I'm thinking about reading Walden, would this be something Veeky Forums recommends?

I'm thinking about reading Walden, would this be something Veeky Forums recommends?

Just read it and decide for yourself. I would recommend it though.

Think I will, thanks.

read Wordsworth instead.

Any specific writings of his?

as a start, the lyrical ballads' preface.

tldr: Live innawoods if you want and can, I didnt have vidya or interwebs (or much of anything else) but when you dont have any of that nature can be your entertainment, this one time I watched this really cool moss grow one summer

romanticised, dry, pretentious. i've read halfway through it. put it down to read the brothers k instead.

Definitely, it's a quintessential pleb filter.

Certainly one of the worst books I have ever read. I would not.

"pleb filter" just translates to boring book user. "pleb filter" a phrase only used by people pedantic enough to pretend walden is an enjoyable read

I agree on pretentious, brings up some decent point and i admire his bravery for just saying fuck it. But also got pretty angry while reading it.

>read the brothers k instead
pseud

if you want to read about beans fields and detailed descriptions of different types of bushes sure, if the idea of living alone in the woods is what captures your interest i recommend Pan by Knut Hamsun instead

> I am so cool for living inna woods
> why cant everybody be like me and live without mostly anything
> everybody is so dumb except for me
> i am so free you wouldnt believe mate
> pls dont tell anyone my mom still washes my clothes (actually true)
> look how i can enjoy nature

this, don't waste the one book you're allowed to read with a title that starts with 'w' or by an author whose last name starts with 'w' on walden

(why not both)

I take it that you were filtered

Try it.
It's enjoyable in parts but nonetheless pretentious and hipsterish
"Blackstrap molasses" is since one of ma fav phrases

>dude hoes and beans lmoa

Chapter on solitude and the description of the pond were pretty good though

It's an essential piece of American literature and it's pretty entertaining too, so yes.

Wordsworth is great, but why not read both? One is nonfiction & the other is poetry. Why even compare them?

Not the user you replied to but I read it as a 15 year old and sincerely enjoyed it. I wouldn't even consider it to be inaccessible at all, really.

You seem to be a fan. How would you respond to criticism such as