Australian """Cuisine"""

>Australian """Cuisine"""

Other urls found in this thread:

baka.com.au/rugby-league/todd-carney-lewd-photo-inspires-facebook-bubbling-copycats-20140630-zsqjv.html
youtube.com/watch?v=L-mDB3eaBgo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>australian "water fountains"

please tell us more
a banger with mustard and catsup in a piece of toast can be decent food.

>mustard
>eating it inside
>no onions
>not enough tomato sauce
not even close, saged

pic related would be rad if you added cheese and onion. tomato sauce and mustard isn't enough

>Australian
>American ""mustard""

Fuck off

a classic aussie snag is a thin beef sausage on white bread with tomato sauce and grilled onions

do your research before you shitpost my lad

This guy knows what's going on.

fuck you, gunna make an excuse to go to Bunnings now you cunt.

Butter yay or nay?

Can you order these at outback steakhouse?

>that image

I've resorted to that 1000 times but never once thought to go corner to corner. Seems much better than side to side.

I can't believe no one's checked my quads yet.

Is this real?

Still looks bland and ghetto

Damn

>waits 14 minutes
>hopes a really fucking shitty garbage poster with lax morals come along

Just say you have an allergy to a food which you have no control over. Works every time.
"LOL INFERIOR GENES"
"WHEN ARE WE GOING TO CULL THESE PEOPLE?"

>tfw eating sausages in a real bun is pure ideology

it's a cheap way to feed lots of drunk people at a social gathering, and they usually sell for $1 or $2 each. Don't pretend like you wouldn't line up for one. They even serve these at polling booths at election time where we call it a "democracy sausage".

What?

yay, always yay

that is not zizek

Sausage sanga is the food of kings.

>fairy bread

you talking shit about fairy bread, cunt?

These fuckiing plebians taking shit about good food.

You can't beat a snag, sausage in white bread with sauce and onions.
You can't fucking top fairy bread.
You can't beat vegemite or marmite on toast.

next you cunts will be talking shit about baked beans on toast.

That's not free software.

baka.com.au/rugby-league/todd-carney-lewd-photo-inspires-facebook-bubbling-copycats-20140630-zsqjv.html

baked beans on toast are gay

this.

>toast
>smear some curry sauce on each slice
>add cheese
>couple strips of bacon
>smother with a big pile of baked beans

Do Auslards really do this?

Friday is finally here.

Are you cunts going to the pub tomorrow to get a bit pissed and have a feed?

Is that what you have to eat to be good at shitposting? Doesn't sound worth it.

Yis 10 buck snity

i had four of these for dinner and a late snack last night.

Why does this picture make me feel sad?

I have the 3rd one just because that's the best way to have.

aint no sanger without some fucking onions cunt

... so its a hot dog but australia hasnt developed the bun yet?

lol'd IRL

no, a sausage isn't a hotdog

you're gay

its not a hotdog because you dont know what a hotdog is

does anybody really know what a hot dog "is"

it's literally a burnt beef hot dog you daft cunt

>Canadian"""Cuisine"""

That depends on what your definition of the word "is" is.

it depends on what your definition of "hot dog" is

>big pile
i read this as pig bile and it still has the same effect

>butthurt Yanks going out of their way to shit on Commonwealth food like chip butties and sossie sangas
>all while consuming HFCS by the bucket load and passing it off as food

Stay mad seppos

You're just mad because you're subhuman.

Because it's fucking Richard Stallman man, he's depressing to even look at.

Vegemite for cunts, marmite for legends

Fuck you cunt

Marmite's for limey poof cunts, Vegemite's for true blue Aussie legends

We're the same race as you ya spastic cunt

We just look different because we don't have extra fat storage in our foreheads or liquid poo trickling down our legs

>We're the same race as you ya spastic cunt
prove it you big B with a little P

> big B with a little P

Bird-person?
Big penis?
Big pie (4u)?

Fucking butties.

fairy bread is shit m8.

oooohh mama

>... so its a hot dog but australia hasnt developed the bun yet?
>hurr everything that's a sausage is a hotdog
D-do you call a salami sandwich a hotdog also?

Serious topic, is anyone else depressed when other countries ask about our food and we have to point to shit like this. In 117 years as a nation and we can't even develop a food identity beyond cheap sausages and mass produced crap like tim tams.

And the label "modern Australian" has been overused to the point it's lost all meaning.

Our wine is good, and our seafood is alright, but none of our native ingredients are used, and I'm sure they must have some potential to be unlocked. Kangaroo seems to be relegated to meme food status.

I've been thinking a lot about opening a restaurant that highlights native food and is quintessentially Australian food, but it's a struggle

not being funny - actual genuine question

What sort of stuff would you serve? Here in Bongland we don't get anything except for the sossie sangers and stuff that probably most the commonwealth share anyway.

Memes aside - don't you guys do good bbq? I agree the wine and seafood is good too.

BBQ is exactly what I'm trying to avoid. It's embarrassing that the best we can do as a nation is BBQ meat. Imagine if British food was nothing except baked beans on toast

There's a chef down in melbourne called Ben Shewry. His restaurant has basically pioneered using native flora in cooking. I was down there a couple of months ago and one dish in particular that stood out was A roasted macadamia mash with dried saltbrush. This stuff was incredible, the saltbrush tasted like a very crunchy unsalted popcorn.

Australia has been geographically isolated for the last couple of Millenium, but so little of its potential has been explored, and it's a huge challenge to get these plants to even experiment with, let alone source commercially.

Here's another one:

Native Tasmanian tulips have a kind of subtle innate sweetness like hibiscus or honeysuckle. Paired with some tart Tasmanian goats cheese and you have a really pleasant, fresh dessert

Yep you're right, never heard of any of this. I suppose the problem is finding people open to it and expanding from there. If there's a demand it will be farmed.
Do they grow naturally/easy?

Those tulips look lush

We get dumped on in the United States by everyone else around here. I think we do just fine though. People from other parts of the world bring their dishes, and incorporate the ingredients that are common here, making it their own. We have the climate and space to grow lots of different things, and we make use of animals raised here or native to here too. On a side note, I don't think barbecue is anything to be sad about. Granted, everyone has been cooking meat over fire for a really long time, but American barbecue is considered to damn good, and I'm happy with it. You aussies probably have more challenges with your climate and location, but the novelty of your local ingredients sounds interesting, and worth trying. Can definitely be something to be proud of. Just need more people putting it out there.

I have no idea lol. I'm glad someone else is paving the way on it, because I'd probably just be eating random leaves and shit and hoping for the best. Maybe I could do some research into aboriginal culture...

A good starting point to introduce these foods are the substitute foods rather than brand new ones. Moreton bay bug > crab, Tasmanian abalone > Californian abalone, Marron > crawfish. These are all extremely important, and if more places started making these switches maybe people would begin to realise that we have this bounty to begin exploring and harvesting

American BBQ is an actual thing though. Australian BBQ is just cheap meats on a metal plate on a propane fire, with an emphasis a mass cooking for a group rather than cooking delicious food. It's more a communal thing than a food thing

Avocado on toast

>Marmite's for royality, Vegemite's for convicts

fix'd that for you

Nah cunt, Marmite's for snaggletoothed faggots, Vegemite's for the Ballarat gold miners.

>tomato sauce

yes?

It's called tomato/red sauce in Bongland too

M8 fluff bread is the best bun

So what do you call actual tomato sauce? Or is ketchup the only sauce you bongistanis use?

like sauce for pasta?

Whatever you're making, bolognese, marinara or some just call it pasta sauce

thans fa clee'rin it up m8

Hourly

Yuropoor

Obsession

Thread

This, Aussie bbq's are about being drunk in the sun with friends/family. Bag of cheap white wine in one hand, cricket bat in the other eating cheap shitty sausages on bread for Christmas lunch. Wouldn't trade it for anything else in the world but to foreigners it must seem pretty ghetto, not that I give a fuck.

Vegemite is for Aussies. Marmite's for Kiwi's and Brits.

Also Kiwi's hate British Marmite because it tastes like ass by comparison, the more you know.

Fread Fheme
youtube.com/watch?v=L-mDB3eaBgo

Who the fuck puts unsliced salami on a sandwich

I've never seen a better example of why colonialism was evil