Tofu Thread

Look. I like tofu. I'm sure I'm not the only one who likes it.

So let's talk about it. Favorite way to have it? Best type? Personal recipes?

>Look

No.

Sage.

ma pao is the only way to go

good taste

I'll be lurking in this thread. I would like to start eating tofu.

firm, sliced thin, with a spice mixture/salt/onion powder, fried in coconut oil for like 6 min on each side.

or simply tossed in your regular stir fry

mapo tofu is pretty good and soft tofu with coriander, sesame oil, soy sauce and century eggs is amazing. all the rest is pretty meh. oh also, soft fermented tofu you can buy in jars is pretty good as a side to plain or fried rice

I've tried to cook with it before with some bok choy in a skillet because I'm a poor weeb fag. The tofu basically fucked up everything else in the dish. It didn't get any firmer from the cooking so it looked bad, on top of the excess water from the tofu spilling out into the sauce and ruining that too.

How am I actually supposed to cook this stuff so I can avoid my last few attempts?

>I'm a poor weeb fag

自分を殺せ。

You're supposed to pat the tofu before eating it so it's not wet you stupid nigger

>chill
>remove excess moisture
>drizzle with high quality shoyu
>top with chopped scallions and/or furikake
>eat with a dessert spoon

Wa la.

this only if u buy silky

nobody eat firm like this

しない、アッノンくん。
I tried that with the second attempt, but it didn't really change to much. any other suggestions though? If I want it firmer, is it too ridiculous to bake it first before adding it to the stir-fry type thing?

>nobody eat firm like this
i do this except i flavor it with just soy sauce, oil, and tears.

sounds like you're just dumping everything into the pan all at once which is a one-way ticket to a soggy stirfry, especially if you're stuck with an electric range (which it sounds like you are)

next time try this
>cube tofu and cook over medium high to high heat just enough to get a golden colour to it
>remove from pan
>stir fry vegetables until barely tender
>add tofu back in and stir to combine
>make a hole in the middle of your shit and add sauce into hole
>wait til bubbles
>stir to combine and remove from heat once everything is coated

voi-fucking-la

hmm i like tofu here and there

i also like it far and near

i like tofu in a spout

i also like it in my mouth

i like tofu in a stew

i can see tofu in my poo

ironically tofu taste best with meat

Sad but true.

MaPoToFu is great stuff when it's done right.

>I would like to start eating tofu.
Why? It's just flavorless bean jelly.

>shallow fry
>angry grandmother sauce
>green onion
Done

I make a bastardized mapo tofu. I take extra firm tofu and dry it out until it feels like cat tongue. I fry it on all sides until crispy and set aside. Then I lightly stir fry some onions and cabbage and set aside. Then I take a couple different fermented bean/chili pastes and heat them in a pan with garlic and ginger and oil. I splash with rice wine vinegar and soy sauce to de glaze pan. Then I add in the veggies and tofu and stir it lightly just for a min or so and add in a bit of cornstarch mixed with cold water. I pour into a bowl and top with chopped green onions, szechuan peppercorns, and chili/sesame oil.