American here. Our snack foods don't taste that great, are loaded with fats, additives, and preservatives...

American here. Our snack foods don't taste that great, are loaded with fats, additives, and preservatives, and their low prices and convenience is the main reason why two-thirds of our population are overweight.

What are snack foods in other countries like?

England

Much the same, except without the 'low prices'

bags of chips arent cheap in america either bro

those bitches are like 4.70$

Ooooo, in sweden we have Västkust chips with sourcream and onion flavour. That's westcoasts crips basically and they are sooo fucking good and they don't feel cheat and plastic like other brands

Czech Republic here.
We suffer greatly from the toxic influence of American culture re: bad foods. McDonalds and co. Snacks. etc.
All the stuff they don't want to eat in Germany gets shipped to us. (To the German chain supermarkets in central/eastern Europe).
It's pretty much as cheap and unhealthy as US. I stay away as best I can. Obesity rates are apparently the highest in Europe at 28%, but that's mostly from beer and meats rather than cheap snacks.

This shit man, a pretty mainstream brand but good ass taste

I here you we really need too band toogether and destroy america or else their going too ruin are contries

you need to go back

Why are bags of chips half full?

In before it's the Jews

>What are snack foods in other countries like?

Dyra som en neger men havsaltvinäger är bästa som finns

>pretending like other countries opinions matter
>pretending like other currencies exist besides the US Dollar
Enjoy your play money and crappy snacks

air pressure when transportating?idk

>those bitches are like 4.70$
lmao where the fuck are you buying chips m8
I just bought a family size bag of Lay's potato chips for $2. Actually, I bought two of them because they were on sale.

They make the bags big enough to fill with some air to cushion the chips during shipping so that they don't all break.

Reddit or Somalia?

>snack foods
This is the problem in a nutshell. Normal people don't eat snack foods. They're exclusively for children and fatties.

the doritos bags in the OP cost 4.29 ime. if you're really poor its not sensible to buy junk food but people do it out of laziness.

chips are always under 3 bucks...

What I notice about America versus my home country, Greece, is that you are being sold package sizes and portions that are too big than they should. I see your Walmart with cheap family size stuff, 2L bottles of soda, while we are being sold american products for half the sizes. Also I notice greek snack foods are way healthier. I understand we don't have export power like you guys do, but your companies are all about quantity and money over quality and health.
I think percentage of obesity and overweight problems would go away if there was a limit on portion sizes. And another thing is that, even here, soda is cheaper than even crappy juice, not to mention that actual healthy all natural 100% juice is a luxury for most.

What if you didn't go to cheetos/chips category and went to farmer's market or nut and dried fruit category? They are snacks too.

depends on where you live
some places have higher taxes/different pricing models on that type of thing

Instead of chips why don't you make popcorn in an air popper? You can dress it with oil that promotes good cholesterol and limit the amount of salt you add.

You could also buy unshelled peanuts. The little bit of work you do to get at the nuts will keep you from eating too many, and peanuts aren't bad for you anyhow. They're cheap.

T.juan Lopez

Croatian here. Basically we get shipped the things Poland and Czech Republic doesn't want. Our snacks are shit too.

>I think percentage of obesity and overweight problems would go away if there was a limit on portion sizes.
I doubt it. People would probably just end up buying more to make up for the smaller portions.

>soda is cheaper than even crappy juice, not to mention that actual healthy all natural 100% juice is a luxury for most.
I wouldn't really call 100% Juice a luxury here but it's true that sodas are generally cheaper than other options.

Italian/Swiss here. Packaged salty snacks in both countries suck compared to American salty snacks. I like American ones way better.

Your sweets are unanimously shit, though. Chocolates? Shit. Hard sweets? Shit. Gummi sweets? Shit. Chewy sweets/taffies? Shit. Baked sweets? Complete shit.
But goddamn, you guys make a good crisp, even if my favourite flavour (bell pepper/paprika) is generally unavailable in USica.

What're you on about? I live in the US. Juice here (yes: 100% juice) is ridiculously cheap. You can buy a jug just shy of 4l of apple juice or orange juice for only $3.99. In my home country, 1l of juice would be €1.75. That's a price difference of $3.17USD to buy the same amount of juice back home v here.

Stop talking bollocks. Fucking lying, thieving Greeks.

I always cringe how poor people buy lots of these snacks. And alcohol. And cigarettes.

But I get the impression that only people buying this cheap shit complain about poor quality of food here. It's not that hard to find quality food, but i guess I'm picky and I always spend more time shopping thanks to my autism.

And how am I supposed to know your prices, idiot? 1L quality juice costs 2.5-4.5 euro here.

>And how am I supposed to know your prices, idiot?

Are you unfamiliar with internet search engines?

You mean junk food. Why don't you make snacks out of real food, dumbass