These things are called "Americans"

>These things are called "Americans"
Thoughts?

Looks like Kennedy, shouldn't it be called a Berliner?

>a tart full of lard
should be american mom

Looks like the "I want to fuck that ____" face

>shouldn't it be called a Berliner
Pic related are what I know as Berliner

Maybe they're called that somewhere. For some strange reason, each region in germany seems to give the same kind of pastry a different name

>a tart full of lard
It's not lard. It's sugarcoating.

Most americans also have choclate coating and some sort of coating that represents a face, but the most basic version of it is just sugar coated

>pic related
>FIRST AMERICAN ON MARS xDDDDDDDDD
>german humor

It was a joke. Kennedy made a famous speech in Berlin before the wall fell. The last words of it were something like "The bravest phrase in the world right now is' Ich bin ein Berliner'." Well received by the audience, made fun of in America because the idea of the President saying "I am a pastry" in a speech being broadcast across the world is pretty funny and Americans are ignorant of the German language enough to believe that that's all Berliner can mean.

cute

Oh ok, that makes sense. I thought it was that wierd different naming in different regions I mentioned.

>pic related

>southern germany
>top is called Krapfen or Berliner
>bottom is called pancake

>eastern germany
>top is called pancake
>bottom is called egg cake
>and for some reason top with apple jam filling is called Apfelkrapfen

>wew lad

I'm American and don't look like that.

I don't believe you.

Same type of thing happens in America, though not usually with pastries for some reason.

Best example I can think of is the generic name for soft drinks.

In many parts of the South East, any carbonated sugary drink is a Coke regardless of whether or not Coca-Cola made it and regardless of whether or not it's a cola. Leads to borderline retarded conversations like

>Hey can I have a Coke?
>Sure. What kind do you want?

In the North East, it's soda.

In the Midwest, it's pop.

Suddenly back to soda again in California.

Looks like hitler

Wouldn't take much to turn that American into an Austrian.

Japan who? As far as I'm concerned it's Germany who has the most kawaii food

Probably contains a similar amount of fat and sugar as your average American.

>your average American

>for some strange reason, each region in germany seems to give the same kind of pastry a different name

Same with Italy. Even worse, the same food word in one region can refer to an entirely different food in another. In mine, "panzerotti" are mashed potato croquettes stuffed with mozzarella. In another, they're baked turnovers stuffed with ricotta and sugar (or honey). In yet another, they're basically deep-fried pizza Hot Pockets.
Another example is 'zeppole.' In my area, they're ichthys-shaped, lemon-flavoured, brioche-dough doughnuts, often with potato in the dough (just realised that we may use potato way more than other regions). In another, they're cream puffs. In a third, they're deep-fried bits of choux pastry dusted with powdered sugar, but with no filling, similar to a churro.

There are dozens of examples of this sort of tomfoolery in Italy. It's confusing as fuck sometimes.

That's actually pretty good humor

>german humour
God no.

>Thoughts?
It's delicious.

This is why all americans need to be burned alive.

>Thoughts?
Looks like some overly sweet pastry.

See, I fuckin told ya

try it you faggot

oh my sides

People here have seriously never heard of or seen a "Black and White Cookie"? What the fuck?

anyone who calls soda pop or coke should be burned

Only one country has done an attack on American Soil since the turn of the 20th century
Purely by coincidence this is the only country to have nuclear weapons against them.

Calling it just "coke" is mostly just a Texas thing.

Flyovers. No, seriously, that's the problem. Black and whites are New York as hell.

>before the wall fell

Yeah like 26 years before it fell...

The problem is that people who live far away from me talk weird.
The regular ordinary word Nudel, meaning noodle or pasta of any kind, is used to refer to large round dumplings in the South and in Austria.
The word Brötchen, meaning little bread, works just like your pane/panini and it means the same thing. But people use nonsensical terms like Rundstücke (round pieces), Schrippen (don't know what it means but it sounds painful), Doppelte (doubles), Wecken (pastries!), Semmeln (a word stemming from old Assyrian) Bömmel (bobble, as in a bobble cap), and worse to refer to them. It's awful.

I didn't know Germans made EE'n'E fanfics.

>The problem is that people who live far away from me talk weird
you talk weird

Hahnrei.

>posted by an american

top heh

What's funny, living in the NW, it's not NEARLY as divided, I use soda and pop interchangeably and so do most people I know, but most importantly, we all think calling a soft drink a "Coke" unless it is indeed a fucking coca-cola is the dumbest shit I've heard.

Most of the time I just refer to soda by the brand name most relevant/I want.

Well I'd say that's just due to lack of Jewish people in the middle country. Only place I see Black and white cookies here in Los Angeles are at the Jewish bakeries in Beverly Hills.

Delicious

Not fat enough,

Jewish culture and New York culture are pretty tightly associated. Those are places catering to New York Jews who moved out west. Saying blacks and white are "Jewish" is like saying pastrami is "Jewish".

Pastrami is pretty damn Jewish, tho.

Not brown enough.