How can you even theoretically have more than 3 spatial dimensions?

It's like talking about a triangle with 4 sides or a circle with no centre. Totally nonsensical and absurd. There is only three ways you can go, up, down and side to side. THERE IS NO OTHER WAY.

>It's like talking about a triangle with 4 sides or a circle with no centre
it's nothing like that you're a dumb brainlet

>THERE IS NO OTHER WAY
No, in 3D there isnt. Just as there are only 2 orthogonal directions in 2D, and 1 in 1D.

Just because it's too complex for your brainlet mind to comprehend, does not mean Its not a thing or not possible.

I already put it in another thread but fuck it:
>The first dimension, is that which gives it length (aka. the x-axis). A good description of a one-dimensional object is a straight line.
>Add to it a second dimension, the y-axis (or height), and you get an object that becomes a 2-dimensional shape (like a square).
>The third dimension involves depth (the z-axis), and gives all objects a sense of area and a cross-section. The perfect example of this is a cube, which exists in three dimensions and has a length, width, depth, and hence volume.
>The fourth dimension is time, which governs the properties of all known matter at any given point.
>If we could see on through to the fifth dimension, we would see a world slightly different from our own that would give us a means of measuring the similarity and differences between our world and other possible ones.
>In the sixth dimension, we would see a plane of possible worlds, where we could compare and position all the possible universes that start with the same initial conditions as this one.
>In the seventh dimension, you have access to the possible worlds that start with different initial conditions. Whereas in the fifth and sixth, the initial conditions were the same and subsequent actions were different, here, everything is different from the very beginning of time.
>The eighth dimension again gives us a plane of such possible universe histories, each of which begins with different initial conditions and branches out infinitely (hence why they are called infinities).
>In the ninth dimension, we can compare all the possible universe histories, starting with all the different possible laws of physics and initial conditions.
>In the tenth dimension, we arrive at the point in which everything possible and imaginable is covered. Beyond this, nothing can be imagined by us lowly mortals, which makes it the natural limitation of what we can conceive in terms of dimensions.

You're even more retarded than OP

> up, down and side to side
Gee user how could you survive until now without ever going forward? Do you only walk like a crab or something?

what the fuck are you saying

memepost

I'm saying that you're a retard

Imagine spinning 360 degrees and not being in the same position you started. Then you spin 360 degrees again and you are back in the original position. In this sense there is an additional dimension that you must "flip" through in order to get back to where you started (this happens to real particles btw).

Similarly, imagine the 3 spacial dimensions. If you travel 2 feet forward and 2 feet backward in any of these dimensions, you are in the same coordinates as you started. This action of moving forward and then moving back is a fundamental thing and it is a property of the space. Can you imagine another way to "move" forward and then back such that the initial conditions are preserved? Congratulations, you've discovered a new dimension.

Spinning 360 degrees and returning to the initial position is another action that can occur in 3 dimensions. So what happens when we observe something that doesn't return to it's original position until spinning 720 degrees? How do we describe it? We just use additional dimensions.

>Totally nonsensical and absurd.
Good scifi though.

the 4th dimension is easy to visualize, I'll teach you. You write (x, y, z, w) and the 4th dimension is w.

a squared plus b squared plus c squared plus d squared plus e squared... etc.

Fun fact: Physicists know there's only at max 25 dimensions because of the nature of the pythagorean theorem, so this limits string theory to being only moderately autistic.

Compactified dimensions

OP is asking about more than 3 SPATIAL dimensions.

Are you that guy from that other thread with a supposely very high IQ, that relates a lot with Ozymandias?

>Imagine spinning 360 degrees and not being in the same position you started
Stopped reading there, obviously you don't know what 360 degrees means

No, my IQ is not supposedly high, it is high.

my point is, some particles have to spin around twice through the three spacial dimensions in order to return to their original configuration. Therefore we can consider a single spin through all 3 spacial dimensions as a flip through a different dimensions. And another the second spin flipping back. It's just an abstract way of thinking.

>draw x, y, z graph
>add another line 45 degrees from the x and y axis, this line is also at 45 degrees from the x-y plane and the z axis
>label this new axis as w

Congradulations, there is now another dimension on in your space. If you draw a triangle from this w axis to the x axis, it will now exist and produce a reading on the x (width), y(angle depth), z(absolute height), and w (relative height).
You now have a 4 dimensional triangle. If you choose to ignore w, you still have a 3 dimensional triangle, and using w could have a 4 dimensional prism.

Just because you are a brainlet doesn't mean everyone else is.

It's not going into "4-dimensions", stop being retarded.

I now still have a 3 dimensional triangle, you just cheated. The dimensions have to be at right angles to eachother which makes 3 the maximum.

Hey OP I live in 4 spatial dimensions and I can see inside your house right now lol. Get a life you fucking faggot.