I got a hunk of salmon Veeky Forums how should I cook this bad boy?

I got a hunk of salmon Veeky Forums how should I cook this bad boy?
Pesto?
Teriyaki?
>Lemon pepper for the millionth time?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/WLTynG9aVvE?t=225
foodnetwork.com/recipes/bobby-flay/miso-ginger-marinated-grilled-salmon-recipe
foodwishes.blogspot.com.au/2013/08/grilled-salmon-with-warm-bacon-and-corn.html
youtube.com/watch?v=kurraAjnTEw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I usually just drizzle a tiny bit of olive oil over it, lay a few thin slices of fresh lemon on top, and then bake it.

It must be sad to be you.

This. I actually just discovered this the other day and can't stop using it with my fish. V Ray good, would recommend/10

Salt and pepper. Salmon has enough flavor on it's own, don't fuck with it. Baked potato, vegetable.

First you are going to want to heat up a pan with some butter. And not just like a little butter, you want the fish to be almost covered by the butter when you lay it in the pan. When the butter is melted add your salmon and just let it practically simmer in the butter.
When your salmon is cooked to the perfect temperature, take it out and put it in a plexiglass dish. Now add some white wine (just some cheap shit your wife probably has) and shallots to a small pot and let it reduce for however long you think it should be reduced.
When that's done, throw some hunks of red potato in the dish with the cooked salmon and cover it all with your wine. Now chuck it in a 400 degree oven for 20 minutes.
Scoop out your fish and put into a bowl. If it resembles salmon you fucked up this recipe.

Here is a video showing you how to do it
youtu.be/WLTynG9aVvE?t=225

Top it with boetjes ground mustard, some brown sugar and a couple lemon wedges, wrap it in foil and throw it on the grill.

foodnetwork.com/recipes/bobby-flay/miso-ginger-marinated-grilled-salmon-recipe

My favourite way to make salmon.

lol holy jesus. how many times did he cook that poor fish in that video?

Only us flyovers get to enjoy the best mustard. Sorry coasties >:)

Just fry it on high heat on put into oven for a little bit. Add salt only if it tastes boring or strange. Usually good salmon is fine without anything and it would be a waste to put spices on it. However since you probably have poor quality that stinks like fish, it might be ok to put a little salt on it.

marinate in soysauce and sesame oil. sprinkle chinese 5 spice, and if you want it sweet pour some honey on top too.

do this nigga
foodwishes.blogspot.com.au/2013/08/grilled-salmon-with-warm-bacon-and-corn.html

you should make "gravad lax", i think i've heard americans use that term too.
just put salt and sugar on top of it and put it in the fridge with a weight on for like 12 hours or something.you could add rosemary,dill or something else as well.
eat with cooked potatoes or on bread, maybe with a mustard based sweet sauce.

Butter and garlic...mmm

youtube.com/watch?v=kurraAjnTEw

just oil, salt, and pepper, then make a dill cream sauce to go with it

THOROUGHLY coat (i mean to the point of encrusting) with a mixture of equal parts granulated garlic, eggwhites, and saltpeter. Let dry completely

Wrap saltpeter encruated filet in several layers of banana leaves, and the leaves in leather, or a kitchen towel that's been soaked in canola oil.

Bury the bundle, covering loosely with 2-3 inches of top soil.

Let sit for 10-12 weeks, making sure to urinate on the area at least twice a day.

At the end of the 12th week, soak area in brandy and burn off, then unwrap an enjoy with garlic mayo crustinis and a light salad.

CAN'T FUCK IT UP SALMON:
Lay down tin foil on an oven safe pan
Butter up the foil
Place salmon on buttered portion
Add lemon juice/slice of lemon, salt, and dill (pepper and cayenne also if you like)
Bake for 15-20 min at 450° depending on size of filet
DONE
EZ and has worked every time

I like to mix equal parts maple syrup and soy sauce and then in smaller parts sesame oil and some sambal oelek. I let the salmon soak in that for maybe 15-20 minutes then cook it in foil on the grill. It's pretty good, doesn't overpower the salmon flavor while also not being lemon pepper.

I've been debating reducing blueberries, balsamic vinegar and a pat of brown sugar and maybe drizzling that over salmon with lemon but I'm worried the blueberries won't work with salmon as well as they do with game. Maybe grill it on a cedar plank for that full Canada experience. Anyone ever tried doing fruit with fish?