In 2015, the International Agency for Research on Cancer of the World Health Organization classified processed meat...

>In 2015, the International Agency for Research on Cancer of the World Health Organization classified processed meat, that is, meat that has undergone salting, curing, fermenting, and smoking, as "carcinogenic to humans"

What the fuck am i supposed to eat? I cant always order bespoke homemade artisanal free range beef in a jar

Other urls found in this thread:

iarc.fr/en/media-centre/pr/2015/pdfs/pr240_E.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Anyone here familiar with the youtube "FuriousPete" ? He got cancer again. He totally denies that it's from his eating challenges/lifestyle but give me a fucking break. Ingesting that must processed meat shit can't be good for you, even if you work out.

Thoughts?

it's fine to eat it for taste
the findings are mostly just relevant to ignorant ham planets who don't know how to get plant protein and think it's going to turn them into pretty sexy traps

obviously no one needs to or should eat the amount of slim jims and steak-ums these people eat, but they do it anyway because lmao im a carnivore rawwwr

My suggestion is eat more eggs, fish, lean chicken, lamb, venison, etc. You don't need to be eating processed cold cuts, hot dogs, and shit like that.

I eat those as much as i eat red meat so its p balanced but at the end of the day i might head to mcdonalds for a burger, love beef jerky or sometimes im jist gonna buy deli sandwich

Consume less meat and eat food that helps prevent/fight cancer.

kek is that JK simmons OP?

>What the fuck am i supposed to eat?

If you read the research the risk comes from the preservatives used in cured meats, mainly the nitrates and nitrites. And even then, only in large amounts. So this problem is easily addressed:

-don't eat cured meats every day.
-meats that aren't cured (i.e., raw, or frozen) are fine.
-some old-school cured meats don't use nitrates at all. And others use very little. There's a massive difference between garbage like slim jims vs. a genuine "country ham".

enjoy things in moderation OP
ezlife

Cut that shit out from your diet. I did but will still eat it once in a great while just to treat myself. Same with red meat.

Unless the article you read is a sensationalist spin, you should have also seen that they put the risk at a .2% increase from the normal rate.

No, literally and absolutely wrong.

One serving of mrat per day adds 40% to the chance of cancer, and one setving of cured meat of any kind per day adds over 80 (eighty!!!!!) percent to the risk of cancer.
Read at least one scientific study in your life you mundane retard.

So the chance goes from .001 % to .0018%? Who cares?

looks like Whiplash

>some old-school cured meats don't use nitrates at all

I'm pretty sure they all do. But it's the difference between naturally produced ones, like you get in celery, and Pink Curing Salt.

No you moron it doesnt multiply it id ADDS it!

You go from less than 1% to literally 80%!
Read a study not being funded by major meat corporations for the objective truth, but those are really hard to find because they are actively suppressed.

Except your numbers don't fit with known data at all. Also, what is that percent chance? Per year? Over a lifetime? In a certain age range?

>the International Agency for Research on Cancer of the World Health Organization classified processed meat, that is, meat that has undergone salting, curing, fermenting, and smoking, as "carcinogenic to humans"
No it doesn't.

From the press release: “For an individual, the risk of developing colorectal cancer because of their consumption of processed meat remains small, but this risk increases with the amount of meat consumed,”

The experts concluded that each 50 gram portion of processed meat eaten daily increases the risk of colorectal cancer by 18%.
iarc.fr/en/media-centre/pr/2015/pdfs/pr240_E.pdf

Meant as a response to this post specifically

and I highlighted the wrong line.

It's not just free radicals and nitrates, there is a genetic disposition towards certain types of cancer as well.

That guy might just be bad stock.

i highly doubt its from eating challenges, but we'll never know.

Just go vegan my dude.