Imagine the contributions he could of brought to the mathematical world

Imagine the contributions he could of brought to the mathematical world.

A lot

Honestly, being in prison he probably has better access to recent mathematical work and knowledge than he ever did in that cabin.

If anything he has a better chance at contributing in prison than in that cabin.

What if he stayed at Harvard/Michigan?

>What if he stayed at Harvard/Michigan?
He wouldnt have, he is a bat shit crazy recluse.

Nurture can only have so much influence..

ADX Florence is designed and built for the express purpose of the minimization of thought, and mental punishment-it is actually designed to PUNISH, and only punish, without any view toward rehabilitation. It is a place where the State puts its refuse that for whatever reason it needs or cares to keep alive.

See this fragment where a recently(?) incarcerated Kaczynski claims not to remember the definition of the Euler-Mascherioni constant. This is a pretty well known number among math people, and it's about equal to 0.6 or so. It's the type of thing that he really should have remembered, or been able to figure out/recall given a pen and paper, but he couldn't get it for the purposes of writing this casual letter to a fan.

Some stem grads are killers; or rapists that never assault someone to death, but could. You're deluding yourself if you believe a piece of paper in any field is evidence of intelligence, rather than mindless regurgitation. He had/has nothing positive to offer society. Doctor up here believed the same thing of her hubby exactly the same as this guy. Because he had a degree. He beat her to death, stuffed her in suitcase and threw her in a ditch. This is arrogance, to a fatal degree. Weak people ignore rather than avoid danger.

You're an autistic retard that saves every document you can on Ted. You pollute every thread you can with him in it. Continue to jack off over these threads while real men do math. You selectively posted that letter out of context btw but ignored to post one of his more sophisticated letters from prison with real math. Your autistic self probably wonders how you missed that letter since you obsess over him.

Make no mistake about it. He is a prodigy and a math genius. You aren't, never will be and nitpicking won't make you any greater.

I don't know who he is, but he looks like some sort of sociopath.

He's a genius, read his manifesto

He wouldn't be crazy if he hadn't been part of that experiment.

What's his name?

Yeah people here glorifying a murderer is quite concerning

Mathematical genius that took part in a psychological experiment that fucked up his head for life, so he isolated himself from society and eventually became the terrorist known as The Unbabomber, bombing a lot of places throughout America for nearly 20 years until he was caught. Now he is in prison.

TL;DR he's Veeky Forums's version of Charles Manson.

Ted Kaczinsky

is Ted K becoming Veeky Forums's official mascot in front of my eyes

there's been some sustained Kaczynskiposting over the past month

their reasoning is completely different tho

Calm down. I was illustrating that the above user's idea that Ted could do math in peace, in prison, is misguided, since he's in a very-special supermax which is meant to break one's spirit.

>Read it
>Make a lot of spot on observation on society, sometime debatable one but overall pretty good
>Then suddenly full autismo we must return to nature great population decrease will happen

Nah he was batshit

most super smart people are. doesn't mean we agree with them, he has a mental illness

Boy, I sure hope so.
He was one of my favorite serial killers.

>He had/has nothing positive to offer society
t. never read his manifesto

Shitty metric for determining worth, by the way.

>he has a mental illness
Does he?

Radicalism doesn't entail mental illness because personal believes and mental illness are not associated, but he does seem to be not entirely okay from some other perspective. His diagnosis of paranoid schizophrenia is obviously bullshit, but he may or may not have traits of schizoid/antisocial PDs. Personally, I think he is simply a socially awkward lad who was radicalized after being tortured by government and is sane.

Personally I feel "mental illness" is misleading.

He's clearly off his rocker, but would he be if he hadn't been tortured by MK-ULTRA? Would he be any less crazy if he wasn't in 24/7 solitary confinement?

"Mental Illness" makes it seem as if he was born crazy, but even a cursory glance at his biography shows he was made crazy.

he doesn't have to calm down even if he was, and he wasn't riled up by the likes of you. you are consciously ignoring facts in order to push your viewpoint.

you kids these days are taught that it's important to have views, and hear other peoples views, but you are taught that it's not important to KNOW what you are talking about. You get exposed to someone's "alternative" viewpoint, hear some rhetoric, and run with it, without ever checking for yourself who's viewpoint is backed up the most by facts and logic.

Get out. Math is not your thing.

You are free to hide K threads at any time. Even I can admit that they're getting a bit much for the general userbase. Why not just hide the threads and save yourself the trouble?

What are the facts that I am consciously ignorning in order to push my own viewpoint, and what is that latter viewpoint? What do you think I'm doing?

Even among the bat-shit SJW set, I am not aware of any teachers of consequence who teach that it is not important for a person to know what they are talking about, short a nihilist. You seem to be speaking in non-sensical generalities so as to big up whatever confused point you are trying to make. What exactly are you saying, apart from "I don't like [you]?"

You* and the above post seem to want to dismiss me (whatever that means) simply because I compile and reproduce Kaczynski's mathematical writings as a personal amusement, on a board where it's allowed and on-topic. The point shared by both posts (you're probably both the same guy) is that other serious math is done elsewhere, which is obviously true, but this does not obviate the curiosity of Kaczynski's writings. People/robots make K threads, I post in them, they don't get deleted. Huh. If you want to discuss IUT and actually do real math, you are free to do so. Again, calm down.

*I don't think that "he" is another guy at all. I think that you are really the same poster as , back a bit later. Of course, this might not be the case, but either way both posts have failed to argue well, because they argue in a confused way.

Pic related is a hard-copy of the Alan Sutcliffe note I found today! Obviously, it exactly matches the online version, but it was still nice to find.