Whatever happened to Lard? I hardly never see it in any recipies or people using it

Whatever happened to Lard? I hardly never see it in any recipies or people using it.
Even lard has 20 percent less saturated fat than butter; it’s higher in monounsaturated fats which are said to lower LDL cholesterol; and it has none of the trans fat that shortening does.
Its also neutral flavored and high on vitamin D.
To name a few...

I buy lard, and use it all the time. Local deli sells it.

The connotation of the word lard with being a fatass

Butter tastes better?

Pretty much this.

I cook with it often. All my local supermarkets stock it.

Lard is unhealthy, just use margarine.
It's made out of plants.

Also, corn syrup is made from vegetables, I drink about a quart of it a day.

Read about saturated and non-saturated fats, fella, it may save your life.

Cucks hate animal products, cucks hate the connotation that it's old, cucks hate flavorful biscuits and deliciously crispy home fries.

>but oh muh bacon fat fried anything is GOAT

I want to kill myself every day

You must be healthy as fuck bro!

its in the hispanic food aisle.

lard is essential to wheat flour tortilla.

>I hardly never see it in any recipies
It's in most pastry recipes...

You can't really make a great apple pie without lard.

I think you should. This site wouldn't miss another cuck-poster

>Grandma's cake frosting recipe
>literally just lard, sugar, and vanilla extract

tastes good tee be ache

plants are generally bad for you

they're for the animals to eat, animals are built to tolerate the harshness

you're supposed to eat the animal, which has already accumulated those nutrients for you

prey animals make it a challenge to catch them in order to weed out the weaker predators and thus produce strong predators, and also stronger prey animals. Humans have guns and crossbows for this reason, the weaker ones have all* been weeded out.

Eating nuts, berries, and fruits helps fill the gap but by no means does it Replace the need for food.

> mfw if you're gonna consider paleo understand that caveman ate alot of Roast Beast

ignorance is bliss isnt it?

personally I hate most cake frosting, but Kroger makes this whipped cream frosting stuff thats amazing - not bitter or thick but yet full of flavor

Fuck off cuck

>Plants are generally bad for you
Biggest load of crap ever stated on this board in my years here
These is beyond sickness lets be honest calling it what it is diseased
Sorry cupcake you are in for a shock of immense proportions concerning your health and well-being should you ever learn anything about it thay is also if you live long enough to learn about such things like

Honey, look how dogs are poisoned by grapes and chocolate. If you honestly believe that plants are good for you since the animals we eat ate plants then you really need to rethink your life sweetie.

Is it better to fry eggs in butter, shortening, or lard? How did they do it in the 18th century?

I don't see it in brick form too often but most grocers seem to stock little tubs of it by the butcher section. It lost popularity back when people thought margarine was a health food and started using hydrogenated oils for frying.

>plants are generally bad for yo

we /pol/ now

Bacon grease. As with morning potatoes.

Basically the whole saturated/animal fat is bad for you scare killed lard and everyone switched to trans fats for cooking.

It never recovered.

come to bongland, still here

Most store-bought lard in Amerifat is hydrogenated.
TRANS FAT HELL

>P1: humans are animals
>P2: dogs cannot eat grapes and chocolate
>C: vegetables are bad for humans

Very good argument user.

Plants*