>implying the first one is bad

Steep downfall after A Clash of Kings

I'd say the Harry Potter series doesn't start declining until the fifth book

dune
space ulysses
rama

The Border Trilogy

my diary desu

Should have just ended after this one, it was self-contained enough.

my diary dezoo

when do you think hyperion starts to lose steam? i've only read the first.

After the first book, but even more so after the second one. The Endymion part is completely different, revolving around a rather uninteresting Mary Sue Messiah character

>space ulysses
You're so wrong user, books 2 and 3 are filled with what seems like rambling, but are adaptations of epochal Thomist philosophy, and book 4 completes his climb and vindicates the journey.

The history of humankind.

Space Ulysses?

Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

No, A Storm of Swords was fantastic. The first three books in general were so good, he should have stopped then.

A Feast for Crows was mediocre, and a Dance with Dragons was pure shit.

BOTNS

BOTNS?

He misspelled "Buttons"

BOTNS short to Book of the New Sun, bub.

/thread

Woops, I mixed up the names of the second and third book. Yes, I agree, the third book is the greatest, and then the series declines dramatically.

The ending of the third book is solid though. I think it just suffers from being a trilogy. The middle book is almost useless as a lot of middle parts are.

my dairy deus

New Sun has an incredible thematic pacing, the way it ends and how it came to be were breathtaking.

My dyiar deuce

>space ulysses
only because of the wholly negative influence fo this godawful website did I know exactly what you were talking about. fuck sake

Ender's game

>space ulysses is BotNS instead of pic related

good grief you people
how did you do that

That's because BotNS is basically Ulysses in space, while Clarke is not like Joyce at all.

First book is great (better than Neuromancer). Then, the series took a nosedive and Takeshi was no longer the lovable mass murderer.

>Dune
1 > 2 > 3 > 6 > 4 = 5

The series did deteriorate a bit later on, but Herbert was still cranking out great characters.

BotNS is space Borges though

...although I do see the connection now and concede the sensibility of the analogy

More like Chesterton and Aquinas

FOREVER THIS

after temple of winds...jesus fuck I'm all mad again

2>1>4>3>6>5

>2 before 1

Came here to post this