ITT: normie lit. What is it that draws normies to the same shitty books?

ITT: normie lit. What is it that draws normies to the same shitty books?

I don't know any normies that have read or heard of Murakami desu.

youre retarded lol murakami is pure normie middlebrow housewife/"hipster college girl"/:indie guy" tier. its what people who read hunger games in high school go on to read in college

You realize the same could be said of this board with shit like Dostoyevsky and Kant?

wew lad you're talking about a Veeky Forums Top 100 approved author, show some respect.

op, what do you like to read?

this man, in my country he is nothing

I read books that interest me.

Those are reader-normie authors.
Normie-normie authors are ones like John Green, Grisham, and Patterson.

Rofl, what a cop out shit answer, you dumb faggot. What if Murakami interests those people? You're literally the "stop liking what i don't like" guy.

I've read Dosto and Murakami. Deal with it, fag.

>guys was a top contender for a nobel prize 2 years ago
>nobody knows about him (or any japanese author)

Yeah, Murakami is not normie lit just like Dylanis not normie music

>Patterson
>Author

you know the guys is currently hiring 20 ghost writers and he doesnt write any of ''his'' books right?

He just decide what the book will be about, pay some dude to write it in 30 days or less and cash in.

Of course Murakami interests those people, what an obtuse comment to make.

so they're just like you, they read what interests them

Its typical elitism, It doesn't interest him so the people who do like it are terrible people in his eyes.

I have literally never met anyone who has read Kant except for a professor I met who literally only teaches Kant.

Normies do not really read philosophy. The most I usually get out of them is "we read parts of Republic in school once."

Normies aren't drawn to books, they read what their friends read.

What's the best distance to stay away from Murakami's books?

Normies taste in music, literature, and art in general are dictated by the tastes of teenage girls. I'm writing a dissertation on it at the moment, it's too nuanced to express in a single shitpost, just trust me. P=0.05

lets break this down.

normies read what their friends read, huh? So that means that at least one of their friends reads non-normie literature because the only person who reads is not a normie because a normie read what their friends read and if their friend is also a normie they read what their friends read and so on and so forth. So eventually in the chain there is a normie with a patrician, or at least non normie friend. Hence since the normies read what their friends read, they also read non-normie literature. Hence the concept of the normie is non existent.

fuck you

about 30 cm. Any more and you might struggle to read the words

>why aren't normies abnormal like us and like good books, heh

fucking rekt

we've got a mathematician here, friends

Exactly, whats your point?

The one that you said "exactly" to.

Sometimes people agree, you know.

Sorry to ruin your argument boner.

the only reason anyone reads Murakami is because he is Japanese

radical opinion xD

>fully grown adults at my workplace, apparently fit to sire children, still read shit like the hunger games
maybe it's just an Australia thing, English is woefully handled over here

there's more to it than that. Murakami I feel is in the same camp as stuff like Kerouac, Hunter S Thompson etc in that a lot of people treat their books as fashion accessories before they do works of literature.

From what I've seen Murakami is on Vonnegut tier here, ie simplistic literary works that hipsters read. It is by no means "normie" Veeky Forums.

You want normie Veeky Forums go look at the Goodreads Best Books of Year 201X.

Pic related by the way, an absolute masterpiece of recorded oral history and investigative journalism.

>That scene with the woman trying to recite vowels and she mentions wanting to go to Disney land

Sarin is a hell of a drug

youre retarded lol murakami is pure normie middlebrow housewife/"hipster college girl"/:indie guy" tier.

Even if it true, this not an argument against disliking his work, you do know that right?

Normiecore is literally Game of Thrones, Harry Potter, the Davinci Code...etc. Certainly not Murakami. Murakami is about as mainstream as literary fiction gets, but he's not normiecore. You may be an autistic shut in who doesn't come in to contact with normies if you don't recognize that.

No it's worldwide, don't worry

Sorry meant to quote this guy.

interesting!!!