Americanized Chinese places are on practically every corner

Americanized Chinese places are on practically every corner
Sushi is as common as McDonald's
Ramen is over
Pho is yesterday's news

What's the next meme Asian dish?

Beef loc lac

hopefully mapo dofu

Shabu shabu is great but the average American is too dumb to be capable of doing it right.

Also I can already see plebs complaining about having to pay to cook your own food.

Dumplings
Not the shitty ones from chinese takeout places
Restaurants that focus solely on good dumplings with a lot of different fillings

I fucking hope to god it is this
There's a really great dim sum place sort of near me but they're really expensive for dim sum, I've had cheaper in Chicago

I want me ten fucking kinds of dumplings
no, twenty

Hell yeah...Pot stickers my nigga

Dim sum or Korean barbecue

Shabu shabu is awesome because you cook your own food. I hate going to kbbq and they do it for you

I've always wondered how these Chinese really make money. There may be a lot of restaurants, but none of them are ever busy.

Red tree ants with beef and holy basil. I eat it often while visiting Cambodia.

Low operational costs make a big difference. This one place I know about makes 400k net a year and they sell generic Americanized Chinese food.

You mean like fucking dim sum? They are already everywhere

Yeah, well I also wouldn't be surprised if a lot of these places are involved in human trafficking, backroom gambling, drugs, etc

If you see an Asian restaurant next to a nail or massage place there's a good chance you got some human trafficking goin on

Korean bbq is already pretty memey. There's short ribs in every hipster taco place.

Bibimbap? I could see it taking off.
>cheap meat
>rice
>egg
>random veges
>stone bowl that millennials will spend 10min instagramming every time they sit down to eat
>dirt cheap and easy to make, which is good for restaurants
>funny meme-worthy name that reddit will prob beat to death
I can see it being a thing, if it isn't already.

That's already everywhere too

never seen it in the west, only in Asia.

Yeah like a year ago

>Korean bbq is already pretty memey. There's short ribs in every hipster taco place.

Fucking this. I'm going to a "super nice" hipster mexican place tonight. Looked at a picture of their menu....first thing is Korean BBQ tacos......fuck food culture in this current year

...i know what I'm about to say is a meme, but hipsters have fucking ruined food culture

Definitely biang biang mian, they're delicious but so hard to find, Boston only has like two restaurants that do them at all

yeah, definitely not.

my bet would be on "healthy" snackbars, springrolls,salads,summerrolls,fresh soymilk

Poke

Your mom with fermented soy sauce and the side of siracha on the gapping hole.

Faggots concerning themselves with meme foods. Just kill yourself, you're the worse making shitty memes now.

Korean food COULD be the next big thing if they weren't such fucking jews. Nobody wants to pay $12 for some soup or bibimbap entree.

Americanized chinese food has become stagnant. I really believe that there's something that could revolutionize the industry. Someone already mentioned legit dumplings joints being the next thing, but I think it's not enough. There needs to be more variety and choice, and it needs to avoid being associated with other shitty chinese places. Panda express is already similar to chipotle's model in terms of speed and cleanliness, but their ingredients and items are still too stereotypical.

The value proposition needs to provide short wait times, healthy choices, and most importantly, have a non stereotypical ambience not cheap interior designs and "herro may I take your order"

The hard part isn't finding healthy hipsterish chinese recipes. It's being able to deliver and present it to hwite people in a way that wows them instead of weirding them out. Asian restaurants usually suck at service and customer experience. That means they have shitty/weird product and shitty service. They're like the walmarts of the culinary world but not nearly as successful. I see an opportunity for them to be the trader joe's instead, I'm just not sure how yet.

In toronto is fusion filipino. Thinks like fried chicken adobo on ube waffles.

Its not very good.

california here. it's definitely poke. even though it's fucking gross trash with the shittiest ingredients

We also have that in Toronto and gross sushi burritos full of weird stuff like lettuce and carrots that don't even belong in sushi.

>korean
>healthy choices

yeah nah. fucking slant eyes are always cutting corners and using the cheapest, most low quality ingredients available

Some kind of Itsu-Ping Pong combo would be huge for dim sum, I think.

Shabu shabu is great but the average American is too dumb to be capable of doing it right.

there is literally nothing complex about しゃぶしゃぶ, its essentially raw lunchmeat in a pot of boiling water. you add vegetables and sauce to taste, had that shit all the time when living in 富山県

stop acting so obsessed you retarded eurocunt weeb trash

Like this?

mongolian noodles
bun bo la lot

>>lunchmeat

Speaking of "too dumb to do it right".....

its meat sliced thin enough to see through it, so it cooks in just a few seconds in boiling broth

im sorry that you dont even own a passport, but there is very little to しゃぶしゃぶ. I ate it at japanese places in japan who specialized in it whilst living there. it isnt anything special or fancy, but if you lived in europe or a flyover state, i could see how it's considered "exotic"

wow frozen fast food is shitty, who would've thought?

>slant eyes are always cutting corners and using the cheapest, most low quality ingredients
This is exactly what I'm talking about. That perception is what's holding the market back. Also korean food is comparably healthy, I don't know what you're on about.

Dan dan noodles but the spice level is scaled way down
Poke but that;s more Hawaiian than Asian

>its meat sliced thin enough to see through it, so it cooks in just a few seconds in boiling broth

In English "lunch meat" refers to meats that are already cooked.

Also, why would you use something as crappy as lunch meat when you could use something so much better?

Is xiao long bao a meme yet?

you are actually fucking retarded, lunch meat as in its sliced very thin. I even specified "essentially RAW lunchmeat"

ironic you attempt to criticize my english when it's clearly not your first language, you autistic faggot. go back to jerking off over chocolate covered sriracha bacon

how was 田舎生活?

baseline internet that comes bundled with baseline cable TV was ~5x faster than the fastest internet i get in the states. speedtest clocked it at 137mb/s. this was the literal barebones "i just use the internet for email" package that is just for like 30 cable channels and a landline phone

other than that it was pretty nice, modeled for a haircut joint and through that hung out with various nightlife people in the area. lots of hiking and fishing

>perception

you mean, the truth? and no, it's not comparatively healthy, at all. i work at a poke/hibachi place and you could not be more wrong

>I even specified "essentially RAW lunchmeat"

There's no such thing. By definition "lunchmeat" is cooked. That's what "lunchmeat" means in English. Like pic related. If it's raw it's just "meat".

Fucking check Wikipedia. Here's the first sentance from the "lunchmeat" article:

>Lunch meats—also known as cold cuts, luncheon meats, cooked meats, sliced meats, cold meats, smallgoods, Colton and deli meats—are precooked or cured meat..."

I wasn't intending to criticize your English skills. I honestly thought you were suggesting using pic related for shabu-shabu, which would be stupid.

If you're talking about raw meat then I have no complaints. Just learn the proper term for it!

you are both retarded and autistic, and it would really tear me up inside if you died in a car crash tomorrow

butthurt @ being wrong lmao

>tries to argue against something specified because of being wrong
>tries to claim victory over semantics
nobody cares dude

>n-nobody cares

i'm not even l m a o

>I work at a McDonalds and I can tell you how shitty and unhealthy American food is.
You're missing the point entirely. I'm talking about business opportunities, you're talking about current restaurants and /pol/ shit. How your hibachi place is run has no bearing on how my asian restaurant could be run, but your reaction and linking the two is exactly what I'm trying to avoid.

*kisses u*
back the fuck off?

that is literally an American food, you retard

flied lice

i still eat ramen

wow

truly Veeky Forums is the most autistic board

Poke is Hawaiian, dingle. Hawaii may have some Asian flair, but I assure you it's one of the 50 states.

Double beef pho. Texas bbq chinese fusion.

Take the beef out of the pho and give it to your dog, then put some 12 hour brisket in there.

>top left
would eat

>top
would devour

>top right
would devour

>left
would cautiously taste

>middle
would fucking devour with the force of 1000 suns

>right
would peck at

>bottom left
not sure if want

>bottom
would eat after removing the salad

>bottom right
looks comfy

Despite being a U.S. state Hawaii is Polynesian, part of Oceania between Asia and North America.

Poke in it's current form is heavily influenced by the Japanese who started emigrating to Hawaii during the end of the 19th century, which is why so many poke/sushi/hawaiian bbq places keep popping up in Cali, but it's not technically Asian.

Is this yet another one of those "is cured meat raw even if it isn't technically cooked" arguments that goes nowhere?

Bahn Mi

Your mistake was treating the mouthbreathing children who frequent this board as actual people.

hotpot

>or cured

A couple weeks back we had a thread where some guy kept arguing his smoke-cured bacon was raw meat because the dictionary says that the culinary-use of "raw" means uncooked, and curing isn't cooking

Meanwhile the wider definition of raw means unaltered

This is all just a pedantic semantics circle-jerk and you're an idiot for engaging in it

Korean BBQ

Cambodian food. Americanized, it's similar enough to Thai, Vietnamese, and Chinese food that white people will lap that shit up.

There aren't that many Cambodian restaurants around, but if there's any Khmer folk out there with any business sense, they're going to realize that they can make bank on idiots who want to sound like they're more "adventurous" eaters than their friends: "what, you mean you've never had kuy tiev or lok lak? Prole."

Thai ice cream places have been opening up everywhere but when it comes to new actual food I'd say the market is pretty saturated right now. Right now it's all about fusion, like here in philly they opened a place that makes korean bulgolgi cheesesteaks.

i wish

Nah. It requires you to sit down with friends/family. Americans don't want that. They want their Asian food delivered to them at their office or in mom's basement.

Yeah, definitely, it was much better when 75%+ of restaurants were absolute zero effort tire fires.

Moron.

Veeky Forums is just /b/ for oldfags.

Not asian but it's definitely the new memefood

This. Was in salt lake city for 2 days about a week ago and I saw 2 Korean bbq food trucks. Not gonna lie though it was actually tasty

>mfw

The secret to why Veeky Forums is literally the worst, most shitpost overrun board on Veeky Forums is that it's filled with the most bitter, hardened oldfags on the entire site.

tfw hipsters are like normies 2.0 and they BOTH fucking ruin every goddamned thing about culture

I hope it's dumplings too, especially Xiaolongbao or dumplings with roast duck and shrimp.
This kind of thing has been big in Melbourne for some years and it taking off in NYC now too (places like Vanessa's Dumplings there are great).

What is so bad about kbbq tacos? The fusion or the people who enjoy it?

Korean or Japanese Bento box food trucks

>Veeky Forums is literally the worst, most shitpost overrun board on Veeky Forums
No, that's easily /v/ or /pol/.

dinuguan

dog

Every post on /pol/ is a shitpost.

/n/

Bibimpap
at least in canada

funny name
korea's getting plenty of love here right now thanks to the trade deal
korean restos popping up everywhere
my money's on bibimpap.
simple as shit and delicious.

>What's the next meme Asian dish?

Kebabs, gyros, and other middle eastern most likely.

Why? "They have it in Europe."

Virtually everything ITT is already played out. Where the fuck do you live where dim sum, pho and korean food are still new?

For me, Nepalese food is the best meme food right now. Momos and healthy curries with no poo in loo ingredients to mask the flavours.

most places serve barely spicy mapo

I honestly doubt it

dunno about asian but I wonder when millenials will meme halal kebabs and other muslim food here

maybe not with the resurgence of veganism

>live in Miami
>good Chinese restaurants have cheap dim sum
>can get 15 pieces for less than $13

Bao, maybe. Kimchee is already here among cali hipsters.

Nepalese was the meme food in my bumfuck whitebread town 5 years ago. Try again.

I wish I lived in a bigger city with good korean food. Nothing like good bulgogi, potato pancake, and cheesey corn.

That isn't how you spell bulgogi

Hotpot delivery.

Hi Zed!