Is Electrical Engineering the best degree you can get from a practical standpoint?

Is Electrical Engineering the best degree you can get from a practical standpoint?

>everything you learn can be readily applied
>exposed to utility programming and learn C/C++ as well as the rundown behind how this all works at the CPU level so your not code monkey tier
>get to learn and actually apply fairly advanced math to solve problems RL

Aerospace Msc student at 28 here. Wish I did EE, too afraid and not enough money to switch now.

>Aerospace Msc student at 28
how?

Work full time and then part time, lack of dedication, depression, shitty Uni.

chemical engineer better

>so your not code monkey tier
>still end up employed as a code monkey

EE is pretty much learning a trade but in Uni.

>do a CE lab
>results are off, half to write long ass lab reports, %error is high as fuck, half the conclusion is explaining why there is such a big error

>do a EE lab
>lab is enjoyable to do, you get to plan it out, literally 0% error, everything you calculated is pretty much what you get

really makes you think.

EE too hard

If you're comfortable with both physics and calculus and programming then yeah electrical engineering is a good field for you. Unfortunately for me I'm not that good at physics so I'm sticking to computer science.

why do you think this? pajeet takes EE jobs more than anything. I could easily say ME is "the best degree you can get from a practical standpoint" and you would have no reason to doubt it based on what reasons you're giving.

most of ME isn't even real, nor applicable in a small practical scale. How is knowing fluid dynamics practical as compared to knowing how to readily build circuits that can convert between AC and DC, or knowing how to fix appliances utilizing tricks with certain elements?

As far as engineering degrees go, yes.

This, EE fuckking works & its satisfying as fuck.

I have seen physics/chem/bio majors switch to EE even after being 30+ and having a doctorate.

If I get a business degree, I can own and run a business that employees hundreds of electrical engineers.

bruh i wouldn't worry, you gon get a 30k/year job in 6months

Want to have something to show for your education?

EE
>can do hobbyist projects in your spare time
>contribute to an open source project (ps2 emulation)
>teach kids robotics

Other majors:
>???
>join some dumb fuck club so you can put it on your resume
>be a reasesrch slave for some prof

Oh yeah forgot to mention

EE
>fix appliances
>build gadgets to sell
>hobbyist radio stuff

I love math, but honestly have zero clue if i'd enjoy electronics/ computer science. Thinking about playing with an arduino bores me

Should I do EE?

Do you like applying math and seeing it directly translate IRL? Then go for it I guess. Though defs you will have a greater enjoyment if you also enjoy designing/making things. Also if you really really like math than idk. At my school at least EE only has to take a total of 4 math classes.

I'm in EE myself and eh I sort of see why sci jerks Math so hard. Honestly if you have a very good math background EE is a fucking joke. What we've spent 8 weeks learning to come up to could have been easily understood by someone autistically good at math and realize that they can just use Laplace transform. Same with my signals class, anyone who has a good idea of functions, transformations and Fourier would not even have to take this course.

>Take mechE
>Class is filled with CarBros
Kill me plz
I'm interested in aero but mechE is more practical.

another nice thing about EE is you learn a lot of applied physics, to the point where double major EE/physics is a thing at a large number of universities

my uni does EE modules for mech eng and most of the stuff you've just said is very basic level shit. Mechanics, design and manufacture are incredibly practical

>Thinking about playing with an arduino bores me

If this is the case, I don't think it'd be wise to. I've had at least 1 class every single semester that required me to program some board, cpu, microprocessor, etc. to do various things.

If the whole programming->application route doesn't appeal to you then you're going to hate this major.

thanks for the advice

EE:
> put an esp8266 in a pile of dogshit
> start a kickstarter
> run python on an Atmega328p
> raise your professor's son
> buy broken/sell test equipment on Ebay

I'm junior in EE what maths you advise to get autistically good ?

>(ps2 emulation)

hopefully people aren't as gay and boring as you are

>mfw did engineering physics and can go to grad school for literally anything i want and i'll excel in it

Except for postmodern feminist literature studies.

>this is what engineering physics students think

that's the point of the degree, so it would make sense to think that.

Laplace transformations and diff. equations (second order).

From my experience the hardest math was in signal analysis and control systems. Everything else you can learn intuitively or are just a bunch of formulas.

the problem with EE is that the ones who get the degree are the people you don't want to work with