I dont want to carry my calculator around anymore.. looking for pocket-sized book of logarithm tables.. where to buy?

i dont want to carry my calculator around anymore.. looking for pocket-sized book of logarithm tables.. where to buy?

is that a book of logarithm tables in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?

i will only be happy to see you only if you seggest to me a book of logarithm tables that will fit in my pocket. otherwise get the fuck out of my face.

this is funny both because nobody talks to mathematicians but also because there's no such thing as a happy mathematician

really very clever 10/10

Literally just print your own

and what, i dont know how to do book binding

you can just google it on your smart phone. When I'm sitting at the computer and I need to add two numbers that are too big to do in my head, I just type it in the google bar.

fuck off i'd just use the calculator brick if that were the only alternative

>trying to do logarithms in the alaskan wilderness 400 miles from nearest cell tower
>"oh i'll just look that up on my smartphone"
a truly great contribution, thanks

Somebody repost the greentext of the physics student refusing to use MatLab in class and trying to use a slide rule instead.

oh my god

i have a calculator watch it just only does +,-,x,/

there are places that do that for you. and it will definitely be cheaper than buying your own book

alright thanks i guess i would consider that

Autism 101

>requiring internet for looking up logarithms
what? user, your phone calculator can just tell you the logarithm, you know? And what the hell are you gonna do with the book?
>Oh I need the logarithm or 43.5, let's just search in this tome for the right answer instead of just taking my phone and calculating it

shit, those motherfuckers will print whole textbooks from pirated PDFs I send them. they don't give a fuck

i know id said i dont want to carry my calculator but you know what? i dont want to carry none smartphone neither

>i dont want to carry none smartphone neither
Maybe is more your style, partner.

simpley blepic

If you want to go full autist, algebra would suit you much more than calculating dumb logarithms.

Or just go the hard mode and learn the algorithm used to calculate a logarithm.

yeah that's my aim exactly so i'd still need the tables to do the f:Z->R+ by f(x) = e^x isomorphism

>wanting to be a hipster in 2017
>not carrying a slide rule

yep a situation i can def relate to.

Planning on updating TempleOS anytime soon, Terry?

TOP FUCKING KEK

I second this motion.

>not just using a log slide rule