Do you think that you're more intelligent than your father, Veeky Forums?

Do you think that you're more intelligent than your father, Veeky Forums?

Yes my dad didn't vote for the donald

yeah but he's more driven and stoic

Yes and I'm better in every sense.
Taller.
Fitter.
Bigger dick.

I'm truly an improvement upon him. I hope my son too makes me look like a dumb ugly manlet when he's a grown up.

He got his PhD in math at 20, not a chance. I'm a disappointment.

I had access to better education, the internet and a lot of tech he didn't had in his childhood. So idk.

Just wait until you are older with scrawny muscles, limp dick and bad posture due to spine degeneration. One can but love the power of subjectivity

I compared to him when he was in his forties I don't think that you get too scrawny at that age you cuck.
Also something I'm doing better: staying alive ;_;

There are literally 5 threads about intelligence/IQ on the frontpage of Veeky Forums right now.

Stop being so obsessed with intelligence. There's more to the natural sciences and mathematics than this shit.

t. Veeky Forums regular
(our equivalent would be retarded Hitler and "muh country achieved the most" threads, I guess)

Infinitely. My dad believes that microwaves are akin to gamma waves and thus fears the microwave oven.

I wish I was making this up.

I don't know what happened to your father, but godspeed user. Survival is always a good option

My parents were ignorant: NOT intelligent.
I had to leave them to mature on my own; see they were incapable of showing me intelligence or were willing to learn.

It's a mimicking effect, one type of thing tends to create similar things. It's how apes and humans function, mimicking others and changing it slightly. Memes are based on the same effect: the most succesful ones are the ones that are repeated infinitely

agreed. fucking hell being obsessed about your iq is a sign that you're a lazy dumbass who dont like to bother to study or have interest in math or science

I mean, I love my dad and I don't think intelligence is the most important quality in a person, but probably. I think my mom is the more intelligent of the two. She was a Fullbright scholar and did a heavily quantitative econometrics PhD which involved programming in FORTRAN while my dad ended up flunking out of grad school. My dad also seems to have trouble with the basic principles behind evolution. He's said stuff like:

>"My theory as to why the Whites are White is that at some point they hid in caves, and so since they didn't have sun exposure, they became pale."
He doesn't understand that we didn't evolve from dinosaurs. He thought for a long time that all the dinosaurs evolved into the different animals today, and it took him a long time to grasp the concept that most dinosaurs went extinct and only a small lineage survived. He also said "Even if the meteor hadn't hit earth, I think that the dinosaurs would have died. I mean, they were so big. If you get too big, you are bound to fail. It's like big corporations."

My mother doesn't seem to have any trouble understanding new concepts.

>be adopted

Would the dinosaurs still be alive today? My understanding is that the high amounts of oxygen made animals huge. Maybe they would be small.
What made the oxygen levels decrease so much?

Seconded.
I'm as smart as my adoptive father though.

Maybe he has a lot of crystalized intelligence and doesn't bother to learn those trivial things. A lot of people we see as unintelligent are just ignorant.

I'm less than a layman about this, but I guess dinosaurs would just be a kind of today's reptiles:
>relatively small
>cold-blooded

i might be, but he's a better man than me

t. retard

t. liberal

the oxygen thing is a completely different time period

there are plenty of reasons for dinos to be big, shit like their respiratory systems and stuff

obv the main thing is being able to shit out a kiddie of a fair size in the first place

Smarter maybe, but infinitely less equipped to survive in the real world.

Yes. My father was the worst kind of sociopath, and in turn was blind to a lot of things. You can say that his tendencies made him ignorant, but all in all, I could outsmart him if I was willing to put up with the Machiavellian tactics. I could regard things he could not. I could conclude things he could not, whether that was a product of his time, or a product of his nature. I'd like to think that this implies I am at least more intelligent than him in this manner, if not in others. My capacity to do such things is there.

I was a "sharp kid" early on, and he tried to soft-mold me. I was too smart for that- the bullshit detector was working already.

Now he has cancer. What money he didn't drain from my savings account while I was addled with teenaged hormones, I used to go to university.

I'm the better man, now.

Currently because at 25 my dementia is a lot less developed than his.

Ignorant retard. Why do u just believe certain things and not others is it random?

rip dementia

Found the "dangerous microwaves"-conspiracist

Mostly, but I couldn't beat him in his trades knowhow and skill. Car and body repair isn't exactly glamorous but he was damn good at it.

Also curse these human forms for inheriting our mothers hair.

Did you faggots compare dick size?

Well he told me poor kids just don't get into good schools plain and simple and I believed him so I'm not sure which of us are dumber

I was born with poland syndrome. One thing wrong leads to another, so I am most likely not more intelligent than him.

>having a son that goes on a Mongolian anime origami to tell people he has a bigger dick than his dad
I'm going to bet he's more self-aware and humble than you.

in science and math yes. but my father is very great at construction, welding and business rather than me

Considering my father is a poor violent obese alcoholic I would hope so.

My dad was a janitor who made a lot of terrible life choices. He did have an interest in science and read a lot of books by Sagan, Asimov, etc. We talked about science stuff a lot when I was younger and he said some things that I still consider very insightful. When I was 12 he got into a relationship with an airhead and changed his personality to match hers. After that all he wanted to talk about was American Idol and whatever other reality TV crap he watched with her.

I'm an engineer and have my shit together.

Yes, but only because he is genuinely dumb. This still doesn't tell a lot about my intelligence in comparison to the rest of society.