ITT you post your bookshelf and we guess your major

ITT you post your bookshelf and we guess your major

Other urls found in this thread:

g.sicp.me/books/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>buying books

Pleb.

OH WOW THIS ONE IS SO HARD. LET ME GUESS YOU ARE AN ART MAJOR, HUH ?

EE+Physics dual major.

And no pic cuz I'm not even on CC now until summer, ayy.

I'm an extreme autist who likes flipping through a physical book and gathering a collection on my shelf.

No one will ever guess.

There is also Vollhardt's Organic chemistry textbook on my desk.

Theoretical physics

>no Basic Mathematics

how is it to have a shitty foundation

here's what's on it right now

Psychology right? :^)
Those are some pretty great books there, at least the one's I've read (Aluffi, Schlichemair, BBS) I've liked a lot.

All the foundational stuff is there.

"Advanced Calculus" is your typical undergrad analysis

"Topology" is your typical undergrad topology (although it is written in a very unique way)

"Complex Analysis" while a graduate textbook, contains everything found in an undergrad book

"Linear Algebra" is again your typical upper-level undergrad book

As for Abstract Algebra, Aluffi is such a complete reference that keeping around a lower level text is unnecessary.

I have one book on my bookshelf:
"How to Scam College Students Into Buying Textbooks" by Won P. Sent

+Pure Math OR you could be self-taught?
Mathematical Biology?
Seeing your Game Theory book is confusing me desu.
Fugg
Mathematical Physics?????
CStist that loves filesharing.

>infinite jest at the end

lol fuck off

for

>Fugg
>Mathematical Physics?????

I do condensed matter / biophysics stuff now but yeah for a while I was doing mathematical HEP

:^) what can i say

Gee idk could it be...wait wait don't tell me let me guess first. Are you EE by any chance?

You definitely appear to be a math person with interests in physics rather than vice versa. No physicist would only be interested in QFT, gauge theory, and string theory -- the exact areas of physics geometers and topologists are interested in.

Patrician as fuck. I would guess you are a theoretical physics guy, who had a passing interest in modern and postmodern lit in undergrad (you've got all the standards but nothing obscure).

Nice.
But why no more entry level books?
Say, mechanics, more analysis, topology and sets&logic.

ayyy i've got that calc book

>ayyy i've got that calc book
early transcendentals? good book, huh

Tons of sysadmin books here, few older assembly ones,K&R,and the brainlet tier math books on the shelf.
Love to read physical books.

>mechanics
I really only interested in physics that intersects Algebraic Geometry. I took your standard mechanics courses a while ago, but didn't keep any books.

>more analysis
don't like analysis

>topology
The book I have has everything you could want to know about general topology. I never learned Differential Topology (aside from the standard topological facts on smooth manifolds). As for algebraic topology, higher homotopy doesn't interest me and cohomology is discussed in multiple ways through some of my other books.

>sets&logic
Aside from the naive set theory needed to do pretty much all math, I don't care.

THIS

g.sicp.me/books/

Kedeligt. Faglitteratur? really?

Gee, I wonder what you might be working on...

How do you afford all those books though?

Det som engang var,

~85% of these books are used copies, some where presents from family (ie. Gravitation), and some were given to me (ie. QFT books). I also make money as a research assistant and teaching assistant. But, these are only the nicest things I have in my life, since I do is work and research.

Can you guess what I do work in?

> Griffiths' 'Introduction to Electrodynamics'
> Not Wangness' 'Electromagnetic Fields'

Reading from a physical book is better for memory retention

Not the best pic, but you can make out most of the titles.

Burger flipping

Kob bogerne på engelsk, svans.

>Introduction

Please don't bully me

Get a shelf

I actually just got one!
Sorry for shit quality

a small sampling

rate my book shelf

I can't fit my bookshelf in one shot. This one room has about 200 books in it, and there are multiple rooms like this, plus several boxes in the basement.

How do you guys afford all these books. I get a few but with this much it would cost alot.

I buy all mine used from goodwills and other thrift type stores online

I check abebooks regularly for books I want to own. Eventually I'll find them cheap unless they're either rare or very high level.

>tfw too poor to buy books

Always ponder about stealing from libraries though, but I'm not black.

those aren't books, get out.

Many of the books were given to me: Taylor's general theory of functions, Spanier, Lang's algebraic numbers, both Rudins, Hicks's differential geometry, Greub, D'Inverno, Wald, Armstrong.
The two copies of quantum fields and strings is because the seller mislabeled volume 2 as volume 1.

Looking for roommates? :P

Maybe this time

Umm, I was just about to point out how that guy reeks of being a sophomore. Instead I discovered a piece of trash freshman.

Masters in Statistics, actually. Though there's really only one book that's related, and it's from my undergrad.

Left most of the books from my Bsc at my parents'

Self punishment 300k starting psychotic

Good luck.

infinite jest next to gravity's rainbow

Oh no... it's retarded :((

Theoretical cosmology, or some kind of gravity research applied to cosmology.

You never know :^)

Librarian?

>he doesn't liquify his books and store them in jars

you got two years into some electrical/comp Eng program, found out it was a lot more difficult than Veeky Forums led on, and switched to history?

Close. Other way around. Came to my senses about a history/lit degree after wasting a year of my life, am now on year 2 of EE.

Took some extra CS courses that I didn't need too, because the advisers at my school are fucking idiots.

They aren't idiots matey, don't trust advisors. I don't know how your school works but mine provides me with a nice pdf of every class I need to graduate. Those faggot ass advisors just want to make the schools more money.

my favorite is the red one in the middle

>those meme books at the bottom
ell emm ayyy oh

really makes me think.

computer science

>algebra 1
>algebra 2
>the will to power
topkek

autism

>tesla
pleb

Oh, I got a printout. Straight from the engineering advising office.

It was out of date by over a year.

I'm a better programmer for it, at least.

>Quantum mechanics
>Neural networks and brain function
>Connectionism and the mind
>The construction of social reality
>Sigmund Freud

Get back to

hmm this is a hard one i have no idea
kys op this was just an excuse to show off your cool ass shelf

not all books are digitized faggo

nice meme friendo :^)

lol we had a seminar on the gauge gravity duality book

You never guess.

loser?

medical biology?

>algebra chapter 0
>buying meme books

You'll never guess mine.

what kind of plebs buy books these days

No. A stoner.

>tfw I fell for the meme and read Aluffi
At least I didn't pay for a copy of the thing.

Just use Mac Lane if you really need categories in your elementary algebra guys.

>physical books

bet you "people" still write cursive and do math on a piece of dead tree

People that actually read them instead of just download intending to read later and never do, faggot.

x999

Good books in advanced math or physics take months or even years to fully understand. Buying them is worth it if you'll be spending that much time with them. Downloading them is just for evaluating their usefulness to you before buying.

>not buying books intending to read them but never doing so
get on my level

>tfw hate working through e-books
>tfw I could print the e-book on an inkjet, xerox it five times and glue the spine with my cum and still get a better quality product than modern GTMs

True.

I would have never read works of Voltaire and Boethius had I was not given physical copies of them as a gift. If works like a charm.

You'll never guess!

Australian weeaboo.

Advanced Fapping To Little Girls

theoretical physics?

Historian

Good luck faggots

>The construction of social reality
>Thinking John Searle is some radical post-modernist or anti-realist philosopher
The book is about social norms. While Searle certainly isn't "hard science", his work is well reasoned, plausible, empirically sound, and relevant to social sciences, psychology, cognitive science, and occasionally comes up in work on game theory and related subjects.

Cognitive Science?

>>Connectionism and the mind
>>The construction of social reality

>Paranormal

Your bait is leaking m8

>that pipboy
>he actually did buy it

Please share your library

Is university physics better than Halliday?