Visit Reddit /r/books

>Visit Reddit /r/books.
>Open "What are you reading?" thread.
>Ctrl-F "Stephen King".
>19 results.

IS THIS ALL THEY FUCKING READ?

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/books/comments/5bl7vf/what_books_are_you_reading_this_week_november_07/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

No, there will be at least one guy writing an essay about how the Count of Monte Cristo literally changed his life and how it was the only book that could distract him from his 17th Skyrim playthrough

go to r/literature

But it was powerless against his 18th

Morrowind is better anyway

Just finished some Stephen King.

I probably belong on /r/books but I'm here to stay.

A lot of his work is trash desu.

I dont care how good somebody is at a few things. There are plenry of people equally good that arent shit at making plot, and they exist in the same world as youm

I started reading him when I was very young and I got to secondary school. For some reason my school library had pretty much every book of his, and it was the first stuff I ever read that wasn't YA. Fucking devoured so many of them. So he is stuck in my mind and I'll probably keep reading his books now and then for the rest of my life.

The book I finished was The Stand, supposedly his best, but I actually hated it. Even his fans admit he comes out with complete shit now and then, and if I hadn't known how respected it was I would have assumed it was considered one of them. Not enjoyable at all and left me kinda pissed off.

So fucking long yet manages to have such a shit ending

Exactly! Worst deus ex machina possible. Literally the hand of god.

The worst part was I liked Trashcan Man as a character. I thought something more interesting would happen with him at the end.

What's wrong with The Count of Monte Cristo?

Books that have profoundly changed redditors lives:

1. 1984

2. To Kill A Mockingbird

3. The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

4. The Road

5. Catch 22

this

HAHAHAHAHA

>tfw 1984 will forever be my favorite book no matter how much Veeky Forums bullies me

It was a nice soft introduction to what would develop into a fervent hunger for poly phil

Its that it is considered prestigious literature by plebs who take great pride in having read it. Dumas wrote great plots and told great stories, but it is mistaken to see his books as anything but pleasures. Redditors enjoy it, and see that it is old, and therefore see themselves as geniuses who enjoy great prose from 2 centuries ago.

Theres nothing wrong with it, its just the go to book for Redditors who want to feel literary even when everything else theyve read was sci fi and YA

>making plot
plotfags please go

>tfw 1984 will forever be my favorite book no matter how much Veeky Forums bullies me
>poly phil

go to /r/badliterature

>ignoring the part about it being a "soft introduction"

fuck you nice quads

The whole post gave me brain damage I am sorry.

Referring to political philosophy as poly phil really stumped me.

lit only gets 2 posts a minute, and half of them are pseuds like

How is Orwell not a tangential introduction to political philosophy for young people?

>Visit Reddit /r/books.
>Open "What are you reading?" thread.
>Ctrl-F "my diary desu".
>0 results.

Do they even try?

Try not to make eye contact with the hat meme man dear.

>going on Reddit instead of reading my diary
Pleb

>posting on Veeky Forums instead of reading my diary desu
pseud

You can't be older than 18

>not fucking your older sister
faggot

>go to Veeky Forums
>anime shit

>having a sister
nigger

>I support sororicide

>I believe white people breed excessingly, just like niggers

t. only child cuck

t. disgusting nigger with a herd mentality

reddit.com/r/books/comments/5bl7vf/what_books_are_you_reading_this_week_november_07/
>12 results
almost you memer

I am Asian. My name is Henry and I currently attend Princeton University. My older sister's alma mater is Harvard University.

Ching chong ping pong bang gong

lit is the deadliest of the chans

Holy fuck, its bad. So, so bad.

HAH its real!

I'd rather take contrarianism/cynicism with bleak humor vs stupefying unbridled optimism any day.

I did that but its barely active. :( honestly it would have been a good medium between the norm-yness of reddit and the pure autism of 4 chan.

>im a nihlistic cynic with a wicked sense of humour
Reddit is that way friendo

Is this fucking real?

ITT:

>haha guise these faggots enjoy things lol and they discuss their emotions...fucking disgusting

Autism so concentrated I can never look at OJ the same again

go blog about your anger in a reddit selfpost

Marry me?

>he gathers the post is angry from a post exuding disgust next to an image exuding disgust

Autism: The board

The problem is not that they enjoy things, it's that what they enjoy is utter shit. I've read Looking for Alaska and it's a complete insult to the reader's intelligence. I'm all in for people enjoying genre fiction, but you still gotta have at least some taste.

>he hasn't realized that you could have all of politics be the exact same without political philosophy.

We are all literally egoist cynics with an ironic sense of humor.

>that whole fucking thread
Jesus, you people are piece of shit pseuds but at least you TRY.

>he doesn't realize that this doesn't relate to the OP's point at all

shadilay

Does he has any good book?
There is a dude at my local store that it's actually pretty cool but it has a somewhat shit taste and sometimes he recs me some King books so I want to read one.

Rofl

ded

Depends on how pleb you are.

serious, you need be pleb to enjoy his books. he's not good writer. Characters are bland and sloppy prose. Plots ending shit. But plebs like spooky, and he may deliver.

this was funny

I like wacky meta shit.
I don't give a fuck about the spoops.

>John Green
Its kind of sad this stupid cuck will most likely go down as a great writer.
>be me 2216
>read classical author list
>mfw John Green

>tfw read The Road of my own volition before reddit even existed
>loved it
>now its a meme

>the upvotes
this is what bothers me; not that that comment exists. but that a thousand people saw it, upvoted it, and now people see that comment and attach a sense of worthiness/meaning to it

fuck that entire site and the entire internet's adoption of likes/upboats

>pure autism of Veeky Forums
you mean of literature

I liked pet semetary buttttt i read it when i was 13ish so it's probably shit and i just thought it was spooky.

King's books are relatively entertaining. Meanwhile here on Veeky Forums as usual you all just shill the most boring incomprehensible garbage books in order to pretend you are sophisticated and intelligent.

the non-ghostwritten ones, at least

threads like these reassure me

Veeky Forums is the only non-reddit remaining board on this site

I just finished this.

lel@Al Marsh being a bad guy because he was worried about Bev' hanging around with boys.
And then she FUCKS ALL OF THEM SO ONE OF THEM CAN RELAX AND SHOW THEM THE WAY OUT! EVEN THE BLACK GUY!

Needs some John Green and maybe even Harry Potter because "hurr durr it started my reading life11"

I thought IT was poor, and clearly Stephen King was going for shock value.

I've read arguments saying that it was necessary for Bev to make them all remember, but then they all cut themselves immediately afterwards so there's no point.

It's unnerving how Bed rates them, and is just trying to orgasm.

The chances of Bev and Bill having sex is minute.

The turtle god drowning in its own vomit pages after its introduction is a wasted opportunity.

It's obvious Stephen king is the 'outsider influence' that IT senses.

It was too long.

>tfw my friend ONLY reads King and nothing else.

>The turtle god drowning in its own vomit pages after its introduction is a wasted opportunity.

The turtle is King's avatar, right? Like IT and the Deadlights. King is a big time alcoholic, isn't he? Must be a private joke that the turtle dies like a drunk and Bill gets writer's block.

Nothing. It's just super popular with the redditeur crowd

>go to reddit
>home page of r/books
>thread "IVE READ MORE BOOKS IN THE LAST 6 MONTHS THAN IN THE LAST 10 YEARS!"
>open thread
>so ive been listening to audiobooks on my daily commute...
wew

If he is playing Skyrim for the 17th time. I don't blame him for Monte changing is life.

Spot on mate.

kej

>I'm such a fucking patrician, I'm gonna show these Veeky Forums plebs their favorite childhood books are shit in a nice condescending list.

Name me one genre fiction book that isn't shit.

Ubik

For some reason it's their go-to book for being an Intellectual.

m8 that's an accurate list of Reddit's favourite books. If they're your favourite childhood books it's because that's the highest level Reddit as a whole normally reaches.

There are exceptions within the community, which sicken me, because they always retain the same Reddit trappings. It reminds me that I'm not special for reading good books.

Literally nothing wrong with audiobooks. Do you think the Iliad is lesser because it was originally recited? Do you think it's lesser because it is nowadays read?

...Blood Meridian, if you consider it a western? I mean, you can go out of your way and say "It's only genre fiction if it relies on tropes!", but then you're just jacking yourelf off, since a book can't rely on tropes and be good.

How people on a board that collectively jizzed their own pants over Infinite Meme for a year can even find the sheer arrogance to laugh about another board/community's sheep mentality is really beyond me.

You're a tribe of diarrhea drinkers making fun of another tribe because they eat shit.

drinking is obviously superior to eating shitlord

>If it isn't difficult it isn't good
Go read IJ and tell me that. In fact go read most of the canon and tell me there isn't a solid plot.

If you write an epic poem meant to be recited I'll listen to it. If you write a book meant to be read then I will read it. Literature generally requires readers to slow down or even reread at points.

Also personally I zone out if I am just listening to an audio book, but that is irrelevant.

obvious bait, there is no way this is sincere

You can rewind.

>Instead of celebrating supreme impotence and mediocrity in literature, The New Yorker has turned their entire gaze to politics for what I suspect will only last a day, but if there is a god, would last for a lifetime so that we won't have to suffer them in literature anymore.

fucking kek. Also, any /r/bad is great.

eyoooooo thx for pointing this one out, looks like a good substitute once Veeky Forums gets the axe, since I mainly use these places to fuel my smug (yet unjustified) sense of superiority