How the fuck do you cook fried fish Veeky Forums. I tried frying it in a pan with oil but it was salty as fuck...

How the fuck do you cook fried fish Veeky Forums. I tried frying it in a pan with oil but it was salty as fuck. I just wanna try it once.

Also, seafood general.

Do you wanna cook a fry a fish?
What kind of fish?
How did frying make it salty?

Can you even boil water?

I live in a pretty decent sized city up on the mountains of North Carolina. How do I get good and fresh fish on the cheap hundreds of miles away from the ocean?

It was dried with salt probably. I just put oil in a pan, heated it, and then cooked the fish.

>cooking cooked food
>frying makes it salty

If you mean: "how do you fry fish"

Lightly bread it or dip in batter if you prefer, fry in oil. Alternatively don't bread or batter and fry in light amount of oil in pan until flaky and tender and opaque.

If you mean: "how do you cook fish"

See above, also option to grill, roast, broil, depending on what you like and are going for. This is really vague.

If you mean: "how do I cook fish without it being so salty"

Stop using so much salt.

If you mean "how do I cook dried fish"

You would either reconstitute it in water which would help dilute the sodium (though it would still be salty) and then cook it or don't, because I'm pretty sure those kinds of ingredients are meant to be used more like a flavoring or seasoning or something to make a broth and not to be eaten alone.

If you mean something else:

You should have done an edit or follow up.

You don't. You get it frozen.

You tried frying baccala you fuckin' stunad

Damn. The frozen fish in the store is so damn expensive.

Oh shit, I realized my error, I meant DRIED fish

Dried fish are generally used in Asian cooking as condiments/"highlights" within other dishes; not as meals unto themselves.

I live in Illinois, thousands of miles from the ocean but only tens of miles from the closest lake, try going fishing.

neat thanks user

This is bait.

No, I mean you're literally supposed to catch fish with it.

I HATE IT

Hijacking thread, my mom bought 13 bucks of rockfish (??) and she is notorious for overcooking any kind of meat dish that isn't native to her.

Since this shit was so expensive, I want to make it nice instead of just frying it with some butter and lemon juice

Any recommendations?

Oil fish all over its body, Season fish with desired seasoning lightly covering inside and outside, i use old bay, place a little bit of butter inside the fish, or ontop of filet, Make sure vents lowest in grill are open Stack 40 briquettes of charcoal, wait 15 min, push to one side of the grill, add fish opposite the hot coals, cook 10 min per side, add an extra briquette or two onto the hot coals before adding the lid and bam good fucking fish

>anime avatar
>frankly adorable levels of retardation

>avatar
fuck off to where ever you're from

I've been meaning to try fish on the grill for once. I think I'll go for it.

Also it isn't a whole fish but just a few filets

I think he means salted dry fish, like cod portuguese style, the kind you rehidrate before cooking, not the asian kind. You have to put it in water for a few days, changing the water everyday until it's rehidrated and not as salty, as for cooking it you can do whatever, common ways are just boiling it with potatoes and green vegetables (cabbage, cauliflower, carrots usually) then seasoned with garlic olive oil( minced garlic added to olive oil). You can also grill it or do it in the oven like any other fish

Don't grill fillets. Grill whole fish, or steaks cut from a large fish.

If you do grill filets and are worried about stìcking than just wrap in tin foil and continue with the same instruction i gave you before for grilling