Ey Veeky Forums i'm new here and i'm looking for some charts of books to read, specifically flowcharts of authors...

ey Veeky Forums i'm new here and i'm looking for some charts of books to read, specifically flowcharts of authors. i found this on google to start, but i would like more, to form a sort of backlog

oh yeah, and some super emotional books would be nice too, for those quality feels

did we ever get a nice graphic for the recent poll?

There are many charts on the wiki my friend :^)

>doesn't have a backlog
>wants one
... just don't

Start with some plays.

Aye, here it is

that's a nice sample

Is there a text version of this chart knocking around? I want to paste the ones I have yet to read into a bookshop wishlist.

Yea, the sample generally denotes that the person came from reddit. Here's the real one so you don't look like a shmuck

And here's the 2015 edition, so you can compare how Veeky Forums's taste has evolved (generally I'd say for the better, there's less and less high school reading list-core).

Why the fuck do people come onto new boards and ask for all the answers without even taking the time to lurk for a bit?

>hey new guy here just wanted to know if you guys could give me every resource possible :))

Fuck off. There should be something that prohibits people from creating threads if they haven't been here for longer than a month.

Why do you care so much?

Because it's lazy. You're asking for handouts, if you were really interested in literature you wouldn't need to ask for this shit.

And because it takes up space.

I disagree. They're interested in good literature so they go on a board about literature to get Information. It's not hurting anything.

>live n let live :))
>not botherin anyone :))

Click the sticky next time. It's there for a reason.

holy shit, user. having a bad day? a bad life

At the end of the day our opinion doesn't matter anyways. People will post what they want.

i dont wanna talk about it user

please let me bitter and miserable in peace

why does Veeky Forums like too deep 4 u shit?

Wow this is really good. Didn't expect Kalidasa or Du Fu from Veeky Forums. Only thing is I was swap out Sons and Lovers for a different Lawrence, and I'd give Kawabata only one slot to allow for something else. Maybe Hunger.

it's really satisfying to read and makes you feel nice

Oh and also The Trial and Stories are enough for Kafka. I like him like anyone else but including The Castle too is pushing it.

This, it doesn't even take long unless you're a complete idiot. Many newfags don't even seem to bother with stickies.

I see nothing on the lists that is 2 deep 4 u shit though. It's a fairly standard list, it's not like the list is full of philosophy tracts which are unintelligible to the layman.

...stickies?

Agreed, it has some Plato and Camoo on it but the Stranger and Republic are pretty accessible compared to books from Kant or Hegel

>What is the very first post on any board
The link it gives is quite helpful, grouping fairly Veeky Forums-approved books from country to genre to fiction and nonfiction. The Greek chart could use some work though

anyone got the humor chart

rolling

I thought Notes from Underground was quite funny.

>The Trial is listed as humor
I will NEVER understand this.

I'd've put the Castle instead desu

The only book that qualifies for that on that list is Zettel's Traum/Bottom's dream.

what do the blacks got to say thats so interesting

david foster wallace: "in some of kakfas most horrific stories his neigbors would complain because he would be laughing so hard late at night"

new question, is after the quake a good place to start with murakami? the chart i found says to start with kafka on the beach, but after the quake is the only one i have on hand

Hard Boiled Wonderland, Wind Up Bird Chronicle, Norwegian Wood, just don't read 1Q84 unless you want to have an unpleasant time

>Iliad finally moving up
Its about fucking time.

see:
It's what got me into Kafka and when you read it in that mindset, and the narrator's voice in your head is Bill Burr, Kafka's Complete Works immediately become the most entertaining literature of the last 50 years

Read some Chester Himes or Ishmael Reed and find out.

>Siddhartha moving up 1 space from last year
we out here

what the hell is that?

Can we just reply read the fucking sticky and then leave these kind of posts alone?
OP isn't even asking for specific recc's, just asking for us to spoonfed him something he could find through sticky/lit wiki/googling.

do you guys think it's a little weird that there's one book here written by a woman (Wuthering Herights)?

you're right. there should be none.

>Not knowing our ultimate memebook.

it's kind of a token women's book too, isn't it?

inb4 Virginia Woolf is also on there

Step it up sempai. And I don't remember if Middlemarch is on there but I know it is for the later years, even though the author is George Eliot it's actually Mary Ann Evan's pseudonym

read it again and imagine him chuckling writing about the breakfast at the beginning

That's not Jerusalem

not obtuse enough

It has a better penis drawing though

needs aristophanes, maybe plautus.

Nabakov list anyone?

Look at that glans though.

Here's the new starter kit, supposedly better than the more popular one.

Is the stoner a meme?

maybe /lit has gotten more patrician throughout the years... polling user should've weighed against Bottom's Dream (which should be Zettels Traum in the list anyway) and Jerusalem for the bias of their new-release status.

>tfw i havent read a SINGLE book on this list.
do i just end it?

>having 100 of the greatest reads of all time ahead of you
>a bad thing

If you honestly believe that then yeah

>narrator's voice in your head is bill burr

>The Odyssey
>Not the Illiad
Because surely that`s the order you read them in.

>bottoms dream

No, you buy or download some and start this very week.

is there a list of best disturbing novels? i want to see if the book my teacher recommended to me is on it

>Ivan Ilych
>Literally a Justice album cover