Have you experienced these masterpieces?

Have you experienced these masterpieces?

only one of those is a meme

>not GR
>not The Residents 'Meet The Residents'
>not Dr. Strangelove

>Citizen Kane
yes
>Pet sounds
isn't a masterpiece compared to Uncle Meat or Trout Mask Replica
>Ulysses
is a masterpiece that I haven't experienced yet

Yes.
Though Ulysses and Citizen Kane are similar in their importance, Pet Sounds is an amazing album, but I don't know if it belongs.
Maybe Trout Mask Replica instead.

Why do plebs tout Pet Sounds as some kind of inaccessible ultra-masterpiece? It's literally a 5/10

Agreed. Pet sounds is fucking terrible.

>all this hate on Pet sounds
Pleb central

>pop music
>'masterpiece'
>pop movie
>'masterpiece'

I don't like Pet Sounds.

I would substitue the middle for this

Pet Sounds is irredeemably aged and not as revolutionary as the meme would suggest.

you're the same guy posting this on /tv/, please dont tell me your trying to be funny

is Veeky Forums the only one to actually hold its end of the bargain.

>Ulysses gets shit on sometimes, but for the most part its well regarded on here
>/tv/ is now 100% meme
>/mu/ would never be caught dead listening to something with lyrics or coherent sound

Because of production value and nostalgia

I'm a ride or die nigga for /mu/ but I'll go as far to say the average Veeky Forumsizen has a much better taste in books than the average /mu/tant, who almost certainly listens to garbage.

>>/mu/ would never be caught dead listening to something with lyrics or coherent sound
/mu/ has been /poptimism/ since 2010;

this

This
Most of /mu/'s taste is absolute trash, on the off-season it can be pretty good but when Latest Hip Hop FOTM Album 64857 comes out the plebs out themselves

cmon we all know that this is the residents' magnum opus

Citizen Kane is a mediocre flick.
Why would you even compare it to Ulysses?

Ulysses and Pet Sounds are so far above Citizen Kane it ain't even funny

Citizen Kane's equivalents are The Great Gatsby and Help!

Citizen Kane is pretty comfy, both the "best film ever" and the "most overrated film of all time" make it impossible to talk about on the internet though

Pretty much. It drags in the last third but that closing crane shot and speech about pieces of history and relics of Xanadu never adding up to the unknowable Man is chilling ... reminds me of Pynchon's line in Mason & Dixon about the mathematical formula of the stars and to where they may point. That's a little different though.