you manage that in high school?

I'm aware of that. I had a lot of shit going on that frankly is none of your goddamn business.

bump

mcdonalds university

That's actually 20 minutes my house, no lie

try ur local public university

I didn't graduate high school (had a 2.3 GPA starting senior year but dropped out to go to CC) and went to a uni that squeaked into top 50 but I am probably smarter than you.

High school doesn't mean shit ese.

Do what I did and go to CC for 2 years, then a decent state school for your degree. I went to a T10 state school and my degree is still worth a lot.

Now I have my pick of elite law schools.

Don't fall for the elite school meme. Save money.

I already applied, but that's not very Veeky Forums is it?

>wants to get into the most /lit college
>3.3 GPA in fucking high school
Bud, just quit. Try for clown college.

"i am probably smarter than you"

-less smart people trying to justify themselves online

Now I know that I am definitely smarter than you.

i know.

I regret this thread so much. Fuck you Veeky Forums

Okay bud

the university of my dick lol

You're not majoring in anything yet, dont be annoying.

It's not our fault that you're a dumbass, bud

Oh yeah? Well my dick is 10 inches long and my IQ is mensa-verified as 162. I have a perfect 4.0 GPA and I go to Princeton. So suck on that.

your GPA is shit. But don't be discouraged! If you get above a 3.5 GPA in honors classes during your first 2 year course, you might be allowed into a school that's worth a shit.

choose a college based on career potential retard.

Money is freedom. No money = publish tons of shit books like steven king and nobody takes you seriously.

>member of mensa
>4.0 instead of 3.8
perma 99%er detected

Veeky Forums is so insecure, goddamn. No one cares about your gpa.

user ignore everyone in this thread

Join the Marines

Eric please go to bed

Hi Henry!

The most lit college is going to any college then dropping out with 6 credits left in your degree to live in a dimly lit basement and chainsmoke and read and write.

OP, the most Veeky Forums colleges in America, are, without a doubt, the Little Three: Amherst, Wesleyan and Williams. Your ACT score is close to the mean of the scores admitted by those colleges, but that doesn't mean as much: you should write brilliant essays. Considering you frequent Veeky Forums and intend on majoring in english, you should really show your love for and knowledge about literature, the arts etc.

Also, be sure to get a rec letter from your favorite english teacher in which they say how much you really read and how good you are analyzing literature. Hope that helps.

ew those schools are full of girls

Smart girls, yeah.

That choice of major will serve you well. I took those two majors and am working as a financial analyst in a F500 company.

I don't think it matters much where you go, but you might think about some cheap, public liberal arts colleges. They're lit as FUCK and won't leave you too deep in the hole. Otherwise, big flagship schools are fine as long as you make some connections along the way.

I also want to recommend that you take some accounting or computer programming electives while you're in school. Sometimes econ degrees have a hard time selling themselves for internships and jobs because there's no "branding" or w/e. Just make sure you can articulate why you want a certain position, etc.

Don't stress too much. Don't stress too much about your choice in college or the career that comes next. You're going to be fine.

Best of luck.

wtf i love smart girls now??!?!?!

What are those two majors?

I'm doing computer information systems + supply chain management right now

St. John's college in Annapolis, without a doubt

also, stop going on Veeky Forums

>English and econ
>good Veeky Forums scene
>Liberal arts college

Most of the NESCACs would be good for you. I'd recommend Hamilton.

Your degree is actually pointless because not a single law school cares where you went to undergrad, only your GPA.

OP, you shouldn't go to a LAC unless you go to a good one. Otherwise, it's just a massive money hole. And you ain't gettin' into Amherst, Williams, or Wesleyan.

This, they'll give you lotsa money too, go.

Why Hamilton? It looks nice but I'm just wondering what stands out about it

>he's going to pay 50 Gs per YEAR for an undergrad degree in econ and lit from a university that nobody cares about

SHIGGY

University of Zimbabwe

If you're paying that much, either you got fucked or your parents are rich as hell

Yeah, yeah, most people get some grants, I'm sure. I bet the majority still end up paying around 50 regardless, after they have to cover rent, other living expenses, etc.

>3.3 gpa
>32 act
holy shit what a retard

lmao exactly
>muh muh I wasn't trying hard! muh muh I was having daddy issues!
Getting a 4.0 in high school is ridiculously easy for anyone relatively intelligent.

Yep

>tfw 33 ACT and sub 3.0 gpa

In my defense i moved to the US from england in sophmore year and never gave a fuck. I still got into an ok state school just off of test scores though, so I guess the only thing it cost me was muh ivy league. ivy leaguers are smarmy douchebags anyway

Why is everyone freaking out about this guy's GPA as if it's the only thing colleges look at? I mean his ACT score is pretty damn good and as long as he has other tricks up his sleeve in terms of extracurriculars, he doesn't have a bad chance.

I've heard good things about Bowdoin, but it's super selective and most likely elitist as fuck.

In AP classes? Not really. Maybe your high school was just really easy? Everyone I know with 4.0s work hours every night.

>muh muh I was having daddy issues!

Actually I had untreated bipolar disorder but whatever man. Try caring about school while in a crippling depressive episode, it's not easy.

bump

Why are you being such an asshole? Who hurt you so bad, friend?

Bard or any Hudson Valley college if you're willing to drop 100k lol

I have the opportunity to go to either Tufts, Wesleyan or Hamilton on exchange (son free tuition). What are the pro/cons?

go to a school where the girls will let you cum inside them without a condom

You can probably make it to a tier 3 normie college (e.g. Northwestern, Wesleyan, BC, BU - basically look up colleges with rankings 100 - 25) with your ACT score

but i why would you want to go to a "Veeky Forums" college other than superficial LARPing reasons

your shit is fucked already with your GPA fampai, just learn a trade and write about real life

college is so fucking fake and not worth it if 1) you're from a pleb family and it'll fuck them over with >100k in loans or 2) you're not setting out to do medicine / science / law / investment banking / consulting / tech

don't try to break into these "elite" strata of society, there's nothing on the other side that you don't already have. i lived among these people for years, they are basically social climbing WASP LARPers or satanic actual WASPs who want to feed off of plebs like you who would do anything to break into their little club. it's all fucked. make your art for yourself. don't feed their machine by buying a worthless meme tier major for 250k

t. top5 undergrad / grad

Applying ED to Wesleyan rn (was previously going to try Cornell but switched last second) because based on my 'research', they have one of the best film programs in the country. However, I'm also intending on majoring in English, and I don't know much about the English programs at Wesleyan (or the other Little Three colleges for that matter). Anyone have good info on either? Also, I have 2250 SATs, 3.9 GPA, and a shitload of 'art' supplements ranging from a few books to long-ass graphic novels I wrote. Do I have a good shot of getting in? (I'm honestly blind to the process as far as it concerns this stuff)

>'smart'
wew now im SPOOKED

Mfw actually the dick is the biggest statistical outlier here

>probably smarter than you
classic dunning-krueger

>Why are you judging people so damn hard, you're taking your point of views a bit too farrrrr.

This non lit thread made me realize the types of people the come on lit.

Your grades are excellent as are your supplements. You'll get in if you write some decent essays and aren't asian.

I got into NYU with worse stats

>he fell for the university meme

If you're in Australia try Campion College

campion.edu.au/studies/ba-course-outline/

i had an unweighted 3.3 in HS because i had better things to do than busywork

still went to a decent state school and now im at an ivy for my grad program (ranked higher than duke btw, both for UG and my program).

im sure uva was great tho, pal. hope wasting your youth just to go to a state school was worth it!

St. John's College in Annapolis.
Tip Top fucking tier. Just make sure you have a grad school in mind afterwords.

Mfw my GPA is worse than OP's and all of these people are callling him retarded

Did you go straight into a PhD program? How does it look if you get a masters as a mediocre state school but have good writing samples and have presented at good conferences? Should I probably try to get published in the gap year I'll be taking between programs?

Also, how did you go about finding where you might fit? Right now, I really want to go to Yale because Elinor Fuchs is still there, but I want to find other comparative literature programs that have significant focuses on theater studies.

Nor do they care if I went for Chinese Aroma Therapy or Physics.

The beauty of law school admissions.

But that's not what I would advise OP to do.

I have a 3.8 in finance from a state school with a rigorous, esteemed finance program. I paid close to nothing.

CC > State school getting a non-shit degree is the only way to go.

But even if you get a shit degree you can make it.

>tfw just send in oxford postgrad application
i actually took that one oxford copypasta to heart

I went straight through. I'm actually in a professional program so I can't comment authoritatively, but from my experience top programs really aren't prejudiced about where you went previously as long as you did well. Going to state school in a flyover state seems to be a disadvantage though, almost everyone here is from the Northeast or the East/West Coast.

I'm obviously not doing anything lit related, but my best advice would be not to settle. If you have the raw capability, you can always improve your credentials. I had the good fortune of getting into a top program on my first cycle, but my 'mentor' in undergrad told me he applied four or five consecutive cycles to get into his PhD program. One year he made a fortuitous personal connection and finally cracked the top 10.

Theater is super interesting! I hope you find a program you really like. I'm not sure how you would go about finding a fit in your field, but e-mailing the department at various top schools might be a good start. I'm assuming living somewhere with a thriving theater scene would help as well. NYU would probably be good in that respect.

The American Literary, Scientific, and Military Academy

Which department? Haven't seen the pasta but I'm writing my application now and getting nervous

>wasting youth

I literally got published in high school. Stop trying to defend your dumb ass in high school

Is it okay to go to a mediocre/shit school for a if you plan on going to grad school after? I didn't have the money to go to a good school even though I got accepted.
wtf i love john green now?

it's a spicy new /pol/ meme

In high school some of us were spending time with Stacy under the autumn leaves rather than sperging about uni admissions with our asian helicopter moms and submitting shitty poems to the school yearbook. Now you tell me what's more lit

Speaking of uni, STEM fag here who just dropped out of EE.
Should I major in Petroleum? My uni is one of the best in the country for PE but I don't know how much of the "oil downturn/limited specialization" stuff is just a meme.
It'll take me 3 years to graduate and by that time Trump should be in full swing. He'll be good for the oil industry right?

thanks asshole

Petroleum isn't worth it, alternative energy is going to be YUGE in the future. From what I've read, petroleum engineering is legitimate dog shit, unless you want money that badly. Have you considered Industrial, or Civil?

I'm a ChemE who is about to graduate.

Don't do Petroleum Engineering. We get a lot of recruiters here in California for oil companies but the real growth is in materials and biotech (biotech is huge). Can you do just Chemical Engineering? That would be a better choice because you are just as competitive with oil companies.

Can't do those. Industrial/Civil/Mech/EE/CE are all grouped together in the same college, which I got booted out of. PE is in a different college though so it's still available to me. In fact it's the only engineering discipline that is.
Why does everyone say PE is suddenly so shit? Only a couple years ago it was the bomb and everyone was leaving school with guaranteed jobs and six-figure incomes.

why is there grass on the roof

I'm in chemical engineering right now, I was planning on going into biochemical processes, or nanomaterials. Are either of these fields suitable right now? I'm also going to go for an M.Eng. in materials sciences.

>Why does everyone say PE is suddenly so shit?
It's been shit for a while. The industry doesn't require as many engineers as before and now there is more competition. Expanding production capacity won't create as many engineering jobs as it will create lower skill jobs. The fields of the future that you want to get into are more high tech than petrochemicals. There is a lot of money in biomedical research fields right now.

> I was planning on going into biochemical processes
If you want to live in the Bay Area you will do great. Like I said earlier biotech is the next big thing. Nano is actually what I do research in and that's another field with high growth, especially if you want to do research.

Should also clarify bay area as SF bay area. San Diego also has a booming biotech scene as well. I'm sure there are also plenty of opportunities in bio on the east coast, probably centered around Boston (MIT).

What would you recommend? Bail on engineering entirely? I already entirely made it through the math and physics requirements and am also 30K in debt, so I can't just switch into women's studies or something.
What if I grabbed a PE degree with a minor in another engineering field, like an EE minor? Would that be worth anything?

Minors are pretty worthless for engineering, you're better off focusing on getting good grades in your major.

Maybe you should study chemistry or biochemistry but it really depends on what you are comfortable doing. It sounds like engineering is not your thing so I would recommend just dropping it.

Are you doing public or private research? What's a better graduate degree, a MaSc or a M.Eng? Or should I go for a PhD?

>want to go to a liberal arts college
Get a STEM degree you faggot. Liberal arts degrees will get you nowhere in life.

Look up salaries for econ majors...

I'm doing undergrad research at a public uni, will go for my PhD. I think M. Eng is better for people who want to work in industry. Most people get their masters and get their doctorate later but for the high tech fields like bio the common trend is to go straight for the PhD.

There are probably a lot of resources at your college too. I am in a pre-phd program for "disadvantaged" students so I get my info from workshops I attend through that program. I would recommend you talk to some graduate retention advisors about what is a good plan, they can also put you in touch with people that have experience. Your professors all have PhDs so they are a good resource.

Please don't give us a bad name. STEM isn't everything. Being a polymath is where it's at.

mathematical modelling desu
not lit at all
even if i get to the interview stage theres no way ill get in

>Everyone talking about no name schools
>Most Veeky Forums
>No Oxbridge
>No Ivy

I actually talked with my gen. chem prof about how to get an RA position over the summer. I'm in a coop program so this summer is going to be the only term I can get something related to research done. Looks like I'm gonna be leaning towards a PhD program after undergrad, thanks.

It's okay user, they have to let somebody in. I'm applying for the DPhil. Hope to see you there