So why THE FUCK should the electron care to know that we know what slit it came from... WHY THE FUCK does it say...

so why THE FUCK should the electron care to know that we know what slit it came from... WHY THE FUCK does it say, oh shit, they know! go back in MOTHERFUCKING TIME and tell its twin they know where I came from, be like a particle BITCH.

WHY. THE. FUCK. It doesn't make any sense in any rational world. Delayed choice quantum eraser... IT. DOESN'T. MAKE. SENSE.

EXPLAIN IT TO ME!!!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=H6HLjpj4Nt4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Electrons have deep feelings, bro. They care so much.

In the reference frame of light, the light always arrives at its destination instantaneously. There is no time "after it is emitted but before it is detected".

In the light's frame, there is also no distance between its origin and its destination, so both points in space are co-local.

With these facts in mind, there is no mystery about how the light seems to "know" what will happen to it at the time it is emitted.

In the light's frame, "what happens to it" occurs at the same time as its emission.

newfag here
>the reply forms have TEX
cool

>In the reference frame of light, the light always arrives at its destination instantaneously.
are you implying light moves infinitely fast? why should it be that it arrives at its destination instantaneously?

in any case, it's an electron, not a light photon, in this case

>In the reference frame of light

No such thing.

Everything exists as a set of probabilities until observed by consciousness, at which point the probability collapses on a single value.

Electrons are the most autistic particle. This is known scientific fact

excuse me, are you a physicist?
no?

ok, I am. So, guess what?

wrong.
any interaction with the environment causes the wave function to collapse. The hypothesis you suggest has already been falsified. Consciousness has no bearing whatsoever.

>no?

Actually yes, I am. There is no reference frame for light. The easiest way to see why is to use the principle of relativity.

environment can be conscious kiddo...

did you get your degree from the University of Sesame Street? I don't know why I would spend the time to teach you here when I have other important things to do. I'm an ACTUAL physicist, and you do not understand the quantum physics, so back to class with you. Shoo.

please. I am an actual physicist, and both of you are acting like idiots. Light neither has or does not have a frame of reference, it is stuck in a superposition of the two until it interacts with mah dik

>any interaction with the environment causes the wave function to collapse
No, if that were true you'd never get an interference pattern in the double slit experiment, because the wavefunction would collapse as it passes through the slit. Likewise for a beam splitter.

I was thinking of making a separate thread for this but let's see how this goes

thoughts on this video Veeky Forums? youtube.com/watch?v=H6HLjpj4Nt4

>He thinks light can be at rest.

Kek.

ok, not "any" interaction, specific interactions. passing through a slit is not one of them. Excuse my lack of specificity here.

this is exactly why quantum is so spooky, we are not allowed to peer into the photonic frame and yet it intersects with our world in spooky ways. Great to correspond with an "actual physicist" btw ;)

you are not thinking at the quantum level friend. there i go -- teaching! when I committed not to. bye now.

SR will still hold in any locally inertial frame, quantum or not. You've no idea what you're talking about. The speed of light (in vacuum) is a Lorentz scalar, so it's the same in all frames, if light has a reference frame then you've found a frame in which light is no longer traveling at c.

>if light has a reference frame then you've found a frame in which light is no longer traveling at c.
there is hope for you yet, well thought out.

Light travels as a particle and a wave, faggotron.

breh you know when Dirac said that shit about anti-particles travelling back in time
bruh what if-
bruh
what if like...
positrons are the particles and electrons are the antiparticles
son
electrons go back in time
o fug

im a real physician btw

time doesn't exist for light, so the delay is a misnomer, it is only a delay for the observer.

welcome to quantum mechanics

CORRECT
glad to see there is not just pretend physicists here with degrees from University of Mickey Mouse.

o shiet

lmao faggot, post your fucking degree with a timestamp if you want to wave 'i-im a physicist that means im right'

>glad to see there is not just pretend physicists here
Are you Russian, by any chance?

you are quantum mad :^)

Could you alter a quantum eraser setup so that a particle hitting the film on a place likely to be part of a slit pattern causes its entangled twin to be let into the eraser instead of the detectors? The intention is to give the particle a chance of creating a paradox.

extra dimensions of time that our limited brains don't perceive

>Delayed choice quantum eraser
Sounds like an awesome synthwave track

they interact with the electrons of our sensing organs.

quantum triggered

Do quantum particles have the potential to violate causality? As in, do they have any chance to directly or indirectly affect their own past state? Because if they DO have this potential but DON'T ever do it in practice, it means they're producing null probabilities, which can be utilized to make a device that quickly solves NP hard problems.