Who will win

who will win

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KPEKrixDaL0
youtube.com/watch?v=0NIeNCQFXno
youtube.com/watch?v=Bu72H3jMpuY
youtube.com/watch?v=BbZKfno1KNc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

elon because he was able to figure out how to not go bald, unlike the other retarded faggot even when they both have the money for it.

follicle implants are for faggots, user

>be worth billions of dollars
>still be bald 5'8" manlet
why even live

Quick rundown of these fellas?

Hopeful African and Baldlet McCuntboss. Both privately funding development of super heavy lift space launch vehicles, ostensibly competing for contracts to future space missions like Mars.
To answer OP, Musk currently seems to be winning the private sector meme, but we'll see what actually goes off in 2020. Amazon man might come back.

Elon already has a owrking rocket
Bezo's is maybe 5 years away from his first launch

And remember there will be a period of YEARS of testing/slow launch rates/blow ups/stand downs/etc as the vehicle is finished

Musk won the popularity battle, hardly anyone off Veeky Forums even knows who Bezo is.

Us space enthusiasts.

Bezos has become a household name in the past year. Normalfags haven't heard of either of them, though.

lol

Musk rocket reuses:
Bezos rocket reuses:

that's the point retard. elon actually did something about it where jizz ballsack didn't

also he's 6'2 vs. manlet 5'8 on the right

>jizz ballsack
your butthurt is palpable

which one are you referring to? Both are bald manlets, one just wears astroturf on his head because of his insecurity

but he is insecure, just dumber than musk

>because of his insecurity

and the other does this

Deliberately ignoring grasshopper. But counting Bezos's equivalent.

KYS disinfo fagot.

Bezos has never gotten to orbit, and if you don't get to orbit and your not an ICBM than you are completely worthless.

new shepard goes 103x higher than the highest grasshopper flight

muh paper rocket

>new shepard goes 103x higher than the highest grasshopper flight
So are you going to disregard all flights of New Shepard after the first Falcon 9 reflight, which will send an actual payload to actual orbit?

Maybe once they fly the same falcon 9 core 5 times then you will have a point.

That was primarily due to FAA limitations on there Texas launch site.

How many good paying customers you got that want to buy launch services on BO's suborbital flights?

Falcon 9 delivers cargo to orbit and then lands. SpaceX has paying customers that purchase launches on flight proven boosters. Very soon they will refly one.

You are about as honest as an oven dodging lampshade and deserve to be gassed.

Isn't being a "household name" literally what being known by normalfags means?

>That was primarily due to FAA limitations on there Texas launch site.
Nope. They had plans to fly higher, but their only test article self-terminated.

>How many good paying customers you got that want to buy launch services on BO's suborbital flights?
They've already flown science payload customers on 3 flights, and will fly their first flight with people this year (2017.)

>SpaceX has paying customers that purchase launches on flight proven boosters.
They have exactly one (1) customer for a used booster.

>You are about as honest as an oven dodging lampshade and deserve to be gassed.
What have I said that is dishonest? Are you delusional? Are you reading things that are nonexistant? Maybe you come from communities with voting systems (it would fit your Musk cock-sucking profile,) but there is literally nothing I have posted that isn't objective fact, whereas half of the shit your spewing is straight up wrong.

elon musk is 6'2" and has hair lol

So you're just going to cherry-pick your criteria then?

Blue Origin focused on flying the same rocket five times because they only had the one rocket. It takes them all year to build one. They also have no customers to satisfy, and can just fly test flights of arbitrary uselessness at their leisure, at their inland facility with no coastal weather where only straight-up-and-down flying is permitted.

It's a much bigger deal for SpaceX to reuse a rocket, pushing it hard enough to launch a payload to orbit, having to expend a costly upper stage, needing to fly and not destroy a customer payload, and having to occupy a launchpad which they need to maintain their schedule.

It would be pretty pathetic if they just launched their recovered rocket straight up to "technically space" with some insignificant payload. The Falcon 9 booster could go to orbit with a light enough load on top, and if it were launching straight up with a normal load, after it separated from the upper stage it would coast to triple the altitude New Shepard attains. That's how fast it's going sideways in addition to the near-space altitude it reaches before staging.

>So you're just going to cherry-pick your criteria then?
What?

>Blue Origin focused on flying the same rocket five times because they only had the one rocket.
And? You're saying they should have just built more and thrown them away?

>It takes them all year to build one.
They're building 4 more right now, all ready before mid 2018.

>They also have no customers to satisfy
See >and can just fly test flights of arbitrary uselessness at their leisure
You think this test is useless?
youtube.com/watch?v=KPEKrixDaL0
Do you remember when SpaceX tested their escape system (on the ground), and it only met 30% of expected performance, very nearly causing the capsule to crash on land and fail the test? (in fact, the "trunk" crashed on the beach)

>It's a much bigger deal for SpaceX to reuse a rocket, pushing it hard enough to launch a payload to orbit
So far it means nothing. They've taken longer to reuse this booster than it took NASA to reuse Columbia after its first flight.

>needing to fly and not destroy a customer payload
How ironic.

>and having to occupy a launchpad which they need to maintain their schedule.
What? All of these launches need to be scheduled and approved with the FAA.

>It would be pretty pathetic if they just launched their recovered rocket straight up to "technically space" with some insignificant payload. The Falcon 9 booster could go to orbit with a light enough load on top, and if it were launching straight up with a normal load, after it separated from the upper stage it would coast to triple the altitude New Shepard attains. That's how fast it's going sideways in addition to the near-space altitude it reaches before staging.
Ok, so the falcon 9 is a bigger, unreliable, inefficient stick of kerosene.
Now what are you trying to say here?

SpaceX has yet to do even one monumental thing. Rockets have been launched into orbit since the 50s. NASA reused rockets 30 years ago. Blue Origin vertically landed their rockets

>SpaceX has yet to do even one monumental thing. Rockets have been launched into orbit since the 50s. NASA reused rockets 30 years ago. Blue Origin vertically landed their rockets

>The Wright Brothers have yet to do even one monumental thing. Birds have flown since prehistory. Balloonists have flown for hundreds of years. Langley's aerodrome launched into the air with wings and a propeller

Nobody's going to remember Blue Origin's suborbital playing around as more significant than the DC-X or X-15, and the space shuttle will always be remembered as the fake-reusable pork rocket so absurdly impractical that it threw away a drop tank as expensive as a complete expendable rocket that would carry the same payload, even before you consider the extreme refurbishment (effectively, re-manufacturing) required to refly it.

SpaceX, on the other hand, is going to go down in history as having made the first usefully-reusable orbital rocket (which will be remembered as "the first real space ship", regardless of the rockets that came before), as the Wright Brothers went down in history as having made the first heavier-than-air flying machine capable of sustained, controlled, level flight (which is remembered as "the first real airplane", regardless of the balloons, kites, and gliders that came before).

>SpaceX has yet to do even one monumental thing.

So being the first private company to deliver cargo to the ISS is nothing. Landing a booster that sent payload to orbit is nothing. Beating the entire world on price is nothing. And when they send astronauts back to space from an american vehicle for the first time in years it will also be nothing.

You really are a Jew of the highest order. You will be saying this same shit while riding a hyper loop and watching a live stream of SpaceX landing on mars. In the face of overwhelming evidence you still drone on and on about how SpaceX has failed to preform to your satisfaction while Blue Origin contentious to fly there shitty ass sounding rockets. I hope you enjoy your aids and die a lonely bitter death.

You know why Bezos was dredging the ocean for old rocket parts? Because he wanted to steal SpaceX designs. Your idol is a vile wicked man who treats his employees like slaves. He is so fucking cheap he makes his employees use old doors as desks. His warehouses are perpetually staffed by temps who make slaves wages and have to preform like mindless robots all day every day, they never get any insurance, he would rather fire them than offer benefits. You really think someone with that mentality is going to bring us to the stars?

SpaceX has about 10x the staff they are doing some real awesome shit. Meanwhile Bezos has about 6 times the net worth of Elon and is just doing this as a hobby, SpaceX is doing it for real.

Musk has already won.

Bezos is still playing with toy rockets in the desert. Elon is going to the moon in 2 years.

Complete delusion.

Whoops.
>pic related

Trump needs to break up Amazon with anti-trust lawsuits
While giving big contracts to SpaceX & Tesla

Fuck bezos, liberal faggot, owner of WaPo
Trump will get even

Delete this, it is offensive to my people. :P Rip tankie, we will always remember you.

The tank passed pressure tests and initial cryo tests. SpaceX has an ethos to push things in testing to see just what they will take and if you don't blow stuff up from time to time your not innovating hard enough.

The tank passed ... initial cryo tests. SpaceX has an ethos to push things in testing to see just what they will take and if you don't blow stuff up from time to time your not innovating hard enough.
Nope.
There's no indication that it was anything other than unintentional failure during the first cryo test.

>spacex fags are drumpfkins
it all makes sense now

youtube.com/watch?v=0NIeNCQFXno

Here is it being unloaded after testing.

right, after pressure tests, not the cryo test

>There's no indication that it was anything other than unintentional failure during the first cryo test.
There's no indication that it was unintentional failure. It makes perfect sense to test it to destruction, to learn both its ultimate strength and its failure mode.

The first one was only good for pressure-testing (no liner to make it compatible with liquid oxygen or the hot gaseous oxygen pressurant). They intend to make lots of these things. They can't treat them as too precious.

Remember, this isn't their first rodeo. They've been making carbon composite pressure vessels and immersing them in liquid oxygen for a while.

Why are people here so absolutely butthurt over SpaceX in general? The amount of anal-devastation in these threads is asinine, is it because people here are just contrarians in general, and because SpaceX is doing well and Musk is popular, you have to be the one dissenting voice because you think you'r'e better than all the "normies" that think what SpaceX is doing is neat?

This. Exactly this.

Elon, because the House always wins.

I despise Trump and like SpaceX, sorry to kill your narrative. In fact, I find it hard to be that anyone that is pro-space exploration or pro-science in general could be pro-Trump with what he's doing to the budgets of scientific institutions in the US.

It's because if you say this stuff, people will talk to you. Right away. They'll get emotional. They'll put effort into their responses. Instant human interaction.

Victory of the Light!

Musk orbital rocket launches: 30

Bezos orbital rocket launches: 0

Once Falcon 9 has been reused several times B.O. will have nothing on SpaceX.

I bet you were saying the same about Falcon ten years ago.

>Nope
Yup.

ding ding ding ding ding

It's the internet. Angry autists are shitting on everything they can.

And a lot of people were laughing at Musk for years. Now same people are getting told so hard the only thing they can do in response is trolling.

Win what? Are they in a sanctioned contest? Can we see results of the contest thus far?

I personally want both of them to succeed to the fullest of their abilities.

get out, none of that shit allowed in here

I can only imagine what it must feel like to have been so completely BTFO

>What is test till failure

Science as a whole.

Just imagine the butthurt if he actually sends people to Mars in next 15 years.

He won't, although he'll probably send a probe or two.

musk is a snake oil salesman with a head start
bezos is a dangerous yet practical dude.

Hard to say, but I wouldn't count bezos out

good answer

I really don't see why he wouldn't.

Tech already exists. And there will be more than enough people willing to take the risks.

>>>/reddit/

What are you talking about? Blue horizon (or whatever the fuck Bezos calls it) has landed and reused rockets already.

So much white people

I don't even remember last time Blue Origin was in the news.

But competition is always a good thing.

Musk will have his neural lace soon and then he will be unstoppable.

Not real rockets. New Shepherd is a sounding rocket, only useful for box of rocks.

>chemical propulsion systems

what other people are there?

The russians pulling out another n1 out of their ass and making it actually work is more likely than that.

Bezos has hidden his powerlevel pretty well so far. I suspect he is gonna surprise everybody with some unexpected tech project or something cool.

It's pretty clear that the hype train is fully behind Elon Musk though. I would gladly bet my life savings on SpaceX succeeding because even if I lost all my money I would have donated it to a worthy cause.

Bezos doesn't have shit
They are nowhere near a real rocket
This stuff does take time, depends how much money he's throwing at it ofc

you can't develop rockets in a hidden lab. you actually have to fly them to test them and you can't really do that in secret. they are simply far behind and they probably won't be able to cath up.

Bezos owns like 15 000 acres in texas he can do what he wants in secret. Musk is the one who makes a big show out of all his failures.

And I just googled and it's even more than 15000 it's 290 000 lmao yeah

shit, can you imagine having so much cash and resources that you can just go "fuck it, im gonna do space-shit" or whatever pops into your head?

dude, when you are bald you need to do that shit or else you get cancer

Bezos has a LOT of money,

He's just taking the time to ramp up operations. The new factory that is being constructed is ginormous

I don't really care, only good things can come from their competition.

spacex already has way bigger construction facilities
doubtful if there is a way for them to "catch up"

I see this image all the time, who is the guy in the foreground crying?

Blue Origin will eventually make a move to buy ULA from Boeing and Lockheed in 2021/2022. By that time, the ACES upper stage (which already uses Blue Origin engines) will be nearly operational.
>youtube.com/watch?v=Bu72H3jMpuY
>youtube.com/watch?v=BbZKfno1KNc
New Glen will be able to launch a fully-fueled ACES into LEO (with a reusable first stage.) Blue Origin will be able to put a Ba-330 into Lunar Orbit with only two launches.

Blue Origin is apparently designing an unmanned cargo lander for the Moon already; combined with ACES xeus, they will have full manned and unmanned lunar landing capability.

You can fully expect Bezos to be landing commercial astronauts and tourists on the Moon before 2025, possibly before ITS ever leaves the ground.

>make thread for shitting on Blue Origin/Jeff Bezos
>"why do people hate on SpaceX so much?"

Trump will give funding to Elon so the Amazon guy that dissed him and his campaign lose as much as possible.

Trump will be impeached by the end of this week.

>trump won't win the nomination
>trump won't win the general
>trump will have the shortest presidency in history
>trump will be impeached (you are here)

elon's favorite vidya is Deus Ex

he's infinitely based for that

I'm betting he's refering to any tread regarding Musk/SpaceX turning into a clusterfuck of memes and shit-throwing, by Muskriders and MuskBTFO retards alike.

>you will get to see two (2) manned Lunar missions in 2019
feels good man