Is this true?

Is this true?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/SBPpmNobdt8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yes.
that does not assert that one didn't take place.

It is not reasonable to expect human scientists to have directly observed every stage of the evolution of life starting from the elements. Humans just haven't been studying biology for the length of time necessary to observe it all.

Abiogenesis is impossible.

ok

It's happened at least once.

Have you heard of "game of life"? It basically shows that given enough random variations, a system that can sustain itself (i.e life) can spontaneously emerge.
Also, don't forget that because of nature's tendency towards increasing entropy (and considering the fact that life is a huge catalyst for entropy), it seems very probable that life would spontaneously emerge as soon as it can.

>Also, don't forget that because of nature's tendency towards increasing entropy (and considering the fact that life is a huge catalyst for entropy), it seems very probable that life would spontaneously emerge as soon as it can.

This does not logically follow at all and you're retarded. Should've ended your post after the second sentence.

Geologist here. While I've only studied paleontology on an undergraduate level I can at least say that your statement is true.

But that doesn't say much. We've never drilled to the core of the Earth either. We've never landed on the sun. We've never traveled to the Andromeda galaxy.

Fucking hell we still haven't figured out dark matter. Just saying 'we don't know X' doesn't make some other crackpot theory valid.

I'm a Christian by the way AND a geologist. I just don't see a point in this debate. It's meaningless.

Because humans are inherently compelled to argue about petty shit.

Would you care to elaborate, or are you just about posting comments that take shots at others, without giving any justifications to what you're saying?

Divine entities can do impossible things. Doesn't make abiogenisis any less impossible.

I'll elaborate for him. If entropy is your argument, an ordered system like life would never form, or at least it wouldn't keep ordering itself

entropy usually produces order.
crystals, sand dunes, river branches, lightning patterns, spirals, orbs, orbits, clusters.

You're mixing two different things - complexity and disorder. Increasing entropy relates to complexity, not disorder. (people constantly get confused between the two)
That's why entropy helps life to form. Life might be ordered, but it's complex, so it can spontaneously form.

>tfw when this dude claims that life contradicts the second law of thermodynamics
oh geez, I guess people were wrong about that law of nature all along, thanks for disproving it user!

we have not yet seen a single graviton, therefore i cannot accept the scientific origin. /s
a useless brainlet that knows big words is a useless fool

this is 100% true
t. paleofag

This is a person who doesn't understand what "science". This is a christian.

What science is, motherfuckers!

The author is very obtuse

Seeing as how many important scientific discoveries were made by christians I don't think that's the issue t b h

He's probably referring to the modern day "Christians"

youtu.be/SBPpmNobdt8
This was from the same thread I got the text from.

Come on man basics. It started with the WORD. Meaning vibrations and wavelengths. All matter is wirelessly controlled to self propagate given the proper conditions. That is not to say it reaches its end state (sentient life) alone all of the time.

But I don't understand, we do know that aminoacids can form naturally in controled enviroments and we do know that bacterias could have lived in the deepest parts of the sea, near volcanic chimneys, were the stability and heat could be more than enough to let these compounds react for thousands of thousands of years until they start forming closed enviroments, that can have hemeostasis.

Everything is downhill from there.

>subunits
wtf that term is not used in this context