Does shock therapy for teh gay work?

Does shock therapy for teh gay work?

Can't fuck em if their dead

"Of courshe" -A 175cm manlet in the movie 'Dark knight rises'

Even only the threat of getting electrocuted would make sure that you would never see anyone waving a rainbow flag.

I'm going to recommend to the mods that anyone who posts in /pol/ receive a 6 hour ban from posting in all other boards.

KEEP /pol/ SHIT INSIDE /pol/

I'm genuinely curious on what the science says, Mr.Fag

does google not exist in your country?

(((google)))

Homosexuality is just a culturally accepted fetish, so I'd suggest whatever is the accepted treatment for fetishes is appropriate for homosexuality.

There's no good evidence that it does. A lot of the trials that claimed to show efficacy were little more than junk science.

There's some evidence that you can get people to report feeling less same-sex attraction, but also that many of those claiming to have been successfully 'cured' later turn up again in the gay scene.

Also, some participants end up so badly harmed that they feel less able to have relationships with anyone.

The whole area is now so associated with quackery and bigotry that I doubt anyone would think it a sensible use of funds to now try to do more rigourous research here.

I think that it would be good to have current psych students go back and have a look at this research, as some of the problems with it are still tolerated in contemporary research, eg non-blinded trials combined with subjective self-report outcomes prone to bias.

Actually, to expand my point.. Whatever is the accepted treatment for operant conditioning is appropriate for homosexuality. But really, that needs to occur on a society wide level, e.g. homosexuality not be rewarded. That's not to say it should be punished either, but treated no differently to say a foot fetish, its tolerated in private but not so much in public.

Mate, homosexuality isn't a fetish...are you retarded?

Perhaps not before the sexual revolution/60's.

After that point it became akin to a fetish enforced by society wide ideological operant conditioning. Homosexuality, including sexual acts but also the archetypal personality and culture surrounding it became heavily suggested through various forms of media and then positively reinforced by large sections of society from that same media, to parents, schools and many institutions.

why don't you go back where you came from, redditor trash?

Furthermore, the culture surrounding homosexuality became intrinsically linked to other marxist ideologies and movements which all reinforce each other. Meaning that the fetishist does not simply receive sexual pleasure by performing deviant acts, but also by subverting and destroying Western culture and tradition; something which is a key part of the archetypal homosexual personality.

lmao at this delusion
Where the hell do you people even come from

Basically Veeky Forums and science in a nutshell regarding these type of controversial topics - open discussion and research is not allowed.

>yeah bro it is the JOOS and CULT-URAL MARXIST!!!
Fuck off

You're a real intellectual aren't you?

>says the person claiming that homosexuality is a product of a fairy tale ideology
back to /pol/

shut the fuck up you intellectual worker bee retard

you know, you CAN be a scientist and yet form your own opinions, both at the same time

>look at me I am so le redpilled
>I KNOW the truth guys!
lmao how can you even be this insane

I think I told you to shut the fuck up

...or, I don't know, actually contribute something to the conversation?

in fact, seeing as that apparently isn't your goal, I must ask; why are you even making all these posts? why do you care so much about making someone look bad, instead of arguing points? why did you even open this thread, if you don't care for your opinion to be challenged on this subject?

t. butt ruptured fag (redundant)

Gays are bad and if you disagree with me you're gay

t. critical thinker

t. closeted fag

>but treated no differently to say a foot fetish, its tolerated in private but not so much in public.
What exactly about this is specific to fetishes? Are "normal" sexual activities tolerated in public? Obviously not, so this has nothing to do with fetishes.

define "sexual"

Things or activities designed or intended to cause arousal.

but there are plenty of activities that cause arousal which are tolerated in the public. the most harmless of all being flerting, and even that's only if you don't want me to meme you with Freud

Believe or not, homosexuality is usually caused by unbalance of hormones and neurotransmitters. It can probably be stopped by anti-psychotics like every other mood disorder.

>What exactly about this is specific to fetishes?
Well, its the line between any 'normal' behavior and a disorder, or in this case fetish. The point at which it negatively disrupts the biological functions of the individual or harms those around them. In the case of fetishes being acted out publicly, this is a line set by society, generally to protect children and others from psychological harm. In this case of homosexuality, which is now forcibly accepted, this is a line which should be set due to the individuals biological functions (namely reproduction, the most crucial biological function of all) being interrupted.

The only function crucial to life is the function of those structures which sustain the body and mind; all else is worthless value assignment.

t. only man in existence to figure out the meaning of life

If you're just going to argue
>muh arbitrarily objective or subjective when it suits me viewpoint
Then you should leave.

m8, you don't have the opportunity to sustain shit if your parents didn't fuck...