For those trying to lose or maintain a weight, what are your favorite low calorie snacks?

for those trying to lose or maintain a weight, what are your favorite low calorie snacks?
how creative do you get when thinking up things to eat without going full retard and overdoing it?
do you just eat the same snacks over and over or do you have a lot of variety?
is it healthier in the long run to go for the savory category over the sweet?

Popcorn!

>trying to lose weight
>snacking

i think snacking is fine for people who are extremely overweight or obese as long as it meets the nutritional requirements and stays under the limits of what someone wants less of in their diet

arent*

pickled cornichons

Rice rollers
TJ's Simply Almonds, cashews,& crasians
Pickles(real ones not mass produced with HFCS)
TJ's Lite Kettle Popcorn
Clementines
Grapes
Hardboiled eggs

I lost 25 pounds eating only the following for a month(I'm serious)

Hot Sauce Soup:
>4 cups H2O
>small can of tomato paste
>chicken bouillon
>1/2 cup of hot sauce(vinegary/fermented)
>1/2 cabbage head chopped loosely
>1 yellow onion, chopped and seared
>paprika, turmeric, curry powder, allspice
>boil, then simmer for 10 minutes and add msg to taste

Hot Dog Fajitas:
Cut hot dogs in half in both directions (quarter) and sear them on stove top with red and green bell peppers and onions. Gross part is I use super fake butter that's basically just vegetable oil and wood pulp I think, also I use lavash instead of tortillas

Garbanzo:
>cook chickpeas in crisco and tomato paste
>scoop onto burnt toast and sprinkle curry powder and salt on top

Tortilla de Mayo:
>Heat tortillas
>Add packets of mayo and mustard or hot sauce swiped from commissary

Vegan Dog Shit:
>2 rotten bananas, mashed
>2 cups of oats, baked on stove top to dry and crisp up
>scoop of vanilla protein powder
>1/4 cup of corn flour
>honey and cinnamon, a little salt
>Add boiling water a little at a time until it's all a thick paste
>Heat on low until even thicker
>press into small cookie shapes
>bake in oven at 350 for like 15-20 minutes, flip and 15-20 more minutes

Veeky Forums here
You have two choices
1. Ice and Sriracha sauce in a bowl
Or
2. Dinitrophenol and eat whatever you want just stay in a cool place a d remain hydrated.

Fresh vegetables are the way to go. Avoid calorie-dense dressings.

Is the idea that the food is so gross you won't want to eat much?

>that graphic
>chocolate
>peanut butter
>almonds
>drinking calories
This was obviously made by 5 year old housewife with no idea how to cut calories. Just eat whole foods high in protein and fiber, it'll fill you up.

you dont get fit snacking

"not eating"

you should just eat a bunch of dicks OP, they are always in season and are high in protein

Pickled Okra, 2 pieces is 5 calories,
Sugar free jello, 1 plastic cup is 10 calories.

Celery with Tuna,

that sushi actually looks pretty good

Mezzetta has jars of pickled vegetables which work fine for me. My sodium level is through the roof, but half a jar of those is only 20 calories. I like the Mexi-Mix and the California Hot Mix.

Precisely

What's the spread? Hummus?

been trying to eat better for the last 3 weeks or so. 2 packs of oatmeal every morning. for lunch, I grill, usually marinated chicken/pork/tilapia, 2 veggies (brussels/zucchini/pepper/onion/asparagus), and some beans.
for dinner, my gf and I do one of those blue-apron knock-offs. not necessarily the healthiest but I'm 6'5" 260 currently so the portions are small for me. down ~14 lbs so far, would love to be 230.

>2 packs of oatmeal every morning
>packs
Just buy a fucking container full of oats you schmuck, the little instant packages are fucking loaded with sugar.

i like this

Some are, many are not. The ones I buy are nothing but oatmeal. No flavoring, no sugar, no nothing.

yep

>3/4 cup apple
>2 tbsp peanut butter
>100 kcal or less

what the fuck? peanut butter alone is 180. m I missing something?

Nice.

Yeah. That it's bullshit. Obsessing about snack charts isn't what people who lose weight and keep it off do.

true enough

best snack is a large glass of water

Am I the only person who was taught not to snack between meals? There're too many problems in the US that could at least be mitigated if not solved if people applied shit they should have learned in kindergarden.

Been dieting since January and losing weight at the rate of 4lbs/month or 2kg/month.

Don't obsess over what you can or cannot eat, just watch the portions and count the calories. You will lose weight as long as you maintain a deficit. Exercise helps too.

Download myfitnesspal and update religiously, its easy to lose weight when you have the discipline to follow through and plan your meals ahead a little. The first couple weeks are the hardest when your stomach is adjusting to having less food filling it and you will feel unsatisfied unless you eat more.

i keep fruit in the fridge which i have for lunch or snack on throughout the day instead of having a meal
low effort and a good habit to maintain in the long term

This. Snacking is how people get fat.
Stick to 3 meals a day OP you fat fuck.
>toast for breakfast
>light lunch
>meat & 3veg for dinner
it's not fucking hard.

It doesn't matter. Eat one meal a day or eat twelve. Three meals a day and breakfast is the most important meal are both myths.

Peppers
Cucumber salad
Greek yogurt
Cottage cheese
Spinach + other high protein greens as salad
Salsa
Bread and butter chips/pickles
Clams
Oysters
Roasted red bell peppers
Steamed + salted edamame
Kimchi
Roasted eggplant
Mushrooms

I don't snack, that's a pretty bad habit and after losing weight there's a risk that you will keep snacking, just not on the low calorie food.

That's nice. Whatever works.

I lost 30 lbs in 3 months eating whatever the hell I wanted (though I kept it mostly healthy) as long as I counted the calories and kept them under whatever my limit was at the time, which I calculated using a free online calorie calculator.

+ light exercise every day

I prefer my way because it was healthier and gave my skin a chance to keep up with the weight loss so it didn't end up all saggy and gross, also it helped me build up my willpower, and gave me a chance to learn healthier cooking.

Every time I snack I regret it. Empty calories just make me feel ravenous at the end of the night and I end up getting out of bed and shoving slices of turkey meat in my mouth in front of the refrigerator.

Drink water when hungry. Count how much you chew. Make it a point to chew three times on the left, then three on the right, and alternate. Don't think about how it tastes. Water water water. Think about anything but food.
>go without dinner, wake up thinner

Same for me but with green olives. I'm probably headed for an early grave because of the sodium but goddamn those things are my kryptonite

Depends entirely on your portion control. You're not going to get fat by having an apple a couple hours after lunch.

>5 year old housewife
Take it easy, Muhammad; most of those foods are halal.