Coffee thread

Since there is a coffee hate thread, lets have a coffee general.

Show your coffee machine brothers

Coffee is for drones

Only drones call drones drones, drone

It's /COWFEE/ you dumb nigger.

delete your sad thread. God I wish I could hit your in the fucking nose.

Sorry friend, have a cup and chill out, it might help to push that sand out of your vagina

no I won't calm down. You fucked up the thread and ruined eeryones day. /COWFEE/ is an important part of Veeky Forums culture.

who do you think you are? Do you think you're important enough to go and "change" our tradition?

You're not.
You're a piece of snotty shit that thinks since Veeky Forums is free that he can just post whatever shit he wants.

Go back to rebbit. I hate you.

Don't really see a point in owning anything else than a regular drip coffee machine.

Fuck off, you hot bean juice drinking faggot.

For me it's The Taste of Folgers in Your Cup(TM). The best way to make coffee.

I had to quit drinking coffee because it makes me fucking go bananas.

I was drinking around 7 cups a day up until Sunday this week.

>Using a machine to make hot bean juice
Holy fuck you autistic just buy some instant instead of making some fedoralords ritual out of it.

Finally caved and bought a burr grinder a few months back. Not sure if it's placebo but my french press seems better with the fresh grounds.

Fucking have to filter the coffee afterward though because french presses are garbage. Ended up buying a pour over and filtering the french press through it afterward.

>Spending hundreds of dollars on hot bean juice making equipment
>Having to triple filter the sludge you make for it to be drinkable
All of this could have been avoided if you'd just stuck to the modern scientific miracle of instant, moron.

>heat water in teapot
>spoon of instant coffee mix, half spoon of sugar in a 12oz glass
>fill 4 ounces of water, stir and add a few ice cubes
>when ice cubes melt, add some creamer and fill the rest of the cup with ice cubes
i might be a teenage girl for this but i really love iced coffee

how fine do you typically grind your beans and what's your method/style for pressing? What's your bean:water ratio?

He is so retarded he is putting already brewed french press coffee through a pour over instead of just brewing with the fucking pour over to begin with and you are asking him for advice?
Literally kys yourself.

>post machina

Cold brew.

onMyLevel.get();

Over-extracts and burns it making it considerably bitter

nice. i have a silvia v3 with a 20g vst basket. can't latte art but it churns out tasty flat whites without dropping a beat.

>Fucking have to filter the coffee afterward though because french presses are garbage. Ended up buying a pour over and filtering the french press through it afterward.
Are you retarded? I guarantee you're grinding this way too finely or are a literal retard who's pressing the plunger as quickly as possible

>Use manual burr grinder (came with my french press)
>Coffee is good
>Buy electric burr grinder
>Coffee is considerably darker and bitter as fuck
The electric is a piece of shit letting way more powder get through and I should return it right?

YES. cheap electric burr grinders are garbage. you need to spend at least $100-150 before you get something that's better than a hario

Can you set it to grind more coarse? I find that for drip I have to set my grinder more coarse or coarse medium.

i bought some "fresh local roasted" coffee for $17/lb that said it was roasted march 15th (the same day i bought it)

it's dry and stale

can't wait to finish it and get into the bag 1.5kg costco bag i got for $16.. i know it will be fresh and delicious because costco coffee has never disappointed me

Oh fuck that, I'm just using my shitty handgrinder then.
Out of 18 settings I had it set on like 17 (the second most coarse)

Costco and Sam's Club (under the name "daily chef") coffee are the best I've ever had, local roasters are a meme.

I use the coarsest setting. The finest is practically dust, coarsest is easily visible (but still tiny) pieces.

I'm obviously not an expert, but the plunging process typically takes 30sec or so. Used to actually time it.

>how fine do you typically grind your beans and what's your method/style for pressing? What's your bean:water ratio?
Not him but VERY coarse (google image "french press grind") and the ideal ratio is 2tbsp grounds for every 6oz water
>I'm obviously not an expert, but the plunging process typically takes 30sec or so. Used to actually time it.
Then you're grinding too finely, doing something else wrong or your press is a piece of shit. Mine cost $35 and I've had no issues like this

instant coffee for me.

but you have to put the milk in first, other wise the boiling water burns the coffee and makes it taste bitter

That's what you get for falling for the local roster meme. Those bearded faggots buy the cheapest, shittiest beans they can get and then make up some fake 'tasting notes' and sell them at a 1000% markup to gullible fools like you.

Instant is awful but either way you should never be using boiling. 195-200f

i didn't "fall for the meme" i needed coffee and didn't have time to go to costco

i wasn't happy about it, trust me

Had a plastic french press with a rubber grommet that was awful, replaced it with the glass and steel type with the fine mesh and coiled spring-like outside. Mine was around that $35 price point as well.

The top of the press is a bit loose, so it's probably just that the actual plunging gets crooked enough to allow grounds to pass from the side.

Filtering takes a couple minutes tops, but it's annoying anyway.

>Filtering takes a couple minutes tops, but it's annoying anyway.
Shouldn't be doing that period. If the plunger itself is getting crooked you might need to just tighten it, they're supposed to be disassembled to be cleaned.

I mean that the lid is loose around the shaft of the plunger, Short of hot gluing in some washers around it to hold it as straight as possible I don't know what else to do to tighten the plunger so it's parallel to the carafe.

I do take it apart to clean it, though.

Cheap_proctor_silex_coffee_maker.png

>Go to Starbucks (only option for me occasionally)
>Buy triple shot espresso
>Mix with a bottle of water
>Save a dollar by making the Americano myself
I don't even care about the money, I'm just proud of how jew-y this is

My electric blade grinder is starting to get kind of spotty and isn't grinding as evenly as I'd want.

How much is it for a decent manual burr grinder?
I need something that's easy to clean because I wash my shit after each use.

$30 for a Hario

i hope you boiled the water and keep it in a thermos because if your dousing an espresso with cold water you may as well be drinking 7-11 coffee

I see tons of negative feedback for french press grind.

Also, how much time does it take to grind 4 cups worth?

you really need to mod it to get more consistency. you'd probably be looking at 20 minutes+. i am not shitting you.

That's nearly 50 bucks with the upgrade ring, I think I'll just stick with my grinder, it was only $12 btw.

To be fair, if you're using a french press, you're pretty much required to use an additional decanter so the sediment will come to the bottom and you can pour the clear coffee into your mug and leave the mud in the decanter.

i just let it settle as it cools and i don't drink 4 millilitres at the very bottom

To be fair, why not just brew pour over to begin with and cut out the middle man?!

i like the bean's oil in my coffee

pour over filters it out

Are you literally brain damaged? The guy I was shitposting at said he FILTERS his French press coffee through a pour over after brewing it. Hence he is already removing the oils and might as well just fucking bre pour over.

Holy fuck, actually fucking read before you jump in and add your two cents you mongoloid.

chill dude, it's not that important

Handground is the best cheapish manual grinder. Still $80 though.

French press then filter retard here, mostly because the pour over filter I'm talking about isn't a massive 30+ ounce device and the process takes very little time anyway.

I'm definitely losing untold amounts of oil here, I mean god damn, the filters I have left afterward probably weigh a good .01oz

>StarSchmucks

>Are you literally brain damaged? The guy I was shitposting at said he FILTERS his French press coffee through a pour over after brewing it. Hence he is already removing the oils and might as well just fucking bre pour over.
muh cafestol

Look at all the faggots cucked by the caffeine Jew. Disgusting.