/tea/ General

No /tea/? Le'ts have one. Posting my favorite mate here.

Other urls found in this thread:

capitalteas.com/Fruit-Tisanes-s/59.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

stop driving up the prices of mate yankees

Umm, I'm argentinean

>be me, tea noob
>buy 1 oz of a green tea with densely rolled leaves
>it only fills 1/3 of one of my tea jars
>"what the fuck I thought 1 oz filled this thing up before"
>later, go back and buy another variety I've enjoyed before
>"3 oz of your yue guang bai please"
>yeah that oughta do it
>shop guy comes back with a pablo escobar-ian quantity of tea
>too embarrassed to say "oh that's too much"
>take it home
>half of it's probably gonna go stale before I drink it
>mfw

Start making tea correctly instead of dumping milk and sugar into oversteeped Lipton teabags yuropoor/irrelevant country

Get out Loay

I've heard some conflicting opinions about glass teapots. Some people say they're good for greens and whites, others say they're to be avoided in general, and usually this is for the same reason in both cases (they dissipate heat quickly).

Another thing I've seen differing opinions about is whether you should wash teapots and if teapots "absorb" aromas and flavors. Some say only clay teapots like yixings do it and that the rest are fine to wash, others say no teapots should ever be washed and that all they need is being rinsed with water

Also, how much would a decent kyusu set me back?

But steels heavier than feathers...

Tea doesn't go stale though, unless you get it wet or something stupid

Do you gues drink mate "authentically" like on OP pic, or make it like green tea with just a teaspoon of mate and brew it for awhile.

I like to do both, but more often like green tea.

Weight is not volume.

Dissipating heat shouldn't be 'good' for greens and whites. You want a consistent heat. If heat dissipation is important, it suggests the water is too hot to begin with.

You'll get build up on a teapot if you don't wash it properly no matter what kind of teapot it is. Claypots basically will absorb the flavour though, so the seasoning will be stronger. I have used a few claypots and I actually don't like this 'feature' because it hides the flavours of individual teas, or the specific aging of a tea.

Teas oxidise and lose their flavour.

Only Americans drink Lipton tea.

rate my gongfu setup /tea/

btw Taiwan GABA is good shit

What Oolong tea should I try first?

Try tie guan yin

That's a broad question, oolong is more a category of tea than a general taste.

If you want something with a medium body that's closer to black tea I'd recommend Taiwan GABA or Red Tiger.

You can also look for a sampler pack, What-cha has a decent intro to Taiwan Oolong.

Pic related is my favorite tea.

>B-BUT COFFEE IS NOT TEA!
Yerba mate isn't tea either.

>or make it like green tea with just a teaspoon of mate and brew it for awhile.
This works the best if the mate was roasted for that purpose until brown.

tfw to intelligent

I just buy store brand orange pekoe (2,50$ for 100 bags) and drink that, black.

If I'm feeling fancy I'll grab some loose leaf earl grey at the independent place downtown (they're the cheapest), but...I don't usually feel fancy.

>store brand orange pekoe

Orange Pekoe is a grade of leaf size.
The grade of leaf in your teabags is Dust and Fannings, not Orange Pekoe.

Hello, friends. I was planning on buying a tea tray in case some friends come over my place and I had my eyes on pic related. However, I am a dirty laowai so I can't read chink moonrunes. What does it say?

Leaf size relates to that on the plant, not post-processing, you fucking dolt.

Dust and fannings can only be acquired through post-processing, seeing as how it's the dust swept up off of the processing plant floor.

pleasure of being cummed inside

user pls

Where the fuck can I find French Vanilla?

"French Vanilla" is a combination of vanilla extract and custard.

It's a flavor of ice cream, not a tea.

Thats called mate cocido and was used to give it yo kids or when you had no money to buy yerba. Also is a customary drink after the shear

brb mixing custard with my tea

It's not fancy, but I do love my mug of rose in the evening.

Which black tea varieties should I explore?

茶缘
tea (/philosophy of tea?)

>General

Does anyone know what kind of tea this might be? All I know is that it is from China, apparently.

Has anyone shopped at Capital Teas? The have a store where I live and it's nice but costly. I was looking at capitalteas.com/Fruit-Tisanes-s/59.htm as an alternative to juice and soda

Looks like a good taiwan rolled oolong. Either an anxi bao cha or tie guan yin.
Expect floral creamy flavours. Use a good couple teaspoons for 200 mls water, steep at 90c several times, start about 30secs and increase from there.

Nice, thanks a lot, user.

GABA can't cross the BBB pleb, enjoy your slight muscle relaxant.

>mate cocido

Unless you talking about toasted yerba mate then just no. Toasted yerba mate is fine for tea and sweeter than black tea. Now if you infuse pulverized green yerba mate (thats not supposed to be infused) you get a slurry and good luck filtrating the tea. Now supposing you have access to microfiltration system and get the tea just trow it out. Infused green yerba mate tastes bitter and just bitter. In the past it was manly to drink this shitty beverage and they have a point. The drink from OPs picture is served at >90 ºC, has no taste and gives throat cancer in the long run.

To be fair it's probably the temperature part that repeatedly damages the mouth and throat which causes the cancer.

How long should I let tea cool down for before drinking?

Mate is traditionally served close to literally boiling hot because sudacas are retards. Drink tea however hot you're comfortable with.

Yeah, I believe in that too.

Remember sipping tradicional mate one day and burning my mouth with the stupid boiling water. I still rage remembering that moment. Never ever gonna drink this stupid shit again. Terere (mate with cold lemon juice, no sugar) is good. Toasted yerba mate is very good if you choose the right brand. Don't know the situation in USA but where I live there's no reason to drink black tea instead of toasted yerba mate. 100 times cheaper, smells better and it is more versatile.

Bags of mate are about the same price as coffee here.

Cruz de Malta

Anybody here have experience with Mormon tea ?

Tried silver needle for the first time. Maybe my pallete just isn't refined enough or some shit, but I heard its supposed to have kind of a sweet taste? When I drink it, it tastes kind of like how freshly cut crops smell, if that makes sense. Doesn't taste bad, but doesn't taste how I expected it.

Why the fuck would you almost boil your water and then complain about bitterness and throat cancer you mongoloid motherfucker.

Learn how to do it properly

> no taste

stick to soda fuckboi