Veeky Forums meta thread

We are allowed one meta thread per board.

Should mods allow graduate school / university / degree related STEM advice threads ?

The current rule is this belongs to /adv/ but very few lurkers in /adv/ can give reasonable advice on mathematics related discussions. It is rather counterproductive to seek STEM advice on a board with few STEM lurkers.

Currently all such threads are banned while we allow the daily IQ threads to remain.

Yes to graduate school talk, because that's actually related to the practice of science.

No to undergrad threads or GPA threads. That's just schooling and generally the discussion is low-quality dick-waving.

OP here I agree. Mods banned a graduate school talk thread today which sparked this thread

These threads should be allowed

No to uni threads, yes to grad school threads. Because fuck undergrads.

how hard would it be for me as a canadian undergrad to get into a decent school in the US for a math or physic phd?

Very hard. If you're the type of person to ask broad questions with no context and expect a good answers, everything in life will be hard.

>Should mods allow graduate school / university / degree related STEM advice threads ?
yes

get rid of the fucking /pol/ bullshit for fucks sake. the fucking IQ/race/climate change retardation that is posted over and over and fucking over again. they ignore the answers. IT IS SPAM.

How hard would it be to end up around people who aren't totally fucking retarded? Is undergrad THAT important if I get perfect grades and good test scores? Lol

yes. science is not just a field of study for many but also a profession. professional development should be open for discussion on a science board.

Yes, those threads should be allowed.

They should belong here. Anything related to science and math.

i wasnt expecting good answers
just looking for personal anecdotes, lol.

B.S. biomed here. How challenging would it be to obtain a M.S. in pure biochem?

just get an MD and do an MS during residency in a clinical topic :^)

>Should mods allow graduate school / university / degree related STEM advice threads ?
no, there's about a million other forums for school discussion

allowing school threads which pop up far too often already would make this board even less science and math than it already is

Maybe there should be a general someone can make. Keep it in one thread. Delete extras.

the fact that people on Veeky Forums are supposedly better equipped to answer school advice threads than people on /adv/ is not that great of a reason, or at least it applies equally to homework threads and most people don't want that here either

No, it's not about science or math. Your personal career is your own problem, and if you plan on pursuing such a career, you should at least be able to find the appropriate websites for asking your questions, i.e. the university websites and not Veeky Forums.

Also, what's next? Discussions about defecation on Veeky Forums, because every science department has a toilet? That's a shitty slippery slope.

You are fucking retarded

Yes they should be allowed, and ban IQ/race/climate change meme /pol/ tier threads

not a single thread on the top deserves to be on this board. holy fucking shit, what a joke.

People there will give you the usual "Just try hard and remember to be yourself!". If I come here with questions is because I can (sadly) expect more honesty from this faggot ridden hole.