Whats the most pretentious adjective in the english language ?

whats the most pretentious adjective in the english language ?

menarcheal,arrhythmic and ontological imo

white

accipitrine

Perspicacious

bourgeois is almost exclusively used by pseuds.

pretentious

'pretentious' is the most pretentious adjective by virtue of it being purely nothing but pretentious.

No. Thank you for your attempt at wit, but "pretentious", while its use is the preserve of inarticulate retards, does not itself have a pretentious character.

>inarticulate retards

Speaking so highly of yourself, I see.

You fucked up, the least you could do is try to come up with a vigorous retort or stfu

@8722572
Here's your (You).

It's not an attempt at wit, you only believe that because you cling so to the word.

Ontological security is a useful set phrase though

grandiloquent, ironically. One of those words you only know if you are so.

>vigorous retort

Not the user you were replying to, but my God that choice of words made me cringe.

Please stop taking yourself so seriously.

Thanks for the word, user. Can I fornicate your older sister?

Ontology is a pretty useful and unique word. I think it sounds rather nice, too.

>words I do not think of by myself are too serious
And here you have a perfect example of the sort of person whose main line of criticism is to call things pretentious.

ostenbiley

>pretentious isn't pretentious
>assigning something a worth AND assigning it an intended worth just so you can belittle it for failing isn't the most self-important thing of all time.

quotidian, dilapidated, fortuitious

this

how is dilapidated any more pretentious than derelict

foppish

ubiquitous

it always depends on the context

None of the examples given above are pretentious per se. It is their use, whether or not they are called for, that turns a phrase into a pedantic exclamation.

kafqaesque

Capricious or sagacious

American

noice

>menarcheal
i dont understand how this is pretentious, but im also guessing its used in a different way than just 'the start of a woman's period'

my vote would go to masturbatory, because its usually used when people are trying to be even more pretentious than some supposedly pretentious thing. and they seem to enjoy the bit of shock value that comes with the word, and not being affected by it.

???

All adjectives are pretentious.

only the good ones, tho :^)

this

Obnoxious

arduous

ive seen it used the same way as "virgin"

I can't say for the adjectives, but the most pretentious noun is absolutely "milquetoast"

>it's a Veeky Forums gets triggered by words chapter again

Why do you people even come here?

shiny things, etc.

>things frasier and niles crane say

problematic

I always cringe when I see problematic in a text, which lately has been technical journals.

OOOOH good word! Can figure out what it means because I know the name of a certain genus (order? class?) of birds.

>masturbatory
This is a good one.

fast&bulbous

>cute jcs are pretentious

OK Mr superior. Calm down

Latinisms were a mistake

Veeky Forums-approved

facile

pusillanimous

obstreperous

Ontological is unavoidable if you're talking about metaphysics

My vote goes to Kafkaesque. Never heard someone say it who didn't sound like a douche.

>vigorous retort
kek

zeitgeisty

Kek
I used to be like you, young one. Tone it down for your own sake rather than ours. Don't take yourself too seriously or your arrogance will consume you.

bellicose

>per se
>pedantic

M O I S T
O
I
S
T

This desu

classy

It's not fair to call words that have a specific technical purpose in a given field 'pretentious' unless they're deployed needlessly and probably outside that field. 'Ontological' is a very useful word with a very specific purpose in a given field. user who said grandiloquent was nearly correct but not quite.

>Sesquipedalian

it's the most beautiful word in the eng. language

Ravishing. I imagine better than food guy has said it to his girlfriend more than once, to her discomfort. The thought of that is so funny to me for some reason.

boner points if it's used incorrectly (which it almost always is)

problematic is only cringe when used in the context of identity politics