Currently getting a degree in aerospace engineering. Have I fallen for a meme degree?

Currently getting a degree in aerospace engineering. Have I fallen for a meme degree?

cuck

Damn, it's worse than I thought.

>Have I fallen for a meme degree?
yeah. you should have just done ME and taken some aerodynamics electives.

aerospace is like every other niche engineering field. limited number of companies, sensitive to market fluctuations, highly competitive, etc.

if its something that really interests you, you are going to need a masters anyways so its not even worth it to potentially hamstring yourself until you get past undergrad. you better have a really good fuckin' reason to be doing anything other than ChemE, EE, ME, or CivE for your bachelors.

Mechanical engineering has interested me before. I had thought about dual majoring in aerospace and mechanical.

>dual majoring
>in two engineering disciplines

thats another meme. if you are going to dual major, you do it in something like CS/business/foreign language. if you want to get an aerospace degree. do it for your masters.

Indeed user.

t. butthurt failed aerospace engineering students

Could I move to industries that are t construction related with a structural engineering degree

If you're getting a bachelors in that yes. If you're getting a PhD no.

>Not getting into optical and magnetic engineering

Aerospace freshman here. Should I transfer into ME? I really like aerospace though...

From personal experience the Professors will be more demanding in Aerospace while the curriculum is almost the same and you will be taking classes with Mechanical students.

user, as long as it makes you happy, who are we to tell you otherwise ?

I think so. Thing is if you do a more general degree like others have suggested you can still go into aerospace, and you would still have plenty of other things to fall back on. You have to be really dedicated and do a lot of networking to ensure you get a job in aerospace.

So, hypothetically, if I was a hypothetical mech E (mechatronics) seeking to get into aersopace, it would hypothetically be hypothetically possible? I hypothetically like rockets very much. Hypothetically, of course.

Why would a MechE brainlet even try to get into aerospace, faggot? You are all brainlets.

Not him but I wanna get in aerospace and contribute to space travel- I chose mechE btw. Why so much hate?

dude, read an aerodynamics book, a gas dynamics book, and maaaybe some cfd and you will pretty much have learned the same stuff an aero learns. the amount of overlap between aero and mech is so great that the differences can be made up in electives.

Thanks.

I am in one (not a good program tho)

Make sure you LOVE everything related to fluid mechanics (aerodynamics), aircraft structures (mechanics, vibrations, aeroelasticity) and materials.

Please make sure you love em, else you will hate it like I do.

/thread

This.

Feels bad man.

Should of done EE or ME.

I'm doing MicE (microbial engineering). We're so cool that our abbreviation spells a word.

Also can I make any useful professional gains as a fresher? Intern etc