Smelly garlic boy

how the fuck do i get the onion/garlic smell off my hands if thats all i fuck with at work all day
pic related sounds like absolute new age bullshit

Rub baking soda on your hands.

Hold a wooden spoon in your mouth when your chopping it

Pic related works great. Though you don't need to buy a silly gadget for it, just rub your hands on anything made of stainless steel. The inside of your sink, the handle of a piece of cutlery, etc.

It's chemistry, user.

Rub your fingers/hand on stainless steel whilst it's wet. A spoon works.

you don't

Bait.

how does that.... get the smell off of hands?

should i just kill myself then

Negative, son, it is proven science.

The stainless steel reacts with the compounds that cause the smell and make it not smell.

Garlic contains molecules with sulfur. When cutting garlic, the molecules are transferred to your skin. Washing your hands with water heightens the smell because the water causes the sulfur to turn into sulfuric acid. When you touch wood, the molecules in the wood bind with the sulfur molecules on your hands, thus transferring the molecules (along with the smell) to the wood and off from your hands. Presto! No more garlicky fingers.

You hold the spoon in your mouth for ease of use when working quickly.

>Wanting to get eaten by vampires.
You are an idiot.

I wash my hands and while they're wet and soapy just rub the faucet of my sink all over. it has nothing to do with new age fake medicine or something, dumbo. it's proven science that's been around for decades now.

what if there are no wooden spoons at work

stainless steel. you don't need that "stainless steel bar of soap", the sink works just as well. won't get rid of the smell completely, but reduce it noticeably. if you've eaten loads of garlic, you'll be sweating it all out, there's nothing to help that, as far as I know. apart from drinking bleach, ofc.

Rub your hands on stainless steel, it's a kitchen, there's probably some in there.

topkek.

nah i just do prep work which involves onions and some form of garlic daily. if i ever eat anything i prep its just bell pepper.

I don't mind garlic smell altogether. Although it gets awkward in the bedroom sometimes
>hun, why does your cooch smell of garlic? aw, crap, shouldn't have palyed with it before eating. my bad.

Post feet

I recommend travelling everywhere with pic related

not my cooch. you don't wanna see my hairy hobbit feet. My fig bat digger nick is by no means feminine.

what the fuck is it

Fingerbox. Noob.

a percussion instrument.

what does that have to do with wooden spoons exactly?

nothing. what do wooden spoons have to do with garlic? nothing.

WRONG FAGGOT

It's an alternative to carrying a wooden spoon around with you.
Insert the stick into your mouth to 'grab' the sulphur molecules that rise up when chopping.
Works with onions too. Look it up.

wooden spoons and stainless steel just sound like theyre on the same level as "oh just whistle or chew gum when you chop onions so u dont cry ahyerp" which obviously doesnt fucking work.

also before the "its proven science!!! stainless steel!!!" ive fucking tried it and it doesnt do anything unless my x gene is just Very Bonded to Sulfur

>Works with onions too. Look it up.

It doesn't do shit. But it is one of those old wives tales that people blindly perpetuate.

My aunt does it, she still cries like a little bitch when cutting onions.

I just make sure my knife is sharp. No tears.

kek, look, I'm all about tellimg peopleof the dangers of dihydrogenmonooxide, and how awesome fingerboxes are, but today I feel rather unfunny. if you're over 18 and believe any of these:
,you're a retard.

>no proof
Fuck you. Wood has been used to absorb noxious molecules when working with food for millennia. Pic related. A African hutwife using wood to 'grab' the molecules

>i post pics of african tribe members on Veeky Forums in 2017

>People who literally live in their own shit do it so you should do it too

MUH NAAAAAAATURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

WOOD FROM NATURRR THAT MAKE WOOD GOOD

BAD STAINLESS STEEL NOT FROM NATURRR FROM MAN THAT MAKE STEEL BAD

>this fucking illogic from cancerous new agers

The ancient ways are as relevant today as they were back then.

Those lip plates were for making their people less appealing to slavers, it's got nothing to do with food safety.

So female castration should be mandated?

After all, if the old ways are best...

might as well bring back eunuchs while we're at it

>food and cooking

underrated

>low iq and low test

t. never watched an episode of Good Eats

Go to your local auto shop and get some pumice scrub for getting oil off your hands. Works great for cooking with hot peppers too.

Stainless steel is fucking chemistry, dumb faggot. You aren't a retard claiming chemistry is fairy tales, are you?

>how the fuck do i get the onion/garlic smell off my hands if thats all i fuck with at work all day
Easy: actually learn how to cook and then you can move up from prep bitch

copper and silver are naturally antibiotic because the effect of their atomic structure, i don't know the exact nature of the mechanism but essentially the electromagnetic fields emitted by the metals affect things at the molecular level

stainless steel has a similar effect and it's harder

>magically start a position and leave the one position no one else qualifies for
learn how staffing fucking works asshole

>implying you don't lose a line cook every other week
>implying that prep bitch needs to be qualified when you're barely above the dish bitch
Learn how to cook

Problem solved.

bitch we have like 4 kitchen people, we need at least 1 kitchen person from 7am to 1030pm, not everyone can fucking stay here all day and no one in FOH wants to learn prep. I'd love to fucking cook but if I moved to that position then catching up on prep would be fucking hard bc of staffing issues. fuck you and the food Network horse you rode in on.

>implying all ppl work at shitty restaraunts who can't keep staff happy and work enviroment great.
>implying sous are pointless and any monkey coulddo their job

wear gloves

beep boop we have like those shitty plastic ones but the smell goes through them. big ol rubber gloves would just make the cutting procedure really annoying and time consuming.

You can be replaced in a day.
When I was a prep bitch it was a cakewalk. Sory basic manual labor is complicated.

pic related might sound like NA BS but it works.

how big was the place? what i've seen so far, that would be fairly full places (~200-300ppl, at least half full at all times), so sure, once you've sorted the whiny bitches out, you need a competent sous to make it run

kill yourself

lemon juice

Just rub your hands on anything made of steel. It's doesn't have to be some bullshit $20 steel "soap bar". I usually just rub the side of my knife over my hands or run my hands over my faucet.

Play xylophone afterwards to drive away the garlic spirits.

ummm actually the molecules on your tooth enamel stop this from working, you need to have the wooden spoon in your anus.

Just wear some disposable gloves. Throw gloves in bin after use.

Any time I'm cutting onions and get the slightest particle of it stuck under my fingernail, my hand smells like urine for like 3 days, I've never had garlic smell linger, though.

kek'd a little

OP try this

>make their people less appealing to slavers
>give them buit-in snack serving trays

FFS

my gramma taught me this and she was from Palermo
works like a charm though you have to hold it by the handle, the other way won't work

Copper works better - if you have a copper scrub pad, kick your dishwasher out of the way for a dish or two. It absorbs sulphurous impurities in things like beer and whiskey (hence copper brew kettles and stills still being common), and will absolutely help scrub out rotten egg smell, onion juice and garlic stank from your fingers. A bit of sanitizer should finish the job.

How to not wash your hands
>turn on water
>put liquid soap on your dry hands
>rub them
>rinse for 2 seconds

how to wash your hands
>rub your hands with water
>put some soap on your hands
>rub every finger, the back of your hands, the thumb and palm carefully
>continue rubbing and slowly add water until all the soap is gone
>continue to rinse for a good 15 seconds
>stop being a pussy and stop smelling your body parts

t. retard/never knew anything about chemistry

Either

A) Stop scratching your balls
B) Start rubbing baking soda on your balls

Bait.

I like to use a lemon. After cooking with garlic or onion, cut part of a lemon and handle it vigorously. I usually juice a lemon into some water to have with whatever meal I just made with the offending garlic. You want to express the oils in the skin and rub them on your hands.

Start smoking cigars, drinking booze and fucking hookers. The smell will not bother you.

Bait.
>Bait.
Bait.
>Bait.
Bait.
>Bait.
Bait.
>Bait.
Bait.
>Bait.
Bait.
>Bait.
Bait.
>Bait.
Bait.
>Bait.
Bait.
>Bait.
Bait.
>Bait.
Bait.

its just GARLIC it will go away

Honest question, even if it's a bit strange. I really do like garlic and onions. Many people I know are almost hysterical when it comes to garlic. I don't give a shit and eat whatever I want whenever I want. Of course I notice sometimes that people have breath that taste like garlic, but I don't really mind. It's much better than bad breath in general and I even prefer it over mentol. It might sound odd but I don't really like mentol.

So anyhow, beside that garlic breath, some people think that your whole body starts to smell strangely like garlic if you eat too much. I really couldn't say that I ever met a person that has a garlic body odor. Is this just a meme or am I simply not noticing it, because I don't mind at all. Usually I have a pretty sensitive nose.

Btw. I eat about 2-4 cooked garlic pieces everyday. Is that bad? Nobody ever commented on my smell and I only sometimes smell garlic on my hands, after cutting it. But my breath seems unaffected by it.

i just use soap

>beside that garlic breath, some people think that your whole body starts to smell strangely like garlic if you eat too much.
not a meme; if you swallow garlic in capsules (sometimes people get recommendations by ther doc to eat more garlic, but they either mind the breath, or dont like the taste) you still smell of it. especially if you don't use deodorant or perfume. on the other hand, I, too don't mind the smell at all, and too, never smelled it on my own body -generally people are too used to our own body odors- but some people do. faintly, but if they've an aversity to it, people do notice (like folks oversensitive towards tobacco do with smokers)

I get a garlicky smell to my BO the day after a particularly garlicky dinner.
I also get a curry smell after Indian.

Bad breath of any sort is just disrespectful though, eat a mint nigga.

Was always told by my Nonna to rub lemon over your hands, works for me.

THIS what the fuck is wrong with everyone?? This works, you fuckers.

Why would I go dig baking soda out of the pantry when the steel sink right next to me works better?

wear golf shoes when prepping, helps with posture too

Garlic piss and pepper dick

it burned my dickhead so bad once from the pepper juice. i had to dip it in milk, i was crying and dying for over an hour

then i ate so much garlic it was coming directly out in my urine so bad.

Put cucumber slices under your eyelids while spinning counter clockwise reciting the script of Seinfeld season one.
It works trust me.

Isn't this common knowledge?

Its not bait you fuck , the smelly molecule of garlic has a "chelate"-center incorporating a heavy metal (Mn?? cant remember), which catches and replaces that with other heavymetals ions , that's why people eat it as health-food. it detoxes them

...I personally would never put raw garlic in my mouth, cause it disgusts me beyond reason

I ALWAYS cut garlic with gloves, and onions too
don't mind crying from onions but the stench on my fingers is MINDNUMBING especially in the shower

"lolsorandumXDDD" humor is the worst.
go back to tumblr

sulfur isn't a metal, and its not a chiral molecule... allicin (which is in garlic, pretty unstable and without smell as is) changes to a bunch of di-sulfates (or sulfonates, sorry, don't know english nomenclature at all) like picrelated, those smell of garlic. and are pretty unstable themselfes, thus, rub you fingers on some stainless, voila, smell noticably weaker

biochemistry isn't my strong side but I really thought i remember hearing about chelation in regard to garlic .. just checked and you're right.
Shame on me for descending involuntary into pseudoscience crap.

i remember now it was "arsenic" smelling like garlic, which's poisoning is treated with chelating agents such as Dimercaprol and dimercaptosuccinic acid

You have a baking horn, right?
Do a few honks before you cut to stabilise the volatile oils, that'll make them less likely to vaporise.

It wasn't funny the first time round, user.

>chelation in regard to garlic
just quickly looked it up, again, nothing with chelatcomplexes, its just "yellow arsen", a tetraedric As4 non-metallic compound. highly volatile, smells of garlic and transforms to grey arsen in light at room temp

huh, we didn't cover any of that, only learned did the simplest detection/isolation stuff. most courses don't even let you work with this stuff, safety concerns and all.

>poisoning is treated with chelating agents such as dimercaptosuccinic acid
of course, this. sorry, now I messed up. yup, it all comes back once somebody points it out to you.