Does anyone remember that disillusioned experimental biologist

from Quora who dropped out and began doing his own experimental shit.

Supposedly he had some alternate theories of cold fusion which weren't accepted so he rage quit.

better version

>best student
>gold digger
>gets job
u serious?

Its a fucking crybaby mangina pic OP

I'm confused, I can't tell the difference between the top row and the bottom row.

Kejj

Got a chuckle out of me.

>TFW rich parents but nojobs

>top line: objective fact

>bottom line: SJW bullshit

good post, and with recurring digits to boot!

For the last year or so whenever I have seen the SJW initialism I automatically assume the poster is a teenager or at least very new.
Take that as you will idc, just a funny fact.

oh fucking kek

>actually thinking gold digger and rich parents background doesn't increase your chances of getting a good job

Either this is bait or you're underage user, because those two backgrounds are among the core reasons SJWs exist in the first place.

The only one that isn't true is antisocial but that's because computer science exist.

why would a gold digger want a job

From the SJW's point of view, this is probably true for the people they know. The green half of the top row is unknown to them, and they know that *some* of the red half does get jobs.

They don't have contact with people who have real jobs, so in their circle of acquiantances, the ones with jobs are:
- employed in the Women's Studies department of a university (Best Student)
- a pity job from the family (Has Rich Parents)
- given a job as fig leaf for prostitution (Gold Digger)
- working a corporate-diversity-quota job (Attractive and Likeable, i.e. no skills but isn't constantly making trouble, doesn't embarass the company with their appearance, and won't sue)

>Hey, you look really good on paper what with the degree and experience and all, but this company simply isn't willing to hire a black guy(/woman).

Said no one in a modern liberal western democracy in decades.

'
>Said no one in a modern liberal western democracy in decades.
It doesn't really matter if they say it out loud.

>actually thinking a company would be this obvious today

The idea is they can discriminate against you via name or home address and not even allow you to get invited in the first place for an interview. Which has been proven and documented on multiple occasions.

>Hey, you look really good on paper what with the degree and experience and all, but this company simply isn't willing to hire a person with poor parents.

They switched around "has poor parents" and "ugly"

>sorry we need to hire a minority now to meet our diversity quota

Oh, I see it now. Thanks, user!

this is literally true

It took me five months to find an engineering co-op with a 3.52 engineering GPA and TA experience.

This is pretty much true. People with ethnic names are essentially fucked. If you're not white you have a huge disadvantage in the job market and you have to work 2 or 3x harder to find professional employment

I am in my sixth month and still can't find a simple engineering job.
>inb4 EE.

Whats the name of the disillusioned experimental biologist OP? Am I the only one who wants to know this because the thread seems to have been derailed by the pic.

As it should be in white countries.
If your name is Michael O'Bannon you probably have a disadvantage getting hired for certain jobs in Japan. No one is commenting on that.
Really makes you think.

>Whats the name of the disillusioned experimental biologist OP?

That's what I'm trying to find out, I can't remember his name

>wrong race

I knew a black guy who scraped a third in economics from a shithole uni and he was hired literally less than a week after graduation by a major bank because of diversity tax breaks

he just sits in a room doing busywork its bullshit

>>Hey, you look really good on paper what with the degree and experience and all, but this company simply needs more blacks or we will be prosecuted for racism so sorry we cant hire you

>3.52 gpa
That's why it took so long. That isn't a very good gpa mate

garbage gpa

Being "likeable" isn't an inherent trait, and it's something that is totally fair to judge someone on. If you're an asshole full of resentment then yeah, people won't want you around.

being antisocial is a perfectly legitimate reason to not hire someone if the job entails social skills

Sure. But today's job market requires candidates to not only be sociable, but to have "leadership", even if they're sitting in a room alone writing some code.

That isn't really that long. The average time it takes to find a grad job is 3 months. Given some people have jobs already lined up before they graduate, 5 months is not unusual.

You have to be at least sociable enough to interact with your boss and coworkers, even if the tasks themselves are seemingly solitary. Jobs are a big part of people's lives, a weirdo in the office is something people just don't want to deal with every day for 8 hours.

>not being likeable, attractive, in STEM, and the best student

come on my man

>business grad
>gold digger

Good job OP, you derailed your own post with that picture. It's not bad though, makes for interesting discussion. Maybe we'll find that quoran some other time.

Depends on if you count being a cocksleeve as a job.

N A M E O N E C O M P A N Y
A
M
E

O
N
E

C
O
M
P
A
N
Y

>Does anyone remember that disillusioned
>experimental biologist from Quora
back to Quora, fgt pls

Veeky Forums

>history grad from a meh state school
>2.7 GPA (disdain for gen eds fucked me, my history-only GPA was much higher)
>took me 6 years to earn my degree
>poorfag parents with zero useful connections
>fat, anti-social, ugly
>did not network with other students or professors at all in college
>land really good office job with a huge company mostly through dumb luck (my first interviewing manager shared one of my autistic hobbies - baseball stats - and we talked about that for over an hour)
>pay is well above what the average American earns, great benefits, lots of room to grow, job is Pajeet-proof, get to work at home sometimes, the office is quiet and people get shit done, no faggy stuff like open office design or weeklong company retreats
Chartfags BTFO

>3.52 GPA
That's fucking awful, you retard.

That's an odd take

Nice dude

Not true. The US govt favors minority owned businesses in contracts and gives states and businesses incentives to hire diverse

>havent graduated
>have a 3.6 currently
>see these posts

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaa

People who like this chart use the bottom row as rationale for not attempting to be someone in the top row.

Once you've decided you're a victim, you've made sure that you always will be a victim

sweet

What IS your job, then? Don't tell me your boss is willing to let you off with 'busywork' just because of baseball stats.

They're just meming I hope.

>tfw sophomore AE with 3.2 GPA

Still better than mine.

>Spend 4 years in the military as a mechanic
>Do another 2 years in the civilian sector doing pretty much the same thing
>Decide to get an engineering degree with muh GI bill
>4 years and 3 internships later I'm graduating
>Nobody wants to hire me because of my poopy GPA and gubmint jobs are frozen
>Will probably go back to my old job except 4 years behind in certifications/industry knowledge

experience doesn't mean shit. GPA is all that matters. i'm pretty convinced that if you aren't hovering around a 4.0 you are generally fucked.

I'm on my sixth engineering co-op with a 3.7 GPA, stop being an aspie during interviews

Thanks fvm

I'm an underwriter for a huge health insurance company. The TLDR version of my job description: companies send me information about their employees, I analyze it using proprietary software then I email them back a quote. That manager isn't the one I directly report to but I'm certain the good interview helped. Anyways I'm good at my job and my manager loves me because my numbers make him look good.

is that joshua bell?

why don't you actually post your GPA? if it's barely above 2 and you went to some bottom tier school then no shit no one will hire you since it shows that you're borderline retarded.

t. trans niggerkin

I'm so white I put on sunscreen a week in advance of going to the beach my friend.

>psychology
>antisocial

>artist
>gender/race

This.

>say it out loud.
>what are are microexpressions
>who is chris hadnagy
>muh energy

yeah like why do it if you're the stereotypical STEM-fag amirite?

Grats lol

Understand that interviews are literally a huge popularity test. Stop being autistic.

Also the obvious: Apply more.

Am I really fucked for picking psychology?

not at all, why would you think that?

Realistically you will need an advanced degree though.

Adam, is that you?

my GPA was exactly 3.0

That's the only way to do STEM really.

Nice Kafkatrap you've got going on there my dude!

I thought so too, until a man named Barack Hussein Obama was elected president of the United States.

I needed two takes to get this, good job.