How do I maximize comfiness while reading? Aka position tips, etc

How do I maximize comfiness while reading? Aka position tips, etc.

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/gp/product/154037162X/ref=x_gr_w_bb?ie=UTF8&tag=x_gr_w_bb_ca-20&linkCode=as2&camp=15121&creative=330641
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I
>start on my back
>sit up
>role onto stomach with pillow for support

When I'm drunk I
>read at my desk in a chair
>cry violently
>pass out

i have a selection of different sized buttplugs i put in for different types of books and for different authors

5 minutes sitting, 5 minutes standing, rinse and repeat.

Which author/book warrants the biggest plug?

I find that crying tends to come easily to me when drunk. I really don't understand 'angry drunks'. If anything I'm typically a happy/cheerful drunk, but when I get to be a sad drunk... fuck. Good Will Hunting. Made me cry like a little bitch. First time I watched it as an adult, I was hammered, and that whole "It's not your fault" thing just... destroyed me.

anything by virginia woolf, because the intense pain is the only thing that can keep me awake

will the trumps bring back aristocracy?

Bump

Just kill yourself, senpai. It is better that way.

Lay reposed across your chaise lounge and have a servant hold the book while another one turns the pages.

It looks like Satan believes so.

I lay in my bed with a stack of pillows to keep my head up, since otherwise the blood flow to my head and position of the pages above my head would be very jarring. That or in my recliner, the same way basically.

Predictable and lame

>Please allow me to introduce myself...

Sit pillow is essential senpai. Also good pajamas.

I bought a comfy armchair to read. I also switch between laying on my back and laying on my belly on my bed.

I also read a lot on the train, sitting normally without any problem.

What are the most comfy places to read out side of home? (considering I live in a big city)

Public transportation like train or bus is always amazing but rides are not long enough to be considered comfy.

There is no small café near my house and all the cafés near my university are full of loud and annoying students. There's also a nice tea house where technology is banned (so no computers/phones, meaning no annoying students) but it's really crowded and it's hard to find somewhere to sit sometimes.

Libraries are great but I'm trying to find something new.

Parks are nice, or if your city is near water then a waterfront bench is good too.
I sit on my flat's small balcony or the somewhat sheltered front steps when I want some fresh air while reading but I'm too lazy to go anywhere.

Just change position when you're uncomfortable. I can sit in a chair at a desk and read for at least an hour at a time. In bed I switch between lying on my back and my stomach.

It's nigh impossible to read in bed and be comfortable

he has to clean the white house toilets.

Are you retarded?

Invest in an annual ticket of a museum of your choice. It's usually quiet, there's plenty of comfy seats, and no one urges you to buy anything, so you can loiter around as much as you please. I've already seen a couple of people sitting and reading in the halls between the galleries.

The view is great up on the edge of your local huge abandoned artificial lake. The sky is broad there and the wind will hug you and drown the streets' din.

What do you mean your city does not feature a huge abandoned artificial lake?... What kind of shithole do you live in?

I thought america is already ruled by aristocracy:v

On an Eames chair with Dogo.

i dont usually read a lot outside, because if i were to do it i need to be in a safe environment like having my back and sides against tall covers. My senses are kinda down when i am reading properly and i dont feel safe.

kek

I usually sit on a comfy seat in the subway and go from one final stop to the other and back, with my semester ticket.
I put my bag on my lap so the book is higher and I don't have to bend down as much.

>It's nigh impossible to read in bed and be comfortable

I get way too tired and want to pass out in 20 minutes if I'm reading in bed; even if I'm loving the book.

I don't know how some user do it.

I live in Canada and winter is coming, it's a bit too cold to read outside right now.

Good idea, I already visit museums quite often, I'm gonna try that.

I live in a first world country so my lakes are usually full of water. It will be a good idea for next summer.

is Frasier the most Veeky Forums television show?

>Winter is coming
That it is, though if I still lived in Fort McMurray I'd probably be saying that it's already here. I actually recall once waiting for the bus downtown near the PB (What we called the Public Building/Municipal Building). There were others waiting as well, but hiding away in a niche in a couple nearby storefronts to try and stay out of the heavy snow that was coming down, as well as the wind. Perhaps it was how well bundled up I was with the big warm coat that covered even my nose, as well as the hoods, and the warm gloves, but I just stood there by the bus stop sign, head down, reading my novel.

It was probably either Sharpe's Fury or Sharpe's Battle. More than likely the former, or possibly the one before it. I definitely recall it being the Sharpe's series though. For some reason, standing there like a dummy in the middle of the snow and wind, brushing away snow flakes as they gathered on my book, I felt a particular surge of pride and sense of 'Canadianness'. Anyways, obviously wasn't particularly comfy (was likely colder than -20C, potentially even below -25), but didn't seem to be bothered at the time. Under normal circumstances, I probably wouldn't be able to do that so casually.

Personally, I find the best time to read is when there's literally nothing you can do but wait. On the bus? Read. Waiting for a prescription? Read. Waiting for the bus? Read. Waiting for an appointment? Read. An occasion in which you're basically doing something, but have to wait before it can be done, is the most 'comfy' time for me to read. It's like multi-tasking; you're patiently waiting to reach your destination or for something that needs to be done to get done, and also getting some reading done. Perfect; better than twiddling your thumbs. Also, pubs. If I go to a pub alone and it's nice and quiet, I break out my book; I never leave home without a book. I think some people look down at reading in bars/pubs/taverns/etc. for some reason, but I don't care. A book in one hand and a pint of beer (preferably Guinness) in the other? Heaven...

Very patrician show.

Carle Combes out of Lansing MI offers this tip: cock one leg up at the knee when reclining so your balls fall comfortably between your legs

for a treat give this a go! lie on your stomach with your head risen so you can cup your chin with your open palms while your elbows are held askew, now lift your legs and let them rest back, calves against thighs, every once in a while you can hook your foots together one way or the other

Alright, I admit, I've only been lurking Veeky Forums for maybe 2-3 weeks, and I've not yet figured out what the Hell a 'patrician' is. What is this meme?

for Veeky Forumsizens being a patrician means being better than the plebs. it is all over Veeky Forums.

Nope. We the people put him there, and we the people can remove him if he proves untrustworthy.

I frequent /k/ a lot. Never heard of a 'patrician' until I went to Veeky Forums.

>I'm a man with wealth and sympathy for the devil

"Hope you guess my name" is my favorite aerosmith song

How do I read heavy books? If I hold them normally my hands hurt. If I lay them down flat on the desk my back will hurt. Should I get a podium?

I know just the man for the job

As if any american "revolution" won't become derailed by identity groups claiming hate crimes and eventually within 6 weeks everyone forgets what theyre doing

If you haven't switched to e-readers yet you deserve to die.

Not all books are digitized and some of them have pictures or a certain kind of layout. Poetry is quite retarded on e-readers for example.

>tossed salad and scrambled eggs...

>that lil niglet

I really enjoy reading while kneeling next to my bed with a book placed on it.

high doses of amphetamines.

holy... I want more

You really do this? Because I have also been tempted to use public transportation (bus in my case) to read when I have semester tickets, seems really comfy since you can jump off anywhere and explore a bit and then continue.

I can only read comfortably sitting in an almost empty subway car

hot garbage thread

Have you ever been to school? You learn about the word ''patrician'' during history classes. Pay attention in your next life.

use a desk or a comfy armchair and the book on your laps.

More what? Stories of me crying? I cried after both Rin's Neutral Ending and Good Ending, as well as when I heard that Lt. Gen. Mikhail Kalashnikov passed away in December 2013.

t. Typically lurks /k/

Of course I've been to school, but we didn't have 'history' class; we had Social Studies which included learning about other countries as well as touched on history a bit. There was nothing in regards to 'patricians' as i can recall, and Social Studies was one of my favourite classes. It really does seem as though 'patricians' is a Veeky Forums-based meme. The only occasion I can see it being used elsewhere is if someone from Veeky Forums used it somewhere else.

Please stop posting this plastic hag.

Am I the only retard who reads while pacing in a room here?
If I sit down I immediately get sleepy

not even close

it's seinfeld you fag

pretty sexy feet though
i'd cum buckets on them

Shower Veeky Forums

How is Seinfeld Veeky Forums?

a patricians were aristocratic families in ancient Rome, they were the ruling class.

The plebeians were the commoners.

That's where the meme comes from.

opium, xanax and alcohol, although not at the same time

where is this

Try reading House of Leaves, sometimes you have to suffer the big book problem.

war, what is it good for

supine in bed with no pillows and a small clear table thing I made which I place over my face. I use a kindle and there is a small hole I poke through to trigger the page turn.

Is this satire?

i kinda like your writing style, though the third paragraph is weaker

Basil Hallward mode on a couch while repeating the lazedmans mantra "lugubrious, indolent, languid."

Huh. I wonder why I was called a patrician just because I didn't have any historic or particularly groundbreaking/legendary/epic novels in my top 5. I guess it was used ironically, like telling someone they're a genius when they make a simple mathematical mistake such as 20+20=50.

Which part? Either way, the answer is 'no', I was being honest. That "It's not your fault" scene in Good Will Hunting really did hit me like a ton of bricks.

Thanks, I've written a couple books if you're interested in taking a look at them. Written under a pseudonym, which is why I'm not OVERLY uncomfortable with mentioning them on Veeky Forums. The first novel actually mentions Fort McMurray once or twice I think. There's some blaring issues with the first that I still have to make right though; I'll get around to that 2nd edition eventually.

the real question is: self published or actually published?

Hahaaaa, good eye. It's the shitty kind of published. Be afraid, be very afraid.

>patrician
high thinking, high taste. Doesn't conform to mass appeal, yet understands his individual tastes and explores them through recommendations and forming opinions through logical deductions based on observation and value. Veeky Forums.
>pleb
middlebrow, tasteless. Game of Thrones. Breaking Bad. Harry Potter. Forrest Gump. OMG I LOVE these things. They're like my entire personality. Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy makes you laugh and think. Check out this thing I totally didn't just see on reddit for the first time today. I really uniquely appreciate it.

watch Ordinary people

if you can put that much writing into the self-published landfill, you obviously have enough spirit to be writer. so, then, why dont you attend workshops or submit to actual publishers?

if you really care about the stuff you write, treat it like you do.

Everyone's got to start somewhere. I only just published my first book less than a month ago, and also completed a novella. Perhaps someday I'll go to an actual publisher, but for now I'm content with plucking away at the landfill. Good way to describe it, by the way. Something like 100,000 books published per month, so yeah, you definitely end up drowning/getting buried.

desu I would read a collection of thoughts like this. Do more.

Something I like to do when I get drunk is play STALKER: Call of Pripyat. The survivalism of the game, hunting mutated creatures, cooking the food up, defending myself if attacked by mutants or other wanderers of the zone, as well as trying to hunt those down who have made enemies of me. Bandits, mercs, Duty (I go with Freedom), and the like. The open nature of it, able to go wherever I want, whenever I want, but knowing that danger could be around most any corner. Lots of difficulty with the Misery and Armed Zone mods. The sheer variety of firearms is staggering, but I like that, because there's a lot of opportunity to experience some history in-game.

In the real world, I love handling firearm designs. With some, ones that were made in wartime, it's like shaking hands with a Veteran. Someone who's actually been there, in war. An M91/30 Mosin from the Soviet Union, a Kar98k from Nazi Germany, a Mk.III* Lee Enfield from WWI-era England, an M1 Carbine made in 1943, perhaps by an American who had read about how the Invasion of Fascist Italy was going. A Hi Power made in Nazi-occupied Belgium, perhaps by a fellow who hated the fact that a waffenamt was going to be stamped on it and it would be sent to serve for those who had taken their country from them. Not all these firearms are in the game, but are ones I've handled in real life, and I feel priveleged and honoured to have shaken the hands of those veterans.
Was it just passionate outlooks in general, like this, that you were looking for user, or specifically thoughts/memories/experiences of modesty and weakness? I guess this is something more /k/ related, but it really is how I view firearms as well as that videogame.

Read with a qt jc in your arms. Explain. Kiss. Repeat.

>Of course I've been to school, but we didn't have 'history' class; we had Social Studies which included learning about other countries as well as touched on history a bit.

Is this a meme? Are you American?

Nope, not American.

Have you done this before? It seems like a good plan.

I have. It is.

man, i wish i could convince you not to self publish, but if youre going to continue on that route, best of luck. rooting for ya bub.

Forest Gump is mainstream but it was objectively a decent movie.

Thanks, check em out if you want.

amazon.com/gp/product/154037162X/ref=x_gr_w_bb?ie=UTF8&tag=x_gr_w_bb_ca-20&linkCode=as2&camp=15121&creative=330641

That's the novella I mentioned. Still got to make a 2nd edition of my other one (Living amongst the Dead); REALLY should have stuck to just italics rather than using caps sometimes to stress words. I think this one is better written. It takes 2-3 days to find out if anyone has bought these books, and so far as of 2-3 days ago nobody has gotten 'When Her 'No' Means 'Yes'', so you might very well be the first if you end up getting it. Anyways, thanks again for the words of encouragement.

god fucking damnit tell me that its romance first. now all the pieces fall into place.

not trying to be rude, but romance novels arent my thing. however, still, best of luck.

Eh, it's a bit of a grey area. If you want a basic description, here's the basic premise. Spoilers ahead, of course.

I find the most interesting part of the book is the girl. She's 18, just getting into College, and is pretty fucked in the head. Father is in prison because he routinely fucked her while she was underage, ultimately had to get an abortion of her son/brother. She's cripplingly shy. I mean, basically completely incapable of being casual in a social situation whatsoever. She also, has a rape fetish, because her father would always try to be relatively 'gentle' with her whenever they fucked, so yeah, if anything sexual is going on then she needs to get smacked around a bit otherwise she essentially gets flashbacks of her old man. She's also suicidal.

The whole 'smacking her around' stuff doesn't fly for the protagonist, who is nearly a decade older than her. His father used to smack around his mother, so yeah, doesn't want to be like him, but if he DOESN'T smack Amber (the female protagonist) around then she gets freaked the fuck out because her dad didn't.

Anyways, if it's not your thing, all good, thanks all the same.

Curl up into bed with a good book.

it totally was a good movie. If its your favorite movie? You're a pleb.

What's your favorite movie?

I'm not but I can never really decide on a favourite movie. Some of my favourites are Evil Dead 2: Dead by Dawn, Dawn of the Dead (1979), Withnail & I, Real Genius, and Master and Commander. Those are some ones that come to mind anyways. It's impossible to choose just one favourite.