ITT: Disappointments

ITT: Disappointments

This thread.

What the fuck is that op? Looks like dice

It's dragonfruit. Looks amazing but tastes like nothing.

An expensive pear

Bland as fuck

Tried it on 2 occasions and it was meh at best. It's just kind of greasy and doesn't have a particularly interesting or different taste. Kinda just tastes like melted fat. I'd prefer butter to be honest.

You spread it on rye it's basically butter

Chipotle

Knew it. Not spending $4 on that. The description says it's like a lame kiwi

>dragonfruit
Sounds badass too

Taste the Dragon, be the Dragon

his grandfather never made eggplant parmigana from scratch

try the red ones, much tastier!

Yes, and with more peeps than flesh inside. What a waste.

I'm aware that you put it on toast or bread. That doesn't mean it wasn't disappointing. Also it doesn't taste anything like butter. In what way, other than it being eaten by smearing it on a piece of bread is it like butter? It was relatively bland to me.

That's an insult to kiwis.

mi negrito

deep fry it and it's really tasty

Marrow seems more like an ingredient to mix with food rather than eat alone.

Literally this. Looks cool as fuck but tastes like nothing.

I realized when I was 26 that I could have any kind of cereal I ever wanted, that my mom would never buy for me as a kid.. Cookie Crisp. Cookies for breakfast. Tiny cookies inside of a cereal box, that were made to be poured into a bowl, drowned in milk, and eaten with a spoon.. This cereal was my unicorn.
I guess I'm glad to have finally had them, but it was not at all what I had imagined it to be.

why don't you just add realy cookies to milk and eat it like cereal?

???

These are great though, ridiculously juicy

That's some Star Trek looking fruit right there

These were okay to me as a kid, revolting to me as an adult. The cookies have a slight stale taste and texture to me, makes it not worth the $4 or $5 bucks that could have been spent on Fruit Loops or Captain Crunch

>Captain Crunch

it has a really light sweet flavor especially near the skin but you have to take REAL good care of it and grow it at home

Worth it

At the end of the day, just a bland white cake made with cheap ingredients and too tall to portion correctly

i always see pics of "fit" vegan bitches where they have goops and goops of this shit poured on a bowl of 348934840 fruits and oatmeal and vegan ice cream
always looks disgusting

I actually put Time Magazine Person of the Year 2004 on my resume just to see if the employer actually reads it

Kimchi.

I am seriously trying to like this stuff but it has yet to grow on me. It just tastes completely rancid. I had a small jar over the course of a week and it's just not clicking for me.

Gays are negative contributors to humanity and should be summerly executed

>summerly

>white ones look weirder so they're the only one people want
>can't find the red one anywhere

it sucks

You are supposed to use it for broth not eat it. I usually give the bonen onmy dogs when its done cooking.

george w bush? get off /v/.

i like adding it to stir fry, eating it cold feels nasty but its good when its hot

i prefer the white ones by a large margin,reds are way too sweet

Like a shitty undercooked chewy chicken.

I tried google and some website suggested a kimchi grilled cheese. Now, I hate it (because I'm trying to find a way to like this stuff) but goddamn it was laborious and I didn't want to waste food.

I'll give that a shot but part of my attempt to like kimchi is keeping the probiotic portions of it intact. That means avoiding cooking the healthy bacterial flora out of it.

Gays are extremely positive in that they detract from the wildly uncontrolled birthrate. The chemistry of this planet is not infinite, user.

Maybe yours was actually rancid. Kimchi tastes more like a pickling to me. Like asian spiced sauerkraut.

this indeed

Dude, baba ganoush. Or the romanian version of eggplant spread: eggplant broiled over open flame, chopped onions, sunflower oil.

I made one of those, but like an American flag.

It took half a day to make (with instant cake mix) and while everyone was impressed, it was just a bland yellow cake.

chekked
idiots.

Was hyped so much. Food is so bland i feel like i can make a better burrito at home.

It's surprising how much it tastes and looks like chicken, has the texture of over cooked beef though

I really wanted to like it, but it tastes like feet. maybe i'm a pleb or didn't get a good brand?

did you let it get to room temp?

yeah, does it taste better cold or something?

>he doesn't like feet

Decent donuts, but not worth the traffic jams, 2 hour waits, radio hosts not shutting about them on every station, and general hype when they first opened a store in Denver. It's a fucking donut.

Fuck you got big toes.

This. Krispy Kreme is the epitome of overrated

Okay, kiwano melon's not bad. It actually tastes mildly of either fresh bananas or kiwi.

Dragon fruit, on the other hand, literally tastes like nothing. If I had a glass of pear juice or kiwano juice, I could guess the fruit. It would taste like juice. Dragonfruit juice would taste like VERY lightly sweetened water.

Only places with uncontrolled birthrates are Niggerland and Souteast Asia though. Europe has negative birthrates across the board which they need to prep up with potentially dangerous muslims. Don't talk out of your ass.

some things are not meant to travel outside of the country they were born in. dragonfruit is one of those. in a humid, sweltering third world tropical market it is the most refreshing thing ever. anywhere else it is just a tastless fruit with a meme name.

Alligator meat is on my bucket list, along with ostrich and snake and a couple others I can't remember. Where can I find this stuff?

What the fuck is this.

George Bush surely you've got better things to do with your time than shitpost on Veeky Forums

>summerly

you are a negative contributor to humanity

Life

Oregamo

Brie on a toasted onion bagel with some grapes is a really good breakfast. Maybe you didnt eat the brie with the right sides?

Overrated, sure. But still one of the best widely available frosted donuts out there. So good when still hot.

It's someone with a well formed extra finger tucking their thumb. Polydactyly.

That's photoshopped though. The ring finger is duplicated and you can see a distortion on the right side of the hand.

Figs. They're like grapes but shite

I had some cabbage left over so I tried it. Pickled it and left it to ferment about 3-4 days in the kitchen, it tasted absolutely disgusting.

You used the wrong cabbage and didn't include the proper additions

I pickled it in salty water for like an hour or whatever, I can't remember. I may or may not have used bokchoi with it.

Then I mixed it with chilli paste and whatever the recipe said. There are like hundreds of recipes online, very similar.

News flash: rotting food is an acquired taste.

>I pickled it in salty water for like an hour or whatever

You're supposed to put the cabbage in salt ONLY. The idea is to draw OUT the water, not add more.

And once you're done making it it takes a few weeks before it's ready to eat.

Florida, any tourist-oriented beach bar will sell fried alligator for an exorbitant price.
If you go to certain areas of Louisiana/Mississippi they have it in more "authentic" dishes but it's not especially good there either.

That's all very well but most of the recipes I looked at online said it only needed a few days, and said after soaking in salty water you squeeze the moisture out, which I did. I could have improved on my method obviously but I don't believe the difference in a little less moisture would turn disgusting food in to delicious food.

It's more of a "tried it once" kind of thing to me.

So, you did everything wrong and somehow that's the kimchi's fault.

Stick to pre-processed garbage, you're useless in the kitchen.

>ostrich
In the UK we have a few grocery chains that do more rare meats.
>crocodile
>ostrich steaks / burgers
>wild boar
>horse
>kangaroo

>So, you did everything wrong
If I googled for 3 kimchi recipes right now, I am quite confident that they will say the following things

>soak the cabbage in salty water
>drain well
>add the chilli and whatever else
>leave for 3-7 days before eating

>everybody is wrong except me
Well this is Veeky Forums, so whatever.

>but I don't believe the difference in a little less moisture would turn disgusting food in to delicious food.

Well of course you don't. You've only attempted the dish once and that was a failure so clearly you don't know much about it.

that's hilarious

I actually like it, it's refreshing and subtle. Sucks that it's so expensive. I'd love to try the red one.

>bad cabbage kimchi recipes. Kimchi sucks.

Did you even look at Maangchi's recipe? She doesn't "soak in salted water." She wets the cabbage and sprinkles it with salt, which is what my Korean waifu does. Stop being stupid. It can improve your life.

How do I post a picture of my life ?

It's more like a bad pear.

Florida, and the gulf coast of Louisianna, Mississippi, and Alabama. Florida is probably the most prominent one though.

Post a cute selfie. :3

Kimchi is actually pretty hard to make and it has surprisingly many ingredients that are mostly hard to get in western countries. I love that stuff, but I never dared to make it myself and I make Sauerkraut regularly. Also 3-4 days is no where near enough and proofs that you have no clue on the subject.

I have eaten it but not as a main dish, just as something extra that comes with the meat and I realty like it.

I'm gonna use this idea, thanks mate.

This. Tried this shit today as I'm in Vietnam right now and it came with breakfast. Bland as fuck.

This is also bland

Not in a stir fry it isn't

Are you just trying to find pictures of unique fruit? Have you even had this before? I had some in Costa Rica, this stuff is really good.

I bought one of these when I was in Mexico and never really knew what to do with it

Tried one a few weeks ago, basically just a huge weirdly shaped grape. They're not bad, but definitely not interesting.