Authors who need a 400 page book to express one simple idea/opinion

>authors who need a 400 page book to express one simple idea/opinion

4 to explain it 396 to counter "oh but what about..."

>the book has like 100 pages of intros/prefaces/essays

I don't read books that have more than 275 pages and were published after 1990.

Maybe your story needed 400 pages. More likely your publisher wanted 400 pages. I'm not going to waste my time finding out.

fag :)

I blame language. It's terrible. Like fpbp said there are near infinite fringe cases some smugfuck could throw at you, it's horrible

I'm not going to read your "mighty tome" or "sprawling novel"

get over it, hombre

I take it you liked Gravity's Rainbow?

Pleb

>and were published after 1990
wow your so smart but 1990 is like ancient history like how do you not feel that you've missed out on a lot by doing so

You're missing out on basically every good novel that came out recently but ok, you do you.

Think of books as density, not size. 800 pages may be an easier read than 200 it depends on the content. Page size is so arbitrary and you're judging books according to retarded things like font size or size of page, these influence total pages as much as actual content.

>timschel

>every good novel that came recently
Post them

....aand he didn't delivered

>Implying it's about the abstract ''''''''point'''''''' and not its vital ramifications
"In music, one doesn't make the end of a composition, the point of a composition--if that was so the best conductors would be those who palyed fastest, and there would be composers who wrote only finales."

Just go read non-fiction or short stories for that.

>authors that need 800 pages and 200 pages of footnotes to express nothing

Taleb

But he has great ideas

But it's not just one idea, there is reasoning behind it, arguments.
You are not a bright goy

Who u talking to?

To some person on a Laotian picture website

>I never thought of writing novels. I think if I began to write a novel, I would realize that it’s nonsensical and that I wouldn’t follow through on it. Possibly this is an excuse dreamed up by my laziness.
>And then there’s the fact that a work of three hundred pages depends on padding, on pages which are mere nexuses between one part and another. On the other hand, it’s possible for everything to be essential, or more or less essential, or — shall we say — appear to be essential, in a short story. I think there are stories of Kipling’s that are as dense as a novel, or of Conrad’s too.

Interdasting. Truly. Really keeps the noggin jogging.