Seriously, how can anyone even compete? and I mean ANYONE, not just writers

Seriously, how can anyone even compete? and I mean ANYONE, not just writers.
Joyce is fucking ridiculous, is absurd, his power level goes beyond everyone and everything.
Im not able of articulate how blown away I got after The Sirens and everything that goes after.
He literally went beyond music and thats just one little part of the book.
And then he goes and drops Finnegans Wake like if it wasnt enough with this.
Is Joyce the ultimate genius? the endgame of humanity, consciousness and being?
Ulysses and Finnegans Wake are what the internet was supposed to be but failed.
They are a protean mirror to the self, everything beyond and all the shapes time can give to it.
How do you think being inside Joyce's head was like?

Other urls found in this thread:

culture.vg/features/art-theory/on-the-genealogy-of-art-games.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Saved for future use. Thanks, brother.

?

I have'nt read it yet, thanks for ask

Read Shakespeare and then come back to this thread. Joyce is playing on easy mode in comparison.

user, there are many more things between heaven and earth than your mere shitposting.

I probably completely butchered that reference, but who the hell cares.

You only like him because Veeky Forums told you to, anyway.

I've never read Joyce, but this thread has confirmed that I don't need to.

What?

Read him, it's definitely worth it. Just don't believe a word this board has to say about him, whether it's praise or criticism.

DESHIL HOLLES EAMUS. DESHIL HOLLES EAMUS. DESHIL HOLES Eamus.
Send us, bright one, light one, Horhorn, quickening and wombfruit. Send us, bright one, light one, Horhorn, quickening and wombfruit. Send us bright one, light one, Horhorn, quickening and wombfruit.

Hoopsa, boyaboy, hoopsa! Hoopsa, hoyaboy, hoopsa! Hoopsa, boyaboy, hoopsa.

Universally that person's acumen is esteemed very little perceptive concerning whatsoever matters are being held as most profitable by mortals with sapience endowed to be studied who is ignorant of that which the most in doctrine erudite and certainly by reason of that in them high mind's ornament deserving of veneration constantly maintain when by general consent they affirm that other circumstances being equal by no exterior splendour is the prosperity of a nation more efficaciously asserted than by the measure of how far forward may have progressed the tribute of its solicitude for that proliferent continuance which of evils the original if it be absent when fortunately present constitutes the certain sign of omnipollent nature's incorrupted benefaction. For who is there who anything of some significance has apprehended but is conscious that that exterior splendour may be the surface of a downwardtending lutulent reality or on the contrary anyone so is there inilluminated as not to perceive that as no nature's boon can contend against the bounty of increase so it behoves every most just citizen to become the exhortator and admonisher of his semblables and to tremble lest what had in the past been by the nation excellently commenced might be in the future not with similar excellence accomplished if an inverecund habit shall have gradually traduced the honourable by ancestors transmitted customs to that thither of profundity that that one was audacious excessively who would have the hardihood to rise affirming that no more odious offence can for anyone be than to oblivious neglect to consign that evangel simultaneously command and promise which on all mortals with prophecy of abundance or with diminution's menace that exalted of reiteratedly procreating function ever irrevocably enjoined?

stop making shitty copypastas

I prefer Nabokov desu

your post is a part of this board, moron.

I'm the only sensible person here though.

lol

He cant really compete

Why prose of Joyce makes us cry in awe? Because he was great writer! Repeat! Because he was great writer!

What did he mean by this

He was tryna do when Hamlet schooled Horatio about knowledge.

>He literally went beyond music
What is this supposed to mean?

>How do you think being inside Joyce's head was like?

It's true. Gibberish or cold clear water, the choice is yoirs

Rude

A challenger appears

Joyce was arguably the greatest wordsmith of all time, but definitely not the greatest thinker.

Also,
>Ulysses and Finnegans Wake are what the internet was supposed to be but failed.
What did he mean by this?

If you dont get what I mean by that then you dont get Joyce at all.

care to explain?

he doesnt even know what hes trying to say there

I get Joyce, but I don't think you get the internet.

Why don't you fucking try and explain yourself you vague motherfucker

He's surely the candidate for "most-skilled". But sadly he arose in a post-Revolution culture. So there was no unity of style and clarity to follow. Hierarchy in art had already been blown apart before he was even born.

We name Shakespeare for good reason. Praise Nietzsche.

Don't think about it too much user

Why do you assume that unity of style makes someone a better artist? Consistency may be important at times, but don't you think an ability to create diverse effects demonstrates greater artistry?
>Hierarchy in art had already been blown apart before he was even born.
What?

Underrated desu
Nie ma ucieczki przed gęba, anonie.

take your time answering, oh wise master of literature

culture.vg/features/art-theory/on-the-genealogy-of-art-games.html

if you want just skip to the bit about painting/traditional arts.

I'm writing a Hentai with writing that shits on Joyce's.

Does it include vore. Please say it includes vore.

I wonder what reading Joyce translated into other languages is like

Can any anons report?

Ulysess in spanish is fucking hell

seconded.
It's not without significance that Derrida held them in great esteem.

Is that some kind of allusion?

that post confirms you never FINISHED Joyce.

No

>irish scatologist degenerate hack
>seconded by Jack, what the fuck am i even writing, Derrida

the man's singularly passable work is that of a love letter describing the way farts escape out his fat whore's asshole when he fucks her,

and even there we find no discernible talent

apropos of growth,
there is not a single opposer in the entire, shit eating thread.

this board has devolved since i last infused max and freddy into its shrinking testicles.

the faggots have mobilized.

le kys

Not planned. It does have a lot of rape, guro, et cetera in it. It's being written to make you sympathize with the perpatrators.

Trips of truth.
Joyce was superior in his prose stylism, but thematically, in character development, psychology, insight, and clarity he falls short of his peers. Woolf will make you feel naked down to your soul. Faulkner will say something that will stick in your mind for weeks, because of WHAT he said, and not how he said it. Dostoyevsky will reach through every barrier of apathy and self-loathing and touch your heart in a way that makes you almost embarrassed that you're not as good as you should be.
frankly, that's what I prefer in an author.

No. Please include vore. Please.

lol'd @ your nostalgia

wym

lmfao

>But sadly he arose in a post-Revolution culture.
He lived through British rule and the formation of an Irish free state, so very much a then-revolution culture.

Can i even say that i read him, if i only read Ulysses in russian?

underrated

Fuck off, Bloom.

Have you seen his face? Joyce looked so goofy - even more so when he was young - I'm convinced he faked his diary so people would think he tapped the pussy, but he must have been a massive virgin and an autist too. Getting a random handjob in the middle of the day on a public street and cumming on her hand? Pussy farts? What the fuck. My gf won't even blow me. Goofy motherfucker Joyce.

"The opening paragraphs are the most difficult part of the episode to decipher initially because their word order is determined by the original Latin. This super-literal translation of passages from Tacitus and Sallust exalts birth, using the Celts as an example of a people who values childbirth and the institutions that support it, such as maternity hospitals."

Stateczny, pulchny Buck Mulligan wynurzył si z wylotu
schodów, niosąc mydlaną pianę wmiseczce, na której leżały skrzy-
żowane lusterko ibrzytwa. Żółty, nie przewiązany szlafrok powiewał
za nim lekko włagodnym, porannym powietrzu. Uniósł wysoko
miseczkę izaintonował:
– Introibo ad altare Dei.

Hirvittävä tapaus se General Slocumin räjähdys. Hirvittävää, hirvittävää! Tuhat loukkaantunutta. Ja sydäntä riipaisevia näytelmiä. Miehet tallasivat naisia ja lapsia jalkoihinsa. Tavattoman brutaali juttu. Minkä ne sanovat syyksi? Itsesytytys: varsin skandaalimainen paljastus. Ei yksi ainoakaan pelastusvene uinut ja paloletkut olivat kaikki halki. Mitä minä en ymmärrä niin miten tarkastajat milloinkaan ovat voineet sallia että sellainen laiva… Tepä sen sanoitte, herra Crimmins. Tiedättekö miksi? Voitelua. Onko se totta? Ei epäilystäkään. Vai niin, ajatella. Ja Amerikkaa sanotaan vapauden maaksi. Minä ajattelin että me täällä olemme pahoja.

Minä hymyilin hänelle. Amerikka, minä sanoin, rauhallisesti, juuri tuolla lailla. Mikä se on? Jätteet kaikista maista mukaan luettuna meidän oma maamme. Eikö se ole niin? Se on tosisasia.

did anyone ever tell you that ur gay?

I love my boy Faulkner but he mostly excelled at subtext, prose and characterization, he writes about classic Greek tragedy stuff.

>My gf won't even blow me.

i'm sorry for your loss you should try finding a new one that shit is unacceptable

Stately, fatass Buck Mulligan came waddlin' on the stairs, big ass bowl in his hans wit shavin shit in it. A pussy ass bathrobe or sum shit was fluttrin round by the windo. Fattie picked up the bowl:

-- Blah blah some pig latin gay shit.

Then the fatass lookin down da stairs, yells again:

-- Come up bitch! Come up you pussy ass faggot!

Lardass walked to a railin. Be dancin aroun in a circle like jesus. He spies the nigga Deadlis and throws up some gang signs. Deadlis ty'yad as fuck an looks up at the fatass thinkin why da fuk dis horse-faced bitch be screamin bout jesus 8 in the morn'? It aint even ihop day

There are two translations for Ulisses in portuguese. The first one, done by a portuguese, came out in the 80's and it was the one I read. Then a new one came in 2010 I think and is considered the best. It was made by a brazillian.

I browsed it. It had those brazilian portuguese quirks that we portuguese can't really stand.

Portrait of The Artist as a Young Man is a pretty straightforward novel; the translation I read was ok. I read them when I was a teenager and amazon wasn't a thing bck then, if it were today I'd probably have procured the original version of Portrait.

Joyce was a normie. If you ever talk to Irish people, their life purpose is fucking, as it was wirh Joyce.

Thomas Hardy>Joyce
George Eliot>Joyce
Herman Melville>Joyce

Joyce > Shakespare > Cervantes

Old farts will be mad.

nothing wrong with being a normie
wrong

>mfw all you Joyce cucks realize that Proust is the greatest artist who ever lived
not only in his thinking and didactic literature but prose craftsmanship as well

I've read two brazilian translations and they're both goat, and I also read the original.
What's the portuguese translation?

Joyce = Cervantes > Rabelais = Chaucer > Marlowe = Shakespeare

anglos are actually autists Joyce gets a pass cus he's irish so bascially a nigger

Nah you're wrong he totally could

only field this niqqa beats joyce is in the fetish one, farts are normier than watching mice be killed