So i made it through HS with a 2.7 gpa. Its only now i care about my education, i want to work for NASA eventually...

So i made it through HS with a 2.7 gpa. Its only now i care about my education, i want to work for NASA eventually. What are my chances of making it? Be real with me sci.

Become trans so you get them lgbt points with NASA and then just tell them your low GPA is from being violently bullied and raped by us cisgenders. Ezpz

who knows. just work hard and you might end up somewhere, maybe somewhere private - spacex etc. the traditional government operated space agencies are going to slowly die out and be vastly overtaken by private groups.

Community college first and get a high gpa there. Then transfer to a university if you have the money.

this is the easiest way.

This ^

High School doesn't matter at all user.

Start at community college and work your ass off.

Probly 0%

This
2 Years at Community College is your second chance
You can transfer over into a better school, and whether or not you get on will barely if at all rely on high school

fuck drumpf, fuck white people

fpbp

>HS
who cares. Nobody, that's who.

Focus on getting into a university. Study hard and you can transfer to a better one.

I did this. Decided after graduating high school to go to comm college. Decided i wanted to be an engineer. Took math and physics shit and got my associates with a 4.0. Now I'm at a university and dont have to take any gen eds. I am purely taking classes in my major and it's great. If I could do it over again i prolly wouldnt change a thing.

There's no reason you can't get a STEM degree, but keep in mind NASA is looking for the "wow" candidates coming from MIT/Stanford/cal tech with doctorate degrees. They get a lot of applications, so they can afford to be picky. Given this, I think it's unlikely you'll ever work at NASA (mit doesn't really accept cc transfers. Kek), but you could still work in the private industry on government contracts.

If your only reason for going into STEM is "I wanna work for NASA," you're gonna have a tough time pushing through school (when your gpa is slowly but surely dropping and you realize NASA is never gonna happen) b

As an aside, I have a friend who got her phd in astrophysics... ended up being hired by NASA ... to do budgets and underserved (read: underachiever) student outreach.

What if I'm the same situation as OP, but finishing my bachelor and not high school?

Is there ANY way I could get into a decent masters program or MBA or anything at an Ivy League?

I'm sure NASA has janitors.

Somebody with great references and grades from a shitty state school, who interned at NASA for a summer or two during undergrad and has a letter of rec from their supervisor is like 100000 times more likely to get a spot at NASA than someone from caltech with a degree and zero experience

tl;dr fuck off to adv/sqt

HS GPA only dictates how hard university will be. Just get a good GPA in college and get am internship/co-op and you're set