Study computer science 5 years

>Study computer science 5 years
>Take some Machine Learning courses
>Get headhunted as Data Scientist
>50k Euro starting

Why haven't you joined the Comp. Sci. master race yet Veeky Forums?

What about computer engineering

its to hard

Have fun programming a generic Java/.NET application.

self-respect.

Let me guess, Physics? Math?

The only good options you have is to get a research grant or to get a job still working with computer science.

I will join this year if I enter college lol

still better than studying CS OR being a shitty data scientist desu. I'd rather kill myself. not the other user

.NET programming is comfy

Have fun being seen by "other" engineers as inferior.

C.E. major here. Where's a good place to get started on machine learning? I've just finished enough of my mathy prerequisites to jump in. I'm cracking on a couple C++ tutorials now. I know a little python.

I have a 2 year associates degree and i make nearly double what you do. Comp Veeky Forums master race my ass.

>caring this much about what fags/engineers) think of you

>So, user, what do you do?
A)
>Oh, I work over at the space center
>That's so cool, I was always interested in sci fi stuff. What have you guys been working on lately?
>Well, personally, I'm new on my team. Worked for a couple of years in Berlin and Madrid, then came back home to join this team that's exploring the challenges of sending drones to Venus by 2030.
>Sounds so amazing, have my babies

B)
>I uhh am a data "scientist"
>Oh, um, sounds interesting. Nice weather btw

Do you live in Europe ? No ? Then you dont make nearly double.

>50k euro starting
That's like 4 000 American pesos, right?

Nice try eurocuck. 1 euro = 1.06 USD. I made $98k last year, so after the conversion thats 42k euro more than your 50k. So yeah, nearly double.

>being this retarded
CoL

>being this poor
Must suck to be you. My cost of living is really low too. Forgot to mention i made that on a 36 hour work week. Enjoy peasantry for me.

My nigga are you trying to seriously imply European CoL is below anything other than the Bay Area in the US?

>engineering
lmao

because EE

Autist here, what is CoL?

Cost of Living

Yes, also add things like 4 weeks vacation and a working health care system

>pajeets can into verilog/cadence nowadays at 1/10th the salary
>can't follow EE's into analog/mixed-signal stuff
>only other option is to go into embedded programming

At that point you could just go into CS on a systems/architecture track and hop onto the SV bubble while it lasts.

My personal preference is in the field of chemistry, and I'd rather not force myself into a career path I don't enjoy just for the sake of money

I work 3 days a week, 12 hour days with 2 weeks of vacation, healthcare in the USA is the best on the planet if you have decent insurance, which is provided by my employer. All in all I would say im getting a much better deal than your pitiful 50k/yr with 4 weeks vacation comp Veeky Forums job, with the added bonus of not living in that shitheap you call a country.

There's a lot of research and improvement to be done in chemistry too senpai

>So, user, what do you do?
A)
>Well, personally, I'm new on my team. Worked a couple miles of cocks already

B)
>I'm a data scientist. My groundbreaking research proved once and for all that engineers are faggots.
>As if there was any doubt *giggles*

oh wow would you look at that

>not double majoring in EE/Physics and getting a scholarship for a masters in CS at MIT with a stipend of 50k/year and then a phd in mathematics paid by a employer.

w-what ?

i wanted to get into a professorship at my state uni but there are no stipends for anything other than medicine here, and even then it's 20k/year. pure shit. so i decided i was gonna do co-op and in my 2nd i applied for a gubmint position that paid well with benefits. i asked if i work towards a higher ranked position by going for a masters and they said sure they'd even pay for it. after being hired i immediately did that and then my phd. both got paid while i got the scholarship/stipend so i have a ton of cash.