Why are you here? This is mediocre entertainment and freshman tier discussion

Why are you here? This is mediocre entertainment and freshman tier discussion.

Why are YOU here?

because where else can i talk about esoteric and obscure branches of knowledge without having to actually think about it for more than one minute (e.g. classroom, where I do get enough of real discussion in real life as opposed to the Veeky Forums whiners and complainers who are socially repressed or old and only have this board to discuss their thoughts and feelings) ?

Well its better than /b/

I like the new slow cdn. I click on a thumbnail when I never really cared for the image and in a quarter of a second I forgot I even clicked. Then I scroll further not really reading anything and suddenly everything shifts down an inch and behold! the image is loaded. So I scroll back up to look at it. Thus I stupefy myself.

You have to work your way up the intellectual ladder, and this place is damn near the middle

To berate you for being here. The process is repeated in weekly variations.

it's the same as the rest of the site but with slightly better writing as exemplified by

Very frightening to think Veeky Forums is the middle, should be a bit above lowest but nothing more.

Very nice how you posted that to reassure your self superiority.

Youd be very wrong. 90% of intellectualism is a meme.

I'm already on Veeky Forums to read comics for free and post on Veeky Forums and I stop in here to see if there's anything interesting

Because Veeky Forums is the freest place to brainstorm/have a dialogue
No names, nothing except (You)s to show 1 post is linked to another

This is the place where ideas explode and fade ad nauseum

>ad nauseum
You said it bro

I don't have anyone to talk to IRL, so I come here and try to help whenever someone makes a thread and I feel qualified to answer. Sometimes anons also namedrop interesting works I've never heard of, which is nice.
That's about it!

There are usually one or two good threads where I find new interesting books. Helps to have 50+ filters. Even though there are still lots of shitty threads, you can find the good ones relatively quickly.

Name ONE (1) other place where you can shitpost about literature and philosophy.

Because I'm a dumb neet dropout with no friends to talk about books with

kek

>freshman tier discussion

wrong

I come here because my uni friends maintain freshman tier discussion, it's like their development really slowed down 3-4 years ago

Because everyone I know either doesn't care about politics or is a standard NPR listener who regurgitates the opinions they hear on the radio. I want to regurgitate my opinions on social anarchism in a safe space.

For the mediocre entertainment obviously

to shitpost. obviously.

To desperately delay the continuing agony of marking my first-year students' essays, the only task more depressing than reading this board.