Is calculus the hardest math to LEARN?

After that step it gets easier right? Many physicist told me that.

Also, does anyone have that chart with deep sea meme and the deeper you go, the more complex the math is?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Mathematical-Methods-Physics-Engineering-Comprehensive/dp/0521679710
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

As far as math goes calculus is the easiest. If your foundation in algebra and trig is strong then calculus is a piece of cake. Every math after engineering math gets harder and more abstract

people who struggle with calculus are actually struggling with algebra.

calculus is literally one new concept wrapped up in fancy algebra and trig.

Of course the mathematics that comes after calculus are harder, but I feel like calculus is the biggest step you will take in academia. Therefore, it is the hardest to learn.

>Trump fag
>missed the whole point

Calculus is just simple rules applied to trig and algebra. Hence its easy if you know those too well.

What if you are good at abstract reasoning but bad at arithmetic? I did well in calculus but some of those integrals were a real pain in the ass, I haven't really met anything quite like that in Algebra or Analysis.

>math is rules
spotted the brainlet

>hating on "trump fags"

I'm not a trump fag

He probably meant calculus, as it's taught in a college course.

Are you butt mad he called you out?

I'll share my limited mathematical experience.

Calculus is tedious, but pretty easy to understand. Differential equations (ode) felt similar to me. Elementary linear algebra is a bit less tedious but more conceptual and difficult to understand. Introductory probability is not tedious at all but was brutal for me to really become comfortable with, and I'm still not confident in my ability to use it in applications.

If you study and practice, you can pass any math class imo.

>drumpkins

found the arts major

Just remember once you get past the material in these types of books the math has very little application in the physical world.

amazon.com/Mathematical-Methods-Physics-Engineering-Comprehensive/dp/0521679710

Calc 3 was the hardest applied math course I took. Analysis and other proof classes were harder.

algebra and trigonometry is way, way harder than stupid calculus. calculus is a cake walk.

nothing is hard if you study and work hard

If you think Calculus is hard, you're going to have a bad time...

Algebra + limits = calculus

this really but even that is delving too into analysis for your basic calculus class. more like do these arithmetic operations to the powers of these polynomial equations then figure out where their slopes hit zero

If you're doing math or physics I have very bad news for you...

No, biology but i'm taking calc 1, 2, 3 and algebra

Thanks, most serious answer itt

>what subject is harder than other subjects?

How to spot a brainlet 101

for me learning linear algebra is much more difficult than calculus, but you might never need to go that far

3rd year in maths major here. I thought calculus was hard in my first year, but it was nothing compared to second year inter-universal teichmüller theory, where all the brainlets started to give up.

>biology but i'm taking calc 1, 2, 3 and algebra

Biomedical engineering major?

HAHAHA

If you have trouble with calculus you really should consider dropping out. Everything else is by far harder.

I am being serious here. In my country calculus is knowledge that everyone needs to have before even starting university, because it is a mandatory part of "highschool".

You can pass calculus just by memorizing some formulas and doing some practice problems. In a real math course that doesnt work.

Here you go

No, I'm doing this
>In my country calculus is knowledge that everyone needs to have before even starting university, because it is a mandatory part of "highschool".

So fuck you user #1 I don't think it's hard, I just have to do it because of country education

Thanks!

>I don't think it's hard
It really isnt. Thats why it is though early in a lot of countries.

Everything after it is a lot harder. The calculus at my school was a joke compared to my Linear algebra class in university.